Thursday, September 22, 2016

ATR's hiatus continues..... but not for long!

Heya everyone! Now that Kairi Edits are done, the biggest parts of Dead Inside that really peeved me are outta the way, so we'll be back to ATR basically uninterrupted!

Kairi Edits are done??

Yup! I just posted batch 2 like, I guess it was a week ago. here


Are Dead Inside Edits done?

WELL, no. I still have some things I'd like to tackle, eventually:
  • I never did completely obliterate romantic SoKai
  • there's still some gross ShadKai things (like, ft Shad's gross crush on her) lingering around???? DYING WHALE NOISES
  • I'd wanted to make Namine actually think about Kairi during part 1 but shrugs if I'll get that done
  • I WANNA MAKE AERITH/LEON SIBLING DYNAMICS CLEARER!!!!!!!
  • I'd super duper like to make Riku a little more jumpy about people touching him / being yelled at, tho it's less important
  • I may need to change Kairi's thoughts re: Sora because she's a lot more conflicted about what happened as far as edits are concerned ((she will always forgive him because he's her best friend, but also Kairi has a problem called it's really hard for me to let grudges go and what happened in FtP the book was more complicated than a simple black and white thing, so, that's a thing))
These all have to get tackled on a chapter-to-chapter basis though, I don't have any convenient lists of where these things are yet! So, they'll get edited as I find them / actually have the energy to do something about them.

Dead Inside edits aren't going to happen regularly, and I can't even promise they'll actually continue for long (the ShadKai things are literally the only things that have to go) but!! They're still a thing.

THE DIFFERENCE NOW THAT THE BIG KAIRI EDITS ARE OUTTA THE WAY IS THAT THEY WON'T GET IN THE WAY OF ATR ANYMORE!!! Or, not for months and months at a time ever again.


So ATR's off hiatus?

Not quite! It's off hiatus in the sense that I've actually started writing it again, but as I've said in previous blog posts, until I finish Part 3 (something which is within 10 chapters away) I can't post anything. There's a timing thing I may have rushed a bit, and I need to make sure it works out, and I won't know until Part 3 is over!

Still, I am writing it now---In fact, I'm currently working on ch65! 

I don't have a timeframe for when I think everything will be done, but know that it will be as soon as possible!

Things to look forward to as Part 3 concludes
  • a conversation I've been sitting on for literally 2 years. It makes me very happy. I know that doesn't tell you a lot about it but I feel like even telling you who is involved would give it away. (Here's a hint: if you reread the last couple of uploaded chapters of ATR, especially ch61, it may give you a clue.)
  • a certain someone gets their ass THOROUGHLY kicked
  • Riku and Namine finally talk about things they were supposed to ages ago (the meltdowns, their no-longer-existent connection) 
  • Riku and Vexen talk????? Trust me it's good and important.
  • WE'LL GET A SCENE WITH THE MAIN FOUR ACTUALLY INTERACTING I don't think I've had one of these actually, or if I have, they've been few and far between. anyway they have a sleepover on the beach it'll be good.
  • Then we move into the endgame of part 3!!!! I can't really tell you anything about it but [steeples fingers] trust me. it's gonna be REAL good.

Other things

Hey yo if you aren't following me on AO3, you might want to reconsider? I write a lot of non-FtPverse KH fic now and all of it goes over there! (I've basically stopped using FFN except for FtPverse, sweats).


Some choice fics I've posted lately:
  • a sudden rush of water -- a fic about Aqua wandering the realm of darkness and facing her nightmares, taking basically every Aqua scene from the 2.8 trailer at TGS 2016 and turning it into a cohesive fic
  • apparitions -- a 10k fic about Xion and Roxas bodysharing, or "what if Roxas could hear Xion's voice commentating on stuff that happened in KH2?"
  • my body is an orphanage -- the first in what will be a continuation of apparitions' continuity, exploring a fun concept called: "sora can hear xion and ven and sometimes roxas talking to him thruout the entirety of KH2" (don't worry, I write this randomly for fun, it won't interfere with FtPverse)
  • a sparkling, clear blue -- a fic about Aqua and Rinoa meeting and the start of what will probably be a beautiful friendship. I think I linked this one before, though?
  • the warmth of someone's hand in yours -- this will probably be the only Tales of Symphonia fic I write but a really gay thing happened between Sheena and Colette in the game and I had to turn it into a fic, bye,
And if you missed my post a couple weeks ago about the STW Crossover, well, check it out again maybe?? STW still isn't much at the moment, but I did finally write and post a scene from it that featured FtP Riku, and since that's obviously relevant here.....


That's it folks!!! Buckle your seatbelts, when ATR starts back up again, you'll be in for one HELL of a ride

No comments: