Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Dead Inside Edits: Ch123-125 (+135) - Some ShadKais

HEYA!!! This is what happens when I'm super motivated to edit Dead Inside, I guess: I churn out edits to four chapters in like, four days. Welp.

Anyway, the edits here are mainly just "the ShadKai dynamic changed and these were some ShadKai chapters that subsequently had to be changed", and then some continuity stuff

Updated Chapters

Chapter 123  /  Chapter 124  /  Chapter 125  /  Chapter 134


Changelog!



Chapter 123

- this is the Hide and Seek chapter! Aka the one where Sora and Kairi nearly run into each other

- Changes here were mainly continuity, (Sora'd been chased by Maleficent through a few worlds now so it had to reflect that)

- Kairi bits were largely: editing her voice so it sounded more like her, as well as giving her a little bit more anxiousness than she initially had on the subject of Sora (anxiousness that had come up in the 104-121 edits).

That's mainly it!


Chapter 124 / 125

- more continuity on Sora's end! I thought about changing his nightmare scene but then didn't

- He wasn't injured as badly (or, he'd healed, it'd been quite a few days) as he was initially, so he couldn't wake up bandaged!


- KAIRI SCENE GOT BRAND NEW EDITS!!!! I mean it got rewritten. The ShadKai dynamic has changed, so of course this chapter had to be edited to reflect that.

- A lot of stuff happened?? Kairi's now freaking out less because Sora was hiding and more because she'd fucked up and let him slip away from her ((which is, legit))

- Kairi actually fights back against Shad's wolf instead of kind of sitting there helplessly under it, lol,,

- SHADKAI CONVERSATION CHANGED IN GENERAL, now better reflects the changes and new nature of their dynamic

- I had to keep, of course, Shad freaking out because he cared about Sora and missed Sora and cared about missing Sora and why did he care about missing Sora---This time around though!!! It originally happened like: "wait I care....? SINCE WHEN DID I CARE" confused and frustrated, but this time around it's more like "I care and I hate that I care BUT I CARE AND IT SUCKS", which is different?? But also this happened five days after it initially did and he's been searching for Sora a bit so he's had some time to come to realize he's felt these things. (Not that he likes them, because boy he does not.)

- Shad doesn't give Kairi hope because she doesn't need it, and also the conversation didn't happen like that. It's fine.

- They talked like good friends? I cry?

- NOW THEY PINKY PROMISE AND I REALLY CRY!!! The pinky promise hurts me. It's so good.

- I also added an end scene with Shad in the Dark Margin where he has a mental breakdown about what just happened because boy howdy, the pinky promise is good but it hurts me

- ((For the record: all of Shad's laughter in this chapter is the kind of desperate, anxious kind. Not the good kind.))


Chapter 134

- continuity things!! Kairi didn't need to buy a new outfit because she brought clothes (and a bag) with her. Also general edits to her opinions re: Sora, cleaning up her voice, etc

No comments: