Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sky (ch155... sorta...)

Things you may have missed around the blog

I mapped out the layout of Aerith's house

Replied to some reviews and discussed in depth why the Organization rebuilt Roxas instead of building an entirely new Replica

Roxas's character corner was updated

The blog on ch154 which includes links to the chapter from 26's POV and Roxas's POV
That post about Sora you need to read if you still haven't

A post about Riku and Namine being telepathic

oh and

JUST

TO LET YOU

KNOW

THIS HAS SPOILERS FOR CH155

SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT

YOU SHOULD

Y'KNOW

GO DO THAT

also look here are my notes on tumblr if you care (there's like three posts)


So this is less of a commentary, and more of me talking about what exactly Riku's new ceiling looks like?

Yeah....

So, real quick, fun little story about this

I knew Namine was gonna do something for Riku, and of course the first thought is draw him a picture but I knew that really wasn't anything different from what she normally did, so I was like draw him a really big picture.
And after the thought of she'd, idk, tape a few pieces of paper together I thought y'know the walls of Castle Oblivion would make a great canvass and then almost immediately it was SHE'S GONNA PAINT HIS CEILING TO LOOK THE SKY
(because that's a thing)

Anyway look I have some extra stuff~ that goes with this and I'm lazy so I'm just posting it here

So yeah Joseph finds Namine and:
Joseph: Whoa…
Namine: does it look okay?
Joseph: Yeah, it’s! It’s… beautiful. Why are you…?
Namine: I wanted to do something for Riku. Drawing him a picture didn’t seem like enough
Joseph: So… why this?
Namine: I just thought… it’d be a nice change from the Castle’s White walls. He’s got to be pretty sick of them.
Toby: The ceiling looks like the sky
Namine: *nods happily* Are the clouds okay? Distracting? I didn’t want to add them at first, but it was hard to convey the fact it was the sky without them
Joseph: It’s fine
Namine: You sure? There aren’t too many, or…? I didn’t want to many of them, because then it would feel… stifling, and it’d defeat the purpose of painting it to look like the sky in the first place
Joseph: Namine, seriously, it’s fine! Stop worrying about it.

and there's this:
“Why the sky?” (someone asks)
“Because… the sky is freedom,” Namine explained, quietly. “No walls. Nothing holding you in. Nothing but the open air…” She sighed, wistfully, and smiled. “Riku really misses that”

and then maybe they discussed this but it never actually happened: 
Joseph: What are you going to do about the walls?
Namine: I… haven’t decided yet
Toby: You could make them look like the sky, too
Namine: Mmm… that’s a bit much
Joseph: paint them blue?
Namine: but then what?
Joseph: Draw on them! Like, little pictures! Nothing fancy!
Namine: You think it’d work? It needs to match the sky… Or at least not look terrible with it
Joseph: Like I said, paint them blue. Same color as the ceiling! And then… if you put a sun right there, between those two clouds *points* and maybe put a few clouds at the tops of the walls… continuing from the ceiling… Then draw on the rest of the walls!
Namine: Alright. You guys mind helping me out?
Joseph: Really?

Namine: yeah! You can draw your own pictures, too. I couldn’t think of enough things to fill these walls

I DO HAVE A PROBLEM

with that it probably wasn't finished when Joseph came in but whatever

ANYWAY

So here are some possibilities of what it might've ended up looking like:


sky by ~cos22

which is my like, my favorite of the three I picked out as possibilities

then there's:


clouds... also by ~cos22

which is also a possibility!

and the last one


which is a pannel from yuumei's ~Sky Collection

which is really pretty but the least likely possibility because it's got that horizon circular thingy going which looks really cool but I don't think it would've worked well on a ceiling y'know?

But it's possible that what Namine painted is as detailed as that! 

So

Yeaaaaah

tbh it probably looks most like the first one, because it's detailed and doesn't have that horizon thing going on and Namine wouldn't have made it look plain like the second one. Not that there's anything wrong with the second one! It's just I think Namine would put more detail into it, y'know??

I'M TRYING TO DESCRIBE WHY IT'S NOT SOMETHING NAMINE WOULDN'T HAVE DRAWN /PAINTED BUT I'M NOT BASHING IT I SWEAR I REALLY REALLY LIKE THE SECOND ONE I JUST DON'T THINK IT'S WHAT NAMINE WOULD'VE DONE

THERE

I mean it's possible that she did that one but idk???

I'm just throwing out ideas but I'll stop now

No comments: