Thursday, July 18, 2013

clever title here

Things you may have missed

That post about Sora I still want you to read if you haven't

Roxas's updated character corner

The blog on ch154 which includes links to the chapter from 26's POV and Roxas's POV


And now the review replies I want to do

DIch154 from Exodin
(I did reply to this privately, but for those of you interested:)

No, the final showdown between Sora and Shad won't happen until Endgame. Which we are still a few major plotpoints away from.

As for Roxas, I was pretty adamant about not bringing him back. Ever. So, a lot of you thought I wasn't going to. Then I changed my mind. But it was a good idea and I enjoy writing him and that's all that really matters.

And concerning whether or not Sora and Roxas will meet... I won't say anything, but if you want an answer, try browsing through my tumblr.

(Those weren't all the questions asked, but I did reply to all of them privately and these are just the ones I felt other people might be curious about. If I missed one you'd like answered, lemme know and I'll answer it. It's not a problem.)


DIch154 from Flightfoot
Roxas has a few basic fighting protocols pre-programmed into him, but besides basic hack-and-slash, I'm not sure if he'd be able to do much else right now.
(He really didn't do anything when attacking Riku, after all)


DIch151 from KKBeckett
It's what Vexen does :P

As for the other question--concerning Riku and Namine being telepathic--it got its own blog post


DIch153 from Flightfoot
Yup! (Riku's not too happy though)


ASASch46 from KKBeckett
Riku and Namine are cute when they're being telepathic. And they get worse, too.

I don't think Vexen's happy you're laughing at him, btw xD


ASASch46 from archsage
Yup :D
And, no, you're definitely not the only person who thinks Riku and Namine need to kiss soon. Pretty sure the "fanbase" has been waiting for over a year now. (I'm just taking forever I'm sorry. I can't pour myself into writing without draining myself and I'd rather this be enjoyable than finished quicker and finished quicker than including stuff I don't need to)


DIch149 from KKBeckett
It won't work. Riku is always mopey. Always.


DIch154 from Peach
Aww, but I love Xigbar! :P

I get that he's annoying, though


OH LOOK BIG RESPONSE TIME
OH BOY
HERE WE GO

DIch148 from KKbeckett

KKBeckett asked:
Question, what's the difference between Rebuilding a Replica and simply
constructing a new one? Why Rebuild Roxas as opposed to simply creating
another? I mean, forget morals for a second, these are logical replicas we're
talking about. (And a very illogical but still logical Xemnas).


Ooh... okay. Actually, there isn't much of a difference. When you Rebuild a Replica, you are basically constructing a new one, and then copying over all the data/memories/etc. of the dead Replica you wish to Rebuild.

As for why they ended up Rebuilding Roxas and not just creating a new Replica capable of using the Keyblade, well, Axel was probably very insistent on it being Roxas and refused to help if it was anyone else. Since they needed his help--he knew where the external is and was probably careful not to tell anyone--they couldn't really say no.

I mean, they could've just built a new Replica instead of Roxas once they had the external, but I don't see why it would've mattered much to Xemnas. He'd get a Keyblade wielder no matter who it looked like.

Also, the only data they have of a Keyblade wielder--besides Roxas--is Sora. And Sora's data... with all the darkness... would create a very unpredictable Replica. Because, y'know, Sora was fairly unpredictable back during Falling to Pieces (when they gathered the data) so you really couldn't avoid making an exact Replica of him just as unstable.

Roxas was a very stable Replica, so they probably figured they might as well just reuse his data. 
Because, removing the instabilities from Sora's data--removing the darkness--leaves you with very little and trying to create a Replica out of that results in unstable Replica, like Xion. 
Odd, yes, that removing instabilities just results in unstable Replica, but Sora's instabilities are in his attitude and resulted from his darkness, and that would carry over to a perfect Replica of him and you don't want a Replica with an attitude and darkness problems. Xion's instabilities, however, were caused mainly because there wasn't enough data inside her to keep her running. (That, and they didn't even finish processing her, because they figured she was just a full-on mistake and not worth it.)

Roxas was created through the same methods as Xion--though he had a bit less data removed so he'd hopefully turn out better--and it was a miracle he even worked. 

So, I can see why Xemnas is perfectly okay with just reusing Roxas's data--which is stable and guaranteed to work--rather than try and create a new Replica through the same methods Roxas and Xion were created and risk the chance that the new Replica comes out like Xion and not like Roxas. They really did believe they only had one shot at building a Replica, and they weren't going to blow it by wasting their time building a mistake like Xion.

Yeah. That was long and a bit round-about, but I hope that covered it. Whew.


ALRIGHT, THAT'S ALL

Just thought I'd let you know that I am now done replying to reviews in bold and caps yeah

No comments: