Monday, June 6, 2016

hello more updates (hiatus update 4)

Ok!!!!

I meant to do one of these last week, but got distracted by, well, various things????? Also I spent a whole week longer on a fic than I meant to, and I wanted to come in here and link to that, but when it dragged on for like 10k words longer than I meant, well,,,,


THIS FIC I WROTE (KH2 NarraXion AU)

I started replaying KH2 extremely recently!!! I think it was just last Sunday, literally a week ago. Not, like, yesterday, the Sunday before. May 29th.

Anyway, the short of it is "Roxas narrates Sora's adventure / provides flavor text" AUs have been discussed w/in my friend circle before, but when I saw the flavor text during the Roxas prologue I was like "WAIT A MINUTE!!! WHO NARRATES FOR ROXAS!!!"

Xion, of course, was the obvious choice.

So I decided to write a NarraXion fic!!! It was supposed to be a short little thing to just, get out the concept, but then I started thinking about what Xion would actually be saying and what was on her mind in general and somehow it turned into 11k words??? alright.

>  You can read it here!  < 

It's super good imo. Plus, yanno, since you're waiting for FtPverse Updates, YOU MIGHT AS WELL!!!!!


Dead Inside related

If you missed it, I made new DI OST mixes!!! they're pretty good imo. I updated the soundtrack page w/ them, but, forgot to do a post again. (LIKE I SAID THO, it probably just would've been talking about song choice and junk, which I already did on tumblr, so)


Kairi Batch 2 edits?? Coming along! I have chapters 104/107 done, and, I dunno, around 15 more chapters to go before I've finished the Yelling Sequence and everything else among Kairi leaving Destiny Islands.

104/107 edits consist, in short: Namine and Kairi having an actual conversation about things that matter and has very little to do with Boys. Ren is an awesome dad. Joseph tells a pretty neat lie.

I'm excited for them, and I'll be excited to finish them, too!! Who knows how long that will take tho lol.

Missed the Batch 1 Kairi Updates, covering 15 separate chapters thruout Part 1 of Dead Inside?? CHECK 'EM OUT HERE!


ATR related???

OKay, in one hand to combat the fact If I Spend Too Long On Dead Inside I Start Feeling Gross, as well as letting myself move forward on ATR, I'm gonna tackle Dead Inside and ATR concurrently again!! I mean, I had to get this buffer back eventually. (Not that this is probably going to take any more/less time than Dead Inside first then finally back to ATR.)

Nothing has happened yet, but as soon as I finish this post I'm gonna start working on chapter, uh, is it 62??? 63??? Idr, but, I mean. I know it as the next sequence. I JUST CAN'T TELL YOU THE NAME OF THE SEQUENCE BECAUSE LOL SPOILERS.

I won't be posting ATR, of course, until I finish at least Part 3! finishing Part 3 should at the very least get back my buffer, which is the main reason. Another, still important though largely secondary reason, is to make sure the end of Part 3 works??? Some really big things happen in this section, and I need to make sure I don't mess it up. AND, THAT'S NOT EXACTLY SMTH YOU CAN, UHH,,, that's not something you can manage as well once chapters have been uploaded, so.

ANYWAY! I can't tell you what's up but I'm hyyyyype.

Take a moment, as well, to reread ch59 because it rules and maybe it's a little bit related but SHH


Other FtPverse related things!!! 

I'm rereading FtPverse as a whole, because, I never have??? It'll be good to explore my roots or whatever, plus this hopefully means I won't forget about important things that happened in the past, maybe??

I finished rereading the Truth Hurts a couple weeks ago, but haven't started Falling to Pieces yet!! oops. I'm bad at reading.

Regardless, along with remembering important things, going back to my roots, getting a better sense of character development I may have forgotten, I'm noting down things I want to edit as I go, too!!

It's,, coming,,


I'm also planning new character sheets! I know, I do this like every year lol but!!! Well I won't say these ones will be the final ones because I bet next Year I'll find something wrong with them, BUT!

These ones are gonna focus more on who they are as a person instead of "notes I keep in mind when writing them and that's kinda it" BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT CHARACTER PROFILES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FOR??? Lmao.


KINGDOM HEARTS RELATED!!

Like I said, I've been replaying KH2, and it's been a lot of fun!!! It also has provided me with like 20 KH fic ideas??? oops. NONE OF THESE SHOULD END UP AS LONG AS THE NARRAXION FIC THO,

Anyway you can check out all the fic ideas I thought up here!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to writing a few about Namine (largely just, the one about her pictures, which ended up in another post!)

And the "heart hotel collaborative effort" which, while my friend coined, I'm extremely banking on!!! I don't have anything written, just thoughts for it, but it's gonna be a continuation of the NarraXion fic (of sorts), where Xion now narrates for Sora. So does Ven. And Roxas too, eventually, when he stops being a grump.

It'll be a lot of fun heartsharing thoughts!!!! You can check out my tag for the AU here!

I also made alot of fun posts about Namine. You should check them out (1, 2, 3, 4)

You might want to check out my kh bloggin tag, in general??? there's been a lot of new thoughts floating around in it.


Other things I've been up to!!!

There's probably more than just this one thing, but, I'm gonna leave it at this one thing and call it a night!

I've been listening to a really fun podcast called The Adventure Zone recently!! I never liked podcasts before this one, but this is a DnD podcast where three brothers and their dad play DnD together. Basically, they just live-roleplay out a story and sometimes there's dice rolling involved.

This is definitely not a podcast for younger ears, so if you're made uncomfortable by cussing and sex jokes (nothing crude, exactly, just more talk about wieners than probably necessary) then skedaddle outta here!

Otherwise, The Adventure Zone has a wonderful story and some stellar characters! There are funny moments almost constantly, and the story just gets better as we go. The third arc, Petals to the Medal, absolutely slayed me. It was so good and so enthralling I had to binge listen to like five episodes to get to the end of it (AND THEN CRIED LIKE A BABY ONCE I GOT THERE!!)

The Crystal Kingdom arc just wrapped up, and it was a lot of fun too!! It was either funny, or thrilling, or both at the same time, and started introducing music into the show. It, rules, in general, and there are a looooooooooot of good moments in there.

While I'd definitely recommend starting at the beginning, so you get some inside jokes and understand the lore of this universe, if you're looking for a single episode to sell you, then go with episode 31! This episode kind of encapsulates the entirety of what the Adventure Zone is, and is overall just a really good episode.

SO YEAH

CHECK IT OUT????


this was a long update post my fingers are tired i meant to start writing like two hours ago help


OH WAIT LMAO. E3. KAIRI. ETC.

I WON'T SPEND LONG HERE BUT YO! E3 IS COMING UP AND I'M HYPE FOR 2.8 BECAUSE I THIK AQUA'S COMING BACK

ALSO THERE'S ANOTHER KAIRI E3 FEST. YELL ABOUT E3. YELL ABOUT KAIRI

I'M MAKING A VIDEO FOR IT AND IT'S KIND OF HELL

No comments: