Sunday, November 15, 2015

All that Remains ch50! - in which, we have, MORE yelling

Boy do I love a yelling.

News and stuff!

I have another blog! This one's "professional" but, it's really just another spot in which I yell about video games. Check it out!

There was a Nintendo Direct on Thursday, including news like: Twilight Princess HD is real!! Cloud Strife is in Smash Bro??? MOTHER 3 GETS A VC RELEASE IN JAPAN.  - I blabbed about it on my other blog here!


I'm writing a big UNDERTALE fic!! I can't really talk about it at length because it revolves around a big spoiler, but!! If you've played the game and gotten the best ending, you should check it out imo! I'M SUPER PROUD OF IT. You can read it here!

(Of course, if you HAVEN'T beaten the game yet, DON'T READ IT!! YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED!!!! PLEASE!!!!)



It's been a while since I've shared a mix, but, check this one out!! It's a sequel to my other "broken ones" mix, featuring another set of my children! ((If, you uh, haven't been keeping up with me elsewhere, well, all my favorite characters are my children and I love them all so much.))

Track list / art sources are here!


CHAPTER TIME!!

Read here!

Tumblr tag!


In general: I'm super fond of this chapter because the only thing that's more fun than characters yelling at each other is characters yelling at each other for Very Legitimate reasons and it was super fun to write this, I screamed out loud to myself about what was happening more than once.

Also there was a two month gap between this and the last thing I wrote for Riku??? So, it was nice to get in his head again.

REST OF THE NOTES UNDER THE CUT!




[accidentally SoRiKai hints] o-oops

Actually it wasn’t so bad in the final draft but, neARLY..... I nearly SoRiKai hinted.

Sora was going to be pleasantly surprised to see Riku but it’s only been ten minutes since Kairi left so, nah, Riku just get skepticism. If Sora had not been skeptical, he would've been smiling, and Riku would've thought something along the lines of "wow Sora has a nice smile" hence the, uh, SoRiKai.


“He should be better than this” old habits die hard—by which I actually mean him scolding himself, not his jumping-for-being-yelled-at

I know a new defining trait of Namine is her flinching when someone raises their voice but hers is more a “retreats into herself, stomach bottoming out, Please I Don’t Want To Fight” sort of reaction and Riku’s is a “heart suddenly pounding, I can’t breathe, Oh God Don’t Hurt Me” reaction and it’s different, also I can’t, keep pretending Riku doesn’t have some Negative Lingering Effects of Larxene’s abuse—this is one of them (thank god he managed to shimmy out of trust issues??)

This is feeling really tangent-y but I’m 90% sure it’s just how Riku thinks?? Which is good, I can’t, have them all sound the same yanno,,,

ALSO FUN FACT: IT’D BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE THE LAST TIME I WROTE FOR RIKU. THERE WAS A TWO MONTH GAP BETWEEN THE LAST TIME I WROTE FOR RIKU AND THIS CHAPTER. TWO MONTHS. CRAZY!!!!!


[Realizes the parallels between what Riku’s doing and what Larxene would do.] [clasps hands together.] I’m legitimately glad we’re still here.

On one hand this is Real Mean of Riku and he knows it because he was reaaaaal embarrassed and touchy about ppl knowing he loved magik’s Namine still (largely the STILL part but I guess AT ALL too??) buuuuut on the other hand old habits die hard, Larxene taught him well, etc

He’ll apologize later. It's fine.

I censored one fuck but I really coouldn’t censor the other, sorry


I’m actually sooooooooo glad for how much Riku’s acting like Larxene right now…. hes a lot better but, he’s not perfect yet, not yet,,


SO! YEAH!!

I really like this chapter. It probably slides onto the list of "favorite chapters of FtPverse" easily. Also I really did miss writing for Riku and it was super nice to get in his head again. Also I love A Yelling. I'm repeating myself. Whatever.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING IT AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT.

BECAUSE I REALLY ENJOYED WRITING IT!!

No comments: