Thursday, July 30, 2015

ATR Chapter 40!! - I'm proud of this chapter

Hello! As stated in the chapter, I'm sorry this is late-er than normal.

I was writing a Namine fic for Namine Week on tumblr (you can find it and the other two in the series here! Read them, you'll like them, trust me) and that was eating a lot of my time because I was nervous about getting it done soon enough!

Also, I was traveling across the country, and had a whole day eaten by plane travel. (sarcastically:) Whoo-hoo!

Finally, it's SGDQ this week! Summer Games Done Quick, and while I've only caught a few speedruns (the Twilight Princess one, the BBS one, the Earthbound one) it's been a lot of fun!!! You can watch the livestream here, check out the schedule here, or this channel on youtube has (most) of the runs archived a few hours after they've been streamed!


OH, AND, IF YOU'VE SEEN ME POST ABOUT SONIC 06 BEFORE, WELL, DRAK AND GIGI FINISHED PLAYING IT, AND YOU CAN NOW WATCH THE FULL RUN HERE!!!!

And because I'm trash and really enjoyed this game (er, two people playing it and laughing over how broken and bad it is, anyway), have an embeded version of part 1.... B))






CHAPTER TIME!!

Read it here

Tumblr tag here

I had a lot of fun with this chapter, and while it took me forever to really write (no, that's not why it's late, I wrote it like a month or two ago) I'm really proud of it in the end! A lot of good things happened in it, and I'm pretty happy it took so long if only because it gave me a lot of time to consider plenty of good ideas for this chapter and incorporate the best of them. So, there's that!

Oh, and if you missed the post about Kano's name last week, here's a link to it




Initially: I'd intended to write something else for this chapter, aka everyone combing through HB for Riku  but the chapter turned out to be like pulling teeth and since I was only half convinced I even needed it, I decided to scrap it and go a different route (you can see me complaining about the chapter on tumblr, not that I'd decided on a different route though).

So, that was uh,,, fun,,,,

I swapped over to Sora/his dad convo instead. Fun fact: it'd been planned for a while, and the initial draft fell before Kano'd been revealed and involved this rant about how he hated Maleficent that was supposed to make readers go "hmm.... is that.... Sora....??" but either I figured it was a dead giveaway or there wasn't room, either way, it got pushed until now.

I mean, Sora still yells about Maleficent now, but it's not the same sort of yelling, and it's not without the knowledge of Kano's existence.



This convo was also supposed to be longer and include talk about Xehanort / Keyblade but it escalated much quicker than I'd intended it to, and if I had squeezed in Xehanort / Keyblade talk it would've taken twice as long.

It's a shame I couldn't get some of this stuff in, but I'm hoping there will be room for it later!


Even after taking a different route this chapter was!!! I had a lot of trouble finding time/energy to write it (and actually write it when I sat down to, lmao) but it was right around E3 so that really messed it up!!

It was hard to write, but not because it felt like pulling teeth or just wasn’t flowing or anything, it was really only because I was always too exhausted to get it out

The whole time though I was just going “man this is so good this is SO GOOD” to myself because, really, it is!!! I thought about Sora hearing Xehanort on the beach and freaking out about him and that was!!! So good!!!!!
It’s so good!!!!!

Like a part of me is glad this took like over a week to write because while being time efficient is great, I also got to consider a lot of really great ideas for this chapter and incorporate the best of them
Sure, I didn’t get the full convo I wanted to
But I still got a lot of really good stuff, and this probably flows a lot better!!!

PLUS IT’S HONESTLY JUST REALLY GOOD FOR THE XHEANORT BIT AT THE END, LIKE EVEN IF SOME OF THE STUFF SORA SAID ABOUT MALEFICENT AND HIS DAD NOT BELIEVING HIM WASN’T GOOD ENOUGH, THE THOUGHT OF HIM ABOUT XEHANORT DEFINITELY WAS!!!

Also I wrote some of this during father’s day llllmmaooooo


Still laughing at myself for going thru all the trouble to name Sora/Kairi’s parents and then never actually using their names in-story…. HMPH

I mean I use them in dialogue (occasionally) but I don’t refer to them by their name in story I don’t say “Ren said this” I say “Kairi’s dad said this” and I mean!!! it’s because I largely write them from Sora/Kairi’s POV and it’s strange for them to refer to their parents by their first name


Like, Namine might be on first name basis w/ Kairi’s dad, but??? I haven’t used that in story tho thy’ve also only interacted twiiiiceee soooooo yeah

No comments: