Wednesday, July 8, 2015

ATR ch38 - Part 3 Begins!!

Some update stuff!!

I wrote a Namine/Kairi fic for Kairi Week! Read it here, or, check out it's blog post!

I started another blog!? In the future I'm hoping this one can earn me some money, I just need somewhere to put the money first!! Check it out here, plus one of it's glorious two posts (translation musings, splatfest).

Blog wise: I mentioned this in the last chapter commentary, but if you missed my breakdown of the Namiku Battle AMV I made, please check it out!! I spent a lot of time on the video, and on it!


Splatoon had a Splatfest recently, which was a really cool event!!! I already linked to that blog post I made on it, but you should also check out this post I made, and the collection of tweets I made during it.

Here's the stellar plaza music that played during the event!!




I've already talked about why there's a sudden break to a new part, but here are some more notes on it!

I was going to save Part 3 for endgame, initially, but as I've said, I started looking at how many things were between me and endgame and felt really unbalanced and uncomfortable with a 20/40/20 chapter thing that was probably going to end up happening---Also Shad's reveal was a Big Plot Point so breaking after it felt really natural and good.

I could've waited a little to make it better balanced chapter number wise (Part 2 is actually only, uh, 15 chapters, I think?) and because Riku-feeling-gross-about-Rebellion files as "Ramfications", technically, BUT it seemed silly when we'd had the whole climax and resolution for Shad's reveal out of the way.

Also fun fact: both parts 1 and 2 are 50k words on their own!! I'm feeling pretty accomplished!!!

Another fun fact: I'd jotted down both Ramifications and Respect as titles for Part 2, (since it was gonna cover things relevant to both those things) but couldn't decide which one for a while!! I ended up liking Ramifications better, just because it's cool word, and now that I've added another part in here, it REALLY works because all of Part 2 is kinda just Namiku making up and Shad's reveal, both of which could be filed as "Ramifications", while I have some stuff in mind for Part 3 that will go well under "Respect!" (though Shad's reveal and Namiku making up could also be filed under that---AND ANYWAY I'VE BEEN BLABBING FOR A WHILE ABOUT THIS..... LET'S MOVE ON

Chapter Time!!

Read here

tumblr tag

Bonus! an ASAS scene ft Braig and Xehanort





Apparently the Xehanort scene was going to go in the previous chapter, but trust me, it's much better here.


I made a promise to myself a while back that I'd take Xehanort "more seriously" but to be honest by taking him less seriously I'm taking him more seriously.

((I just mean that the moment I stopped trying to constantly channel Dark Creepy Evil for him and started letting him joke around with Braig it became a lot easier to write for him. Also I just really easily slipped into Braig's head somehow, even though this is only the second time I've written fro him???))

Also if you don’t think Xehanort would laugh at his own jokes you can fight me he’s a huge ham and while he’s not one for like puns or anything I’m pretty sure he’s not completely humorless


I’M!!!! I don’t want to make Braig too ~sympathetic~, that's not my goal here. I’m just writing for him and tbh for the most part I’m really enjoying the “I’m with this plan, but, man, I’m not so sure this is fair for me” sort of attitude he's been putting off lately, or at least, come ATR

He doesn’t like!! hate Xehanort, though, he’s just, he knows when he’s got the short end of the stick



The Riku scene gave me a little trouble, but after a rewrite or two I ended up with this and I think it's pretty good. Short, but good.


AND I'M REALLY SORRY THIS CHAPTER'S SO SHORT OVERALL!!! I would've added another scene to it, but the only one I could think of that wouldn't mess up my pacing would've really detracted from Riku's spotlight here?? So, I went with nothing, and this chapter's just short. Too bad.



ABOUT THAT BONUS SCENE

I wrote this thing a while ago as practice to get better at Xehanort's voice and stuff and also this scene was really firmly in my head, and ngl, I really really like this scene

But I didn't really feel comfortable actually putting it in ATR (partially bc it's so far out of chronological order?? but also I never had them talk about vessels) soooooo yeah

It's a good scene though and so I'm posting it to ASAS because that's what ASAS is for

and obviously as I said in the AN: because I wasn't putting this scene in ATR, I had to put some of the things they discussed (near word-for-word in some cases) into this chapter, ATR38, to make sure it got brought up.



No comments: