Wednesday, July 15, 2015

ATR ch39 - A name for Shad!? and, other things

Okay!!!

I've mentioned in ch38 and in this chapter, but the Ftpverse 5th anniversary is coming up on August 9th! I wanna do a Q&A video of sorts, and while I'll do a video regardless of having questions, I'd still like to have questions!!

Here's more details about it all here!!


Other news? Kairi week was a hit!!! I wrote two scenes for it

Namine and Kairi talking about Castle Oblivion and other things!! You'll like it.

Kairi vs Larxene! This was spur of the moment, but I think it's good, and I think you'll also like it.



Less exciting: President of Nintendo, Mr. Iwata, passed away a couple days ago....... I didn't know him personally, obviously, but it's still a great loss. I don't have anything ~deep and meaningful~ to say outside the obligatory: Nintendo means a lot to me, I don't know how the company will be the same without him...

And I'll direct you to the tag I have for him on my tumblr which is largely artwork and posts in memory of his wonderful life.... Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata. You meant a lot to us.



CHAPTER TIME!!

Read here

tumblr tag


We're gonna start with some talk about Shad's new name, actually, above the cut....

So, I decided to go with the name Kano, because, it seemed silly to name him "Jake" or something when everyone else has a Japanese name. Yes, Kano is the name of one of my characters from my 2014 NaNo project. Yes, the name is stolen from a certain fictional character.

It just really sounded like him, though, and I liked it much better than all the other names I kept jotting down.

Will I still call him Shad? Yes, a lot, trust me my brainstorms and notes and such are all littered with Shad even though it's been ages since I decided on the name Kano, and about a month since I started actively using it.

I'll probably get better as time goes on, but, just expect me to use them both interchangeably.


Anyway, the rest of the notes:



I always mess up and think DI is behind HB but it’s ahead of HB so I was considering having Namine go to Sora and Sora like “what the hell it’s 4am why are you doing this” except it’s the other way around it’d be like 9am and there would be no issue except him sleeping in


Fun Name Facts:

Kanuha is Hawaiian and it means “one who sulks”

Other good ones I considered:

Jiro (second son, I almmoooooost went w/ this)
Aouli (it means “blue sky”, Kairi would suggest it jokingly since Sora's name means sky)
            Keaka (person of shadows)
            Lono (new information)

I went w/ Hawaiian and/or Japanese names bc I mean all KH names are Japanese but failing that, Hawaiian is close?? Plus if I were to ever conlang DI language, it’d be based loosely on Hawaiian


Not only is the Wheel of Time a good source for darkness inspiration plus there’s the warder / aes sedai bond which I REALLY enjoy, but also:

Lews Therrin B)))

Which is helpful for some of this SoShad-happening-entirely-internally convo stuff

(sweats or I mean SoKano??? Nah jk that doesn’t have a ring to it, I’ve tried, this boy just has two names and that’s how it’s going to be)

I couldn’t find a place to put it in but I guess it’s important

“maybe he just wants some time to himself,” namine says, “he’s allowed to have that, isn’t he?” and while sora wouldn’t know, she’s saying this because if she was allowed to spend two weeks with kairi, then he’s certainly allowed to have a couple hours to himself, if not more than that ((though vanishing without telling anyone where he was going and just plain having zero idea where he is will cause worry, just, he hasn’t been gone long enough for namine to be worried))



The gag with Sora and Kano about a date would’ve probably worked better from not-Sora’s POV, but I had to be in Sora’s, and I just couldn’t get over the idea of “you should try a date!” beat “what? no, I didn’t mean you—oh, not you namine. kano.” another beat “it wouldn’t even work when we’re…” realizes himself, shuts up

No comments: