Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nothing's Fair chapters 24-26 (Endgame part 1)

First off: I am sorry this is three (four?) days late as opposed to just two. It was my birthday. I got a Wii U. I'm attempting to finish Majora's Mask before I get too far into Hyrule Warriors, but, mainly, just that it was my birthday and also we went to ren fair and I had a friend over for like half the week, etc, etc.

ON ME HAVING A WII U: We got money from a tax refund and my mom was like "well I have enough money now and it's your birthday so uh yeah" and it showed up two days after we ordered it and Hyrule Warriors showed up exactly on my birthday (a few days before we expected it) which was pretty neat!!

So far I only have Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World, and Hyrule Warriors for the Wii U, and I've played around with all of them, and they're all a lot of fun!!! I'm only a few scenarios into Hyrule Warriors but I'm loving it so far (also I got the Majora's Mask DLC and running around yelling "I'M NINE" as I slay monsters as young Link is SUPER fun).

As for Majora's Mask, as I've already said, I really really love it. It's probably ranking at second favorite Zelda game after Twilight Princess, though it's just a really good game in general, and I understand now what all the hype was about.


Please listen to this Majora's Mask fanmix!!! It's on grooveshark, unfortunately, but all you have to do is hit the play all button, easy peasey, and it's REALLY GOOD and what actually got me to sit down and start the game up again, so, uh, please listen to it. ((Also make sure to listen to the song "24" by Jem bc it was deleted from the mix by grooveshark))


FtPverse update stuff

Nothing's Fair is on it's last few chapters, and I should have those up by the end of this week.

I may need a week or two hiatus before I can start updating All that Remains again, because I spent most of my time writing fics about Kairi and Aqua instead of working up its buffer. Oh well.

(Besides, it's probably best if I give a week or so for everyone to digest Nothing's Fair, at any rate.)


Nothings Fair chapters

Chapter 24

Chapter 25

Chapter 26

No tag link because each chapter only had one post and I'm sure I can't link to the NFRW tag without linking to spoilers, so


Chapter Commentary (not under a cut because I only have a few notes for each

I was on a kick of "constantly listening to sad music" while writing these chapters, and the mix I played on near repeat was this Birth by Sleep mix (which is less Birth by Sleep and more "general sad songs that vaguely fit it" but it's still a good mix)

Chapter 24

This chapter actually made me cry a little. So.


Chapter 25


Axel called (thought about calling) it a beach date and then I got sad about RokuKai’s beach date in Dead Inside

OHHH MMYYYY GOOOSHHH I made a note to myself about “this is sorta like that scene in days where he stops her from going into CO” but I meant that only in terms of conversation and REALLY just in him trying to stop her
But i??? I didn’t realize how much I was channeling the body language in that until about now. It’s not perfect but it’s still…. pretty…… similar……..

I don't remember if this chapter made me cry like the last one did, but I do distinctly remember feeling like I had been punched in the gut after writing it because Axel was upset and I was upset


Chapter 26

I actually considered not putting in the beach scene because I didn't see the point in the plot to include it, but then I realized it helped my pacing, so that we weren't rushing straight to the ending, so we had a breather

Also so the ending wouldn't come off so strongly as Things which I actually can't talk about because I guess it's spoilers, so, that'll be for the next and Final post

No comments: