Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All That Remains ch20 commentary

I keep meaning (and forgetting) to do a post on it, but here's another obnoxious reminder for #kairineedslove2k15 in the mean time. My posts on the matter are here, or you can support the kairineedslove2k15 blog. Ay.

Chapter Wise

Read ATRch20 here

ATRch20 tag

Magik's side is in Remnants ch78, written from Xion's POV, and not only touches on things that Riku tuned out (again), but also has something relevant to Vexen. (Along with epic stuff goin on with Terra.)




This is in no way related to the chapter, or to FtPverse at all, but have a RokuShi mix I'm super proud of!




For a second there I thought being in Namine’s POV was a good idea
For a second I thought not touching on Riku’s feelings about Larxene’s death was a good idea
Ha.

Me ‘n magik were on the fence about who’d kill Larxene, but she figured it should either be my Riku, her Namine, or Vexen—I said I didn’t care as long as it wasn’t Riku (it felt too much like rewarding him for what he’d tried to do), and circumstances ended up making it Vexen

Which is a-okay


Idk if you were wondering, or if any of you who want to know haven’t read magik’s side yet
But if you’re wondering why her Namine didn’t just shatter Larxene from the get go, it was explained in Remnants ch68, which I think I pointed out to everyone already, but, here it is again.

Basically, though, if you're too lazy to read it, she would’ve had to reach into Larxene’s memories to do that, and…. well, you can see why she didn’t want to.


This is important:

“it needed to be done” she says and she takes a deep breath steels herself it’s not like she wanted to see Larxene die but
It needed to be done

Magik actually brought that up in her bit of this
       Aerith Cured him anyway, and leaned in to whisper in his ear: “It needed to be done.”        Xion probably wasn’t supposed to hear that, but whatever.  Super hearing had benefits, even if it was just for knowledge sake.         Xion knew Aerith to be someone not quite for needless killing, but Larxene did need to be killed.  For so many reasons. 

It didn’t make it in mine—Aerith’s apprehension to killing and killing Larxene, because Riku notices her unease, but doesn’t understand why. Larxene being dead is a wonderful thing, and Riku’s never had an apprehension towards killing.

Aerith, however….

She knew it needed to be done, and she tells Vexen to ease him just as much to ease herself
She doesn’t like killing
And clearly Vexen’s a little discomforted by it
But it needed to be done

As much as she doesn’t wish it needed to be, it needed to be done


I AM ACTUALLY REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THE AXEL/ROXAS/XION INTERACTION THERE them being like “but Axel aren’t you going to take credit for everything like you always do


Initially I didn’t explain the pounding Vexen was just “7 told me—” and then Riku tunes him out
BUT THEN I REMEMBERED that this is a slightly more obscure thing and if I’m recapping all sorts of things concerning Shad plus Riku/Larxene dynamic I should probably recap this too. So I did.


Slowly…. Slowly I am adjusting to Riku being taller than Aerith….. slowly….

Also there was a thought of Aerith being like “so this is where you stayed??” “ye” “isn’t this where??” “ye” “and she??” “ye” “whyy” “because I owed it to them” not that it made it in


THERE WAS THIS BIT ABOUT AERITH LOOKING AT RIKU’S WOUNDS
AND
Oh and Aerith getting to Riku’s wounds “can you drop dark mode??” “UH M NO ACTUALLY” “well great I mean I can toss up a generic cure but that’ll only do so much especially with all this darkness”
Vexen notes the quiver in her voice, and how she appears to be trembling

or it coulda gone like: 
“can you drop dark mode?”
“uhm??? I don’t remember how”
Did he just…? He… he was supposed to release something. Release hold of a power or… or… if he banished it, like his blade? No. no that didn’t work

THIS DIDN’T HAPPEN BECAUSE
TEHNICALLY,
SHE’D ALREADY CURED HIM!!! SO!!! YANOO!

But I think this was an interesting though and stuuufffff

No comments: