Tuesday, January 27, 2015

All that Remains ch21 and a "hiatus"

I suppose I should start with business.

This is the last chapter of All that Remains I currently have written, because I stopped here to rewrite Nothing's Fair. As such, All that Remains will be on a hiatus for about a month while I upload the Nothing's Fair Rewrite.

Good news? The Nothing's Fair Rewrite is literally two chapters from being finished, so I have basically all of it ready to upload. I'll be uploading a chapter a day, which will take a month, seeing as there are thirty chapters. I'd considered uploading the Nothing's Fair Rewrite all in one go, but I decided against it. I do need time to work up a buffer for All that Remains, after all.

Aren't interested in the Nothing's Fair Rewrite? Well, I can't say I'm sorry, but I will "say tough it out for a month". I would've probably needed a month to work up a comfortable buffer for All that Remains, anyway.

So, this is less of a hiatus in the fact I won't be active, because I still will be posting Nothing's Fair, but it is a hiatus for All that Remains.

I will most likely begin uploading the Nothing's Fair Rewrite on February 1st. I suppose that means it will take me a little more than a month to upload Nothing's Fair, since February is a short month, but, oh well.

Keep an eye out on the Character Resource blog, by the way! I'm hoping to do a Nothing's Fair special on it, and even if I don't get that, I will at least try and upload character pages for Axel and... some of the Vexen Replicas I have pages planned for.


I'm sure you've all heard Imagine Dragon's "I Bet My Life", seeing as it's apparently popular. (I don't listen to the radio, seeing as I never really drive anywhere and that'd be the only time I would listen to it, so I wouldn't know.)

I was looking to reblog the song on tumblr because it was giving me a lot of Riku feels (KH canon/Real Thing feels) and stumbled on a Bastille remix of the song, which is 100% legit and all that other jazz. Truth be told, I saw it, and I screamed aloud, because Bastille is my favorite band and their remixes are really good.

Like, if you've listened to any of the "Other People's Heartache" albums you would know. They're good. 

And this remix is also really really good. The original song is great, too! Of course! But I probably like this Bastille Remix better and that's just how it is.


Review Replies! Wait, what?

I know, I haven't done these in ages, and, we are still operating on a Dead Inside Endgame policy for reviews, aka "I won't reply to them unless they really stick out to me because I either don't have anything to say or spoilers." I will probably operate like this for the rest of All that Remains, (though I may reply to some reviews privately).

On Ch20 from Luna Lillith Annie
Sigh, it's one thing after another for them. Great interpretation of mental conflicts though. :)
Hey, thanks a lot, I'm glad to hear that!


Ch20 from Peach aka Timpani Bleck
Is Riku finally starting to see Vexen as a dad? Because if that is the case then yes because I love that dynamic so much of Repliku being Vexen's child and it's happening here. :D
I wouldn't quite say Riku's gonna start seeing Vexen as a "father", but he's certainly going to start being a little kinder to the man, that's for sure.


Chapter Time!

Read ATRch21

ATRch21 tag with it's glorious one post


There's actually very little to say about the chapter, so I'm not going to bother with a cut. This chapter wasn't initially in the outline for "Part 1", but I figured it should go here rather than later, for a few reasons.

1) I wanted the Roxas scene somewhere in part 1, to establish what he's been up to, but had not had a good place to put it. I kept considering interspacing it with any bit of the Revenge/Larxene sequence, but no where seemed to be the right spot.

2) While the Namiku argument was planned to go at the start of Part 2, as a kinda "drop you in hot water hey yeah this is where we left off, remember?" but I then decided it was better here, if only for timing.

3) Chapter 20 was set up to be something of an ending, so that you wouldn't be too agitated to know what was going to happen next while I posted Nothing's Fair, but it didn't feel complete enough. Carrying Namine's unease into this chapter, and having the Namiku argument here, made it feel quite a bit better.

Of course, Chapter 21 probably comes off as more of a cliffhanger, but it's a sort of resolved cliffhanger. And, like I said, I wanted the Roxas scene in part 1, and the Namiku argument works better here because timing. So. Yay.




No comments: