Wednesday, November 5, 2014

ATRch4 commentary

Well

The other day I uploaded a scene covering Ven and Shad's meeting in Sora's heart--back during Falling to Pieces. There's also a chapter commentary on that.

Also, "All that Remains battle/party mechanics if it were a video game" was a post I did a while ago and I think it's really cool.

"Hey, why are updates so slow?" Because I severely miscalculated when I should start uploading chapters compared to magik's fic/got impatient. Oh well. A chapter a week isn't that bad, is it? At least it's consistent.

I don't want to be my dad and be like "you're spoiled with consistent updates anyway" but.... you guys kinda are. All of you readers know what it's like to read fics that update every other day only to stop and upload once a month..... or never for three months......... or never update........

So, I mean, that in mind, I doubt anyone's complaining at sorta-but-not-really slow updates. I just like keeping people informed.

Oh and magik, if you're reading this, don't feel rushed to post things. I can slow down even further if I need to. I really can.

Other reasons this chapter was delayed:

I saw the Book of Life and it was REALLY good even if the plot was a little too busy and the romance side of the plot was probably unnecessary I didn't expect to ship La Muerte and Xibalba so bad but..... the really are cute old coots who can't resist a bet for the life of them

Also I've been doing Nano and the past few days have been like "crud I didn't upload a chapter but it's 8pm and I need to writttteeeeee"




Have a Riku fanmix I'm really proud of. I feel like every song here is just...... really Riku. 

Like, the Troubles by U2 is the one I think fits him a lot -- but with lyrics like "someone stepped inside your soul // somebody else was in control" can you blame me?

Also someone else mentioned Brave by Leona Lewis for him and..... wow okay it's just so him it's so him.

((And just so we're clear because I can say "Riku" on this blog and mean a few different people -- I actually mean canon Riku aka Real Thing this time around ))


Chapter Time!

read

atrch4 tag




Has Riku been tall since ch174? Yes. Why wasn’t it bothering him then? I don’t know. Maybe it was. I didn’t have time to bring up Riku’s height in Dead Inside even though I realized not long into it that he was at least Days height—I just kept constantly forgetting he was any taller than CoM height very very very often

I left a note to myself about posting some of the brainstorms with this blog post but there's really only this one that was interesting:
(Sora knocks on the door)
Tifa: oh good we wanted to talk to you
Cloud: and Kairi (he adds, sending Tifa a look) but she’s talking to Namine
(Tifa sighs)
(Sora frowns)
Sora: talk to me about what??
Tifa: no good if Kairi’s not here
Cloud: What do you want, Sora?

Tifa doesn’t think she needs to go but Cloud knows if he brings up Sephiroth she’s gonna start yelling

I'm ending up using Shadow Tongue which I Do Not regret. Incorprating other languages was on my "list of things I was too chicken to do in Dead Inside" - - though Shadow Tongue is probably the only language I'll end up using. Maybe?

The only other language things I could touch is incorporating Destiny Islands native tongue buuuut that is. eh.

Anyway

have my ideas for deities/religions which I am also not going to include but seem a shame not to share


Cloud/Tifa/Zack swear by Gaia 
and I guess the religion is monotheistic or whatever
Gaia was my choice between that being the name of the planet in ff7 (at least I think) plus in greek mythology Gaia is “the personification of the earth, and mother of all” and that’s really true to ff7’s lore, ya feel?

Sora/Kairi swear by Thalassa, which largely comes from KH's own thalassa shells, but on top of that thalassa is Greek for "sea" and that seems like a fitting name for a goddess
Whatever Destiny Islands religion is is likely polytheistic, though most islanders habitually swear by Thalassa because she rules the sea and the sea is their lives in a lot of ways so Thalassa means more to them than any of the other gods

No comments: