Sunday, August 24, 2014

5 reasons you should watch RWBY (+ ch241 but not really)


I actually don't have anything to say about this chapter everything already went in the ch241 tag on tumblr

so like

read link

ch241 tag


NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT RWBY

I was late on the RWBY bandwagon, but if you haven't watched it yet, let me try convincing you

RWBY is a youtube series by Roosterteeth, and here's five reasons why you should consider watching it:

1-- the Yellow Trailer



I love Yang. I loooove Yang.
This trailer is probably my favorite, though Red and White are hauntingly beautiful. Tbh I'd suggest watching Vol 1 and then watching the Trailers??? Idk I just didn't watch the trailers until I'd watched into Vol 2 and when I went back to watch them they hit me harder because I now had connections to the characters and it was?? more emotional

2-- the soundtrack is pretty awesome. Red Like Roses part 2 is probably my favorites song (even though it's really angry and upsets me greatly because Feelings), though Gold reminds me a lot of KH
Also all the theme songs (Red like Roses, Mirror Mirror, From Shadows, and I Burn) are really fitting for their respective characters it's gr9

You can listen to the soundtrack either here on youtube, or here on 8tracks, whichever (youtube has the episode scores, too, and the 8tracks version includes the Vol 2 opening song)

3-- who doesn't want to watch cute girls beat things up? The cast is largely female characters (into Vol 2 it evens out to a little more 50/50 but it still might be 60/40 and Vol 1 felt very 80/20 when it came to Female vs Male characters)
And like at least the main four characters (team RWBY) are really three dimensional and it's great. It's great.

(Ruby facing a giant robot just because I felt like giving you a pic of that)

4-- THE FIGHT SCENES ARE WONDERFUL WOW Monty Oum is also famous for things like Dead Fantasy and if you've watched that you'll know how great he is at animating fight scenes and like
I've gone back and watched the Yellow trailer so many times just for the fight scene, forget Yang being awesome--the bit where it's Yang vs the girl in white? Ahhhhh it's wonderful how they fight in like a dance against each other it's beautiful. Beautiful.

Also the food fight from Vol 2 is really great too ohhhh my goshhhhh
(Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be... deliicouuusss!!!!!)

5-- Penny. Penny gets her own frikken bullet point y'know why?


This is Penny. Recognize this attack? What's that? Oh yeah. Wingblade. buuUUUUT to make Penny even more awesome, guess what she is? Guess guess guess guess. 

She's a robot. A "synthetic person" as she puts it--and the best part? The moment she reveals to Ruby that she's "not real", Ruby looks at her and is just like "y'think because you've got nuts 'n bolts in you instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?? that's not true"

Sigh I love

(Don't worry about me spoiling the Penny thing for you--trust me, her being a robot was obvious the moment she walked on screen)

RWBY really is a good show--you can watch it all right here!! 
and if you're curious about my further opinions on it, I do have a tag for when I watch RWBY, along with a general "posts I make about RWBY" tag

No comments: