Thursday, August 28, 2014

Chapter 242 commentary

So it turns out that Big Thing I had planned for the celebration of finishing Dead Inside? The one I wasn't sure about doing because it was Really Big and needed a lot of work?

I'm doing it.

I'm not quite finished but I'm very very close to being finished. Honestly, though, I probably won't say what it is until Dead Inside is finished. Big reveal or something?? Idk.



Have a Fire Emblem Awakening mix!! I really loved Lucina?? A lot. And this mix is very fitting for her, I think. It's one of my fave mixes recently, regardless.

Though if you want a legit music suggestion for this chapter, I have to suggest CHVRCHES every time, hands down.

So... Chapter time!


read ch242

ch242 tag


So I wrote this (well the beginning of it) in a notebook 
on like physical paper because our power was in danger of going out and since I was at the beginning of the chapter and didn’t need any actual refs I figured I might as well

The note in my margin was:
“37 wanted to come in ‘n save Namine but. No. no 37 can’t do that. Idc if he wants revenge. Too far. Too much. Damn happy ending”

Which is probably obvious but the last three sentences made me laugh. it was fairly coherent until that point I mean I understand it but. It still made me laugh
(it’s referencing things I’ve mentioned off and on about me not quit until I'd finished because “Riku wants his damn happy ending” and)


Also I was thinking about how 37 (and L) had been in an ability proof room and of course you can corridor INTO them just not out of them and then Xigbar (‘s clone??) saved them and. stuff. That’s how the thought crossed my mind of 37 saving Namine


I know reinforced glass is a thing but. Eh.

I could feel the Larxene seeping into Namine’s voice as I was writing it was disgusting

She like legitimately doesn’t even sound like Namine it sounded like I was writing for Larxene and. I wanted to strangle her. So bad.

“Kindness usually meant you wanted something” hello Larxene logic



“but only because she was so exhausted” mother 3 fans weep in the distance


This was a thing I had to cut unfortunately :((
AND THEN!! KAIRI!!! DOESN’T EVEN SAY IT’S ALRIGHT SHE JUST HUGS NAMINE
“It’s good to have you back”
And then
And then my brainstorm ended on that
break
break
“scene”
And the finality of it ohhhh my gosh I’m. I need to lie down.

IIII LOVED THE FINALITY OF THE “IT’S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK” BUT THEN THIS WAS A GOOD 500 WORDS SHORT (IF NOT 700) AND MAGIK WAS LIKE. I WANNA BE SURE IT’S NAMINE. I WANNA BE SURE.

So.


THE POUNDING IS SO MESSED UP IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT THIS IS JUST SO MESSED UP IT’S MESSED UP

THEY DIDN’T WANT THEM TO RETURN TO NORMAL TO BREAK OUT OF THE PROGRAMMING SO ONE OF THE FAILSAFES THEY INSTALL IS ONE THAT INDUCES PAIN THAT BLURS ALL COMPREHENSION UNTIL YOU GIVE INTO THE DESIRE THEY’VE PROGRAMMED INTO YOU WHICH YOU DN’T WANT TO FEEL BUT UNTIL YOU DO YOU CAN’T THINK STRAIGHT OTHERWISE HOW MESSED UP IS THAT

Like I’d imagined Roxas’s brain had just blurred from trying to process memories he shouldn’t have and still struggling to work against the killing-riku failsafe but y’know imagine one of the reasons he stops in the Demyx battle is because it starts pounding

Thankfully Kairi saying “you don’t want to kill riku” gets him to think “yes I do” and comprehension comes back to him

I honestly imagine that if you let it go on long enough (five or so minutes) it would consume you entirely and you’d just reflex do whatever it is you’re supposed to do—in this case kill Riku
If you didn’t ward it off soon enough it would blur your thoughts so you wouldn’t resist the protocols telling you to chop Riku’s head off
Which may be its main intention it just has a loophole where thinking about killing/hurting him is enough

(though honestly it works for Namine because she very aggressively DOESN’T want to think that so the pounding just gets worse—Roxas is another issue because he’s an ass and has no qualms about punching Riku in the jaw. Namine can’t stand the thought of having to hurt Riku just to get herself to stop wanting to kill him it scares her. it doesn't faze Roxas as much.)

No comments: