Friday, July 4, 2014

Please take 10 minutes out of your day to watch this video (ch229)

This is like..... some indie game or something that?? I can't even explain it but.
I think the girl playing the game does
90% positive

Please watch it you will not regret it




aaaaaaaaaaanyway

If you're looking for the music to (not) listen to while reading this chapter, the mix is here--though I will embed it under the cut







Then there's this picture. which hurts.

softerworld:

A Softer World: 1087
(wicked dastardly)
buy this print

Chapter time

read link

tumblr tag

I apparently

don't even

have a lot of notes for this chapter specifically but that's no surprise tbh?? It's hard to talk about half a battle when you can't talk about everything that happens I guess

This one especially though

Like even the music suggestions don't hit as hard until the next chapter-- like "King for a Day" especially it fits?? here?? kinda but it makes more sense/hurts more once you have context from the next chapter

sighs deeply

THIS AIN’T COMMIN UP IN STORY BUT I think it’s important to note that the first Sora question asks is “why?” and not “I thought you couldn’t die”
His first thought isn’t “I can’t do this” it’s “I don’t want to do this” and “I want to know why I have to do this”
His first thought!! is concern!!! About his Shadow!!! not his own well being not how impossible this situation is
Sndfl

Sora’d do this for anybody tho he’s treating Shad no different than he’d treat any other enemy—the only people he’d treat differently would be his friends and to them he’d grab them by the shoulders and frustratedly yell “DYING!!! ISN’T!!! AN OPTION!!!”


This didn’t make it in which is a shame because it’s sooooooo good
            “I thought you wanted to kill me”
“well I guess if I have to but when you preface it with a ‘I don’t want to live anymore’ it makes me suspicious?”
“wait you don’t want to kill me?”
“well I mean?? I would?? Out of self preservation or necessity or whatever bc I thought I had to eventually since we’re in a big battle against each other or whatever but if I don’t have to kill you… then… by all means”

HANG ON WAIT I THINK IT MADE IT IN just not as a conversation we got this paragraph from Sora
Sora really couldn’t look down at his Shadow now. He looked off to the side. Took deep breaths. He wanted to cry, too. He didn’t want to kill his Shadow.
Maybe he would’ve wanted to, a month ago, before Maleficent. And maybe he would’ve—out of self-preservation, of course, or because he had to. But when he was being asked to? When his Shadow was begging for it? He wouldn’t. He couldn’t.

yeah

I'm upset omg just thinking about this chapter and I have the mix going and. Sighs deeply. This chapter is painful. This whole sequence is painful. the SoShad battle. endgame as a whole. ahlgsldkfj

Mm this got cut too:
Shad: can’t villains have a change of heart?
Sora: normally that change of heart doesn’t end in this
Shad: yeah? Well this isn’t a fairytale, Sora, this is real fucking life and I want no more of it


so I listened to Pierce the Veil non stop while writing these chapters and like. I'd suggest that while you're reading it but I already gave you a mix so. Uh.

here's my playlist for them on grooveshark anyway. I like 'em a lot. You don't have to. but I really really do

Oh and there's also Sleeping With Sirens. they're a pretty good band too (the lead singer has a really powerful voice and yes. it's a guy.) 
their latest album "Feel" is a little less scream-y than the rest if you're opposed to screaming jsyk

No comments: