Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chapter 228 commentary

TO AVOID SPOILING NEW READERS OR READERS WHO ARE CATCHING UP, FROM HERE ON UNTIL DEAD INSIDE ENDS, I WILL BE PUTTING CHAPTER COMMENTARY ITSELF UNDER A CUT
because I mean this is all Really Big stuff that NO ONE wants spoiled right?

DEPENDING ON WHAT PLAYLISTS/VIDEOS/ETC I POST WITH A COMMENTARY, THOSE MAY GO UNDER A CUT TOO

THIS IS THE EASIEST AND MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO AVOID SPOILING ANYONE and it's actually not horribly inconvenient so that's good news

anyway





tracklist here

I suppose the Truth Hurts mix is fitting here in terms of content and flow?? perhaps??
I also have a Dead Inside part 1 mix up but haha I have other mixes to post that are ACTUALLY relevant to the events of endgame for at least the next five chapters after this one

So kinda don't expect an announcement for it

Chapter time




read link

tumblr tag

It took me ages to actually START this chapter—procrastination largely for the sake of procrastination but also this chapter is painful everyone was scared to start

L died really quickly but I really don’t care about that

Besides I remember someone mentioned battle is an ebb-and-flow mix of skill and luck and tbh if 37 hadn’t been there like the past three times Riku would’ve killed her and only didn’t because 37 and his big ol’ shield showed up and blocked Riku
So I mean it’s not even surprising she died so quickly

ADMITTEDLY I LOST A LOT OF GOOD 37 STUFF tbh I could probably upload the original scene now with L’s death and Namine’s protest against being rewritten which was initially all one thing before. y’know. I changed things

ANYWAY I lost 37 cussing Riku out for like five minutes which was a thing and was kinda funny and I ALSO lost 37 being upset for the next idk how long because L was dead and he wasn’t doing his work and Saix was like “WHAT THE HELL SHE WASN’T IMPORTANT” to which 37 shoved an icicle through him
And that was funny because he’d been aiming for Saix’s gut but he was so upset he missed and it went through Saix’s knee…. Haha……………

But yeah I obviously lost that too
(considering Saix died before L did and other obvious reasons)


I wanted to break after revealing it was Namine but then it occurred to me that everyone would be like “WHOA WHAT THE FRIK WHAT THE FRIK IT’S NAMINE???” and no one would pay any attention to Kairi and the wolf so I cared the scene out a little more

Riku always puts it as him being too late he doesn’t actually often mention that him being too late means they rewrote namines
I’M SNORTING I WROTE NAMINES and not namine

I’ve created a monster tho you should hear her laugh in my head she’s……… okay I can’t give you a good example with a voice but like. mimi. From super paper Mario. That’s what’s going on

I mean they mashed her data with Larxene’s it was literally

            L: got any ideas?
            37: none
            L: ……mash her data with Larxene data?
            37: that’d work

Yeah and
Yeah she’s awful she’s a monster I’ve created a monster because she’s the face that Riku loves but the voice he is horrified of and the fact she can control lightning and KNOWS it incapacitates him is
She litearlly knows all his weaknesses
It’s
It’s horrible this is horrible

I’m so sorry

I wanted to put a note in about Riku’s hair being in the way of his neck but it ruined the flow so bad
I don’t have notes for the Kairi and the wolf scene but
*shrugs*

Literally my only note on tumblr was “pronouns???” because it’s habitual to call the wolf an it but since it’s his pov I should use he pronouns since he is a boy wolf??
TBH THO I ALMOST WISH I’D CONSIDERED IT LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE THE WOLF A GIRL because a girl wolf sassing Shad is a great idea

but I did not and it’s too late now

No comments: