Friday, July 18, 2014

I said I had a Namiku AMV (ch232)





I wanna talk about the AMV for like. four seconds. And that's just real quick pointing out the bit at 0:14 which is like my fave part--though all of this is good






Namine being rewritten and 37 and L being like "frik yeah" like the sadistic meanies they are

bye

Chapter Time





Unfortunately this bit about their nicknames didn’t make it in but it was funny

“Kai?” Riku asks
 “three months and you didn’t once hear Sora call me that???”
“uh….. no….?”
“wow”
“what did you call him ‘So’ or something?” Riku snarks, though he is TOTALLY not actually in the mood to do this
“HEY AT LEAST IT’S BETTER THAN REEKS”
“OH BE QUIET”
(exaggerated anime faces again)


Also apparently SoKai couldn’t say each other’s names for the life of them when they were kids (the r is hard in Japanese tho?? I think) so they called each other So and Kai when they were little


BUT THAT LINE KAIRI’S LINE/SPEECH AT THE END IT’S MY FAVORITE

SHE’S MY FRIEND TOO YOU CAN’T JUST ASK ME TO KILL HER ALL WILLY NILLY!!!!

Gh because it’s taking into account that other people are affected by Namine being rewritten it’s not just Riku. Kairi’s hurt too. So is Sora. Everyone who knows Namine is, and I wasn’t purposefully intending to focus on that

But here we are and here’s Kairi’s line


I ALSO WROTE THIS AFTER WATCHING LIKE,,,, it was sometime in season 2 of Soul Eater—when Soul and Maka were fighting Chrona under the school

I got inspired and pounded out a brainstorm and Riku’s dramatic speech “I know what they did to her now” along with Kairi’s “she’s my friend too” came from that

And I’m so happy because otherwise I had 0 idea what to do with this battle


Right so I didn’t intend to start the Xemnas battle in this chapter but here we are

I LOVE THIS OPENING (??) LINE SO MUCH THOUGH because Mickey calls him Terra and Xemnas
Literally
Takes a step back
Surprised
Because, like he said, that was the last name he expected to hear. He fully expected for Mickey to call him Xehanort. Fully expected it because

The thing here is
He remembers EVERYTHING. His possession of Terra’s body was 100% successful. There was no need to subdue Terra’s heart because it submitted to Xehanort without much of a fight (for very legitimate reasons I promise but those aren’t going to be touched until book 5)

Anyway so Xehanort remembers everything. He also had the ability to wield his Keyblade (as we saw in ASASch35 or 36—whichever Zack’s death was), and retained that ability until becoming Xemnas.
Obviously he can't still have it upon becoming Xemnas because. Y'know. Why would he need Roxas? 
But since there's a high chance Terra's heart isn't actually with Xemnas and was with Ansem instead, well, I guess his lack of a heart contributed to him not having the Keyblade
(which is what kinda happened in canon maybe? Even canon's not clear on this)


Also I’d like to think Mickey interacted quite a bit with people on Radiant Garden’s research team/castle staff (the first six members of the Org—probably minus Xehanort) because he visited Ansem the Wise a lot. He probably was fully aware of Xehanort joining the team, because when Xehanort’s got all his memories it’s hard to conceal his heart. However, he started wreaking havoc and threw Ansem into the Dark Realm before Mickey could confront him on anything

(that or Mickey was busy elsewhere during the yearish Xehanort actually spent with Ansem before getting rid of him and Mickey comes back to find Ansem gone and Xehanort destroying things and he’s not a happy camper)

REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH OR HOW LITTLE MICKEY SAW OF XEHANORT AFTER HE JOINED ANSEM’S RESEARCH TEAM Mickey did interact at least a little with Even and Ienzo and probably Aeleus and Dilan too. And Braig. Not that he ever liked Braig.

But he does genuinely know them. And, canonically, it makes sense for him to know them, too, unless he and Ansem weren’t as good friends as it was implied they are


I’m actually super happy about this Xemnas portrayal here because it sounds like Xehanort but it sounds like Xemnas and it’s so like him

I mentioned somewhere on tumblr that I finally figured out how to write Xemnas…. But… as a result…. remembered why I never liked him. (I actually hate him and finding his voice only proved that)


I CONSIDERED BRIEFLY AQUA SHOWING UP IN ENDGAME but I’d rewritten it enough and if Terra was with Ansem and not Xemnas there was literally nothing to gain from it

It would just be amusing

No comments: