Monday, July 21, 2014

Chapter 233 Commentary

Hey. Hey psst. Hey psst hey did you see what was over in the top right sidebar? did you see it?

That's right! 13 chapters from here to the end of Dead Inside. I haven't actually finished Dead Inside at the time of writing this, but I know Dead Inside's gonna be 246 chapters (excluding the ending author's note)

I managed to do it in under 250 chapters. It's a miracle.



This mix has absolutely nothing to do with the chapter but I am super super proud of this mix I made. It's canon Namine by the way and.... I love it....

I've been working on it off and on for like two months but I didn't want to post it now because I was just like "I have five mixes to post for Dead Inside's endgame I can't I can't"
but I ended up finishing CoM for magik (she had all but the final battle done on her memory card--we weren't even sure who's game it was)
and I had. a lot. of Namine feels. So I decided to post it.

The tracklist is here

This is the original image--Namine's face gets covered by the album title, unfortunately



And the image can be found here on deviantART


Chapter Time



read link

tumblr tag


I was SUPER upset I wanted to pull up the Xemnas battle in kh2 and play through it before writing this but my ps2 wouldn't read the disc

I mean I've got a new ps2 now and it'd probably read the disc--not that I'm too worried about it because once kh2.5 comes out I'll have basically no need for my ps2 anymore. So.

And it turned out not to be a horrible thing because it was at least this Xemnas battle and not a different one--I actually have a really really good memory of the Xemnas battle. The last one, where he gets the change of clothing and suddenly looks like a zebra

Idk if it's because I spent so many times playing it or what but I know how it pans out really well and basically have all of Xemnas's attacks memorized so
while I would've really LIKED to have played through it before hand, it's not a tragedy that I couldn't


What I think is cool is in the kh2 version of this battle Riku CANNOT die he literally CANNOT because he can’t be KO’d when it’s time for you to control him or when it’s time for the end bit he CANNOT DIE

Conversely, in here Mickey CANNOT die because he’s Mickey frikken Mouse I can’t kill him off. You can’t kill him off he’s not going to DIE

And it’s pretty cool that Sora’s got a partner who CANNOT die with him in both battles—who are also partners who are VERY RELIABLE for healing


Though admittedly Mickey’s 100000x times smarter than Riku (largely just from the fact that KH2 partner AI is really lame) and his cures probably do more but that is beside the point


It’s 100% legit to think to yourself in the second person don’t tell me you’ve never done it because I have
(saying “you better do blah” or “y’know we’re probably better off doing”)

I mentioned in the brainstorm that Mickey’s kind of doing all the work, and then reassured myself by saying “well Riku would’ve done more too had he not been controlled by a shitty AI”

Xemnas's retaliation attacks are actually really devastating.

Sora goes down in the middle of the battle there because of the flippy windmill thing that Xemnas does?? I'm sure we all know what I'm talking about it's the one where he like does like twenty somersaults in mid air and hits you with his blades until you're dead 
because unless you have a ton of HP, or Second Chance, you're dead after that attack

I sure hope you all know which attack I'm talking about.
(I'd assume it's obvious because with the amount of times I got killed by it I saw it's animation like fifty times. But I suppose if you haven't played the game in a while/don't have photographic memory/miraculously didn't die in the battle then no you wouldn't remember it)


I literally have made so many snide comments at Riku’s horrible role in this battle compared to Mickey’s just look at this
But then Mickey comes in and smacks Xemnas away and DOESN’T have the problem like Riku does where he gets slashed in the side because he’s Mickey Mouse he ain’t got time for that basic crap

Mickey kicking Xemnas in the chest is overboard? RIKU FRIKKEN GRABBED XEMNAS BY THE ARM AND SPUN HIM AROUND TWICE BEFORE TOSSING HIM OFF MARIO STYLE IN GAME

No comments: