Friday, May 23, 2014

Chapter 219 Commentary

Oh gosh so I just finished watching FullMetal Alchemist
Good anime
gooooooooooood anime

I needed more brother feels in my life + Wrath. Wrath. hng I love Wrath

I contemplated an AU where Wrath showed up in my universe--which was largely self-indulgent and just venting feels. You can read it's details here

If you wanna read general thoughts/liveblogging FMA that's here

Me 'n Riku also had an argument about me "adopting" Wrath if you want that, too


ANYHOO!! I'd share an FMA mix but I actually need to share this KH AMV instead because it's absolute gorgeous perfection
Expect an FMA mix next time




Watch this wonderful AMV it's wonderful...... wonderful......


Anyhoo

read the chapter here

no tumblr tag bc there was only one post and I'll mention it here anyway


Vexen is handling being kidnapped rather well

I actually had a thought of Vexen + Alpha editing some sort of file on the program—be it an actual template for a replica or just a plain old word document
And they’d talk back and forth on it just by editing it and saving it because the computers between twntw and co are connected so they could access it and it would display changes
It'd be like talking through google docs


"For some reason I’m imagining Xemnas in his Zebra suit and I just…. okay then brain. Okay."

OKAY OKAY SO I READ THIS SENTENCE AND IT’S ALREADY WEIRD ENOUGH BUT MY BRAIN READ ZEBRA AS ZELDA AND THEN WHEN I LOOKED AT IT AGAIN IN COMBINATION WITH SUIT I READ ZERO SUIT AND I WAS LIKE OKAY WAS I TALKING ABOUT ONE OF MY SSB BAGKGROUDN THAT I HAVE RN OR??? WHAT?? OH. ZEBRA. XEMNAS. OH
OH


I wasn’t planning on going through with the “xehanort was gonna use kingdom hearts to make clones of himself” thing in my fic but
I’ve actually thrown in a reference to such in this chapter because, like, what the heck else did they want kingdom hearts for? ultimate power?


I’m laughing Sora’s actually ahead of Riku in terms of where they are in the castle bc Riku started at the beginning and Sora started halfway through

What’s funny is I don’t say berserkers but I mean berserkers and in kh canon both riku and mickey have taken berserkers down in one hit
Or Riku did in one hit and Mickey did in one hit in my fic
I think that’s it

But it’s still amusing like I know some of that is just ~gameplay~ vs ~cutscenes that need to take much less time~
But it’s amusing
THOUGH TECHNICALLY SORA IS ONLY KH1 MAYBE COM LEVELS HE’S NOT ANYWHERE NEAR ENDING-OF-KH2 LEVELS LIKE. I wouldn’t put him any farther than beginning-of-kh2 levels and even then I’m not sure if I’m even comfortable saying middle-of-CoM levels
Ending of Kh1 levels thooooo

Looking at timing you may think “fifteen seconds isn’t enough time!!!” but in reality it takes maybe five seconds to execute a full combo (even when I have no clue how to actually fight) so 15 seconds is actually a little overkill 
WHICH IS WHY I CHANGED IT TO TEN SECONDS yay

This battle was supposed to be like an RPG or FF style battle system. FF7. wait no turn based so yeah basically any rpg it's not a specific timer based it's 
I MEAN IT'S BASED ON TIME but you don't have a time bar which counts down and THEN you attack which doesn't always guarantee getting an attack in before an enemy can the enemy sometimes can attack twice and you can still input commands while being attacked if I remember FF7 correctly

but yeah it's general turn based battle SIMILAR TO FF7 and more like a Paper Mario or other Mario RPG game tho??? I think turn battles are generally used in most RPGs I'm rambling

IN CONCEPT THIS BATTLE IS LIKE A TURN BASED RPG BATTLE but lol who wants to actually write that out
I mean I wrote some of it out in like the next chapter but it didn't get written out like a turn based battle??

If this were a video game it'd play like a turn based battle though


I'D SAY MOVING ON but that was actually,,,,,,,,,, it,,,,,,,,,,, yay

No comments: