Saturday, May 10, 2014

ch217 commentary

I may....? start???? bringing the chapter updating from twice(ish) a week to a definite once a week. Maybe.
I guess definitely expect chapters on saturdays/sundays, and then maybe again in the middle of the week around wednesdays/thursdays maybe

Idk nothing is definite about this so let's just. move on.



Have this really upbeat Princess Peach mix. I mean it's only Peach in the most abstract ways but it's super upbeat and really nice I'm in love with it
really

OH GOSH I NEARLY FORGOT AGAIN but I finished Chain Of Memories. The CoM liveblog in total is here. The end of the game tag is here. Whoooooo

I also started up Reverse Rebirth and of course it has a tag, too

Oh gooooshhh and while I'm at it


Every time "darkness" is said in R/R
you're welcome
(actually thank Peach--the reader, not the princess--for this because she was the one who found it for me)

Now..... the Chapter

read link

tumblr tag


I haven’t been consistent with it but. Poking fun at how little Org 13 has played a role in this story. That will be fun


I was going to have Sora be like “org whatever they are” but there are only so many ways you can mess up Org 13 and I doubt Sora will forget their number

Also I'm pretty sure I mentioned in in ch116 but in case I didn't or you forgot I'm giving a lot of the Org member names up front because it's easier on my sanity
because writing "the man in the cloak" over and over and over again gets tiring + I don't see any of them actually taking the time to introduce themselves
(none of them did in canon)

That moment where even I go “wait that is Xigbar, isn’t it? not his clone??”
Tbh the scene would be exactly the same regardless of which Xigbar it was though

I guess I can see how some people find Xigbar incredibly annoying
(Sora got super annoyed with him super quick but. I think Xigbar is incredibly interesting plus I love this sort of attitude in villains)

From my brainstorm for this chapter:

WHICH SEEMS WEIRD WHY WOULD XIGBAR TELL THEM ABOUT ROXAS?? But it’s to further throw them off. They’re already worried about us having kingdom hearts let’s tell them that even their actions of not-killing-heartless can’t stop it

ALSO FROM MY BRAINSTORM:

            “??? They have a Keyblade weilder??”
“ye his name is rucksack he’s a nice guy. Apparently he’s a replica of me?? Not a perfect replica tho he looks nothing like me. Maybe his skin was the same color……….”

(why rucksack? Here’s why)


There was a note about Shad here but it's not going up any time soon

But generally you should know that Shad is the reason Sora can classify Heartless--and mainly classify whether they are/aren't Pureblood
It's like
Residual knowledge that passed from Shad to Sora or something
(residual is not the word I'm looking for but you know what I mean)


I kept typing 29 instead of 26 and. ahah. That is a completely different character

This note tho:

            Axel lost control of himself and. whoops. Shoved a chakram through 26’s chest

This is about the chapter I became aware of how violent this series actually is and when I edited my ffn profile to include a warning about said violence
Did I mention the depression and abuse tho? Shoot I didn't okay *edits profile to include that*
You may think I'm crazy but. Triggers are a thing and I know people very much appreciate knowing what sort of potentially triggering content is dealt with in stories/movies/video games and fanfics shouldn't be an exception

anyway
Last note
When magik beta’d this she mentioned I had to expand a little but she also pointed out that Axel shoves 26 against the wall a lot and even said “well here we are again”
Which is funny because I said basically that in my brainstorm notes

WAIT ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE is that Mickey's less worried about the Replica Program in general and more worried about Organization 13 having said Replica Program and being able to do whatever they want with it

No comments: