Monday, March 24, 2014

Chapter 208 commentary

Uhm okay so I've said it a million other places but, again

I'm probably going to stop replying to reviews until Dead Inside is over (at least). Part of this comes from the lack of reviews I get (which isn't a problem but I'm just saying it does affect things)
But MOST of this decision comes from the fact that since we are basically at Endgame I really really don't want to spoil anything.

I may reply to a review if I think it's really important information that everyone should know or something, but otherwise, don't expect review replies

Moving on!



this song is really cute and kinda sad but largely really important
It's told from the cat's POV, and the cat's owner ends up with depression or something, so the cat goes "what the frik" and- and it's a really good song please listen to it

also here are the lyrics those are important too

ALSO I NEARLY FORGOT but you remember me discussing doing a cover parody of "the Spider and the Lamps" for Sora? I did it. And I sang it.

chapter!

read it

tumblr notes tag thing


It's really weird to be posting this chapter because I've been trying to keep a lot of this hushed up for a while. I mean it's supposed to come up in story but it's still weird to be actually posting it because it's against what I've been doing for a while
(Why do I feel like I've said this before????)

Writing for Mickey’s pov is something I’m not used to but something I don’t think I’m bad at??

Nnnnno Mickey don’t sniff i don't care if you are a mouse


WHEN YOU. REALLY THINK. ABOUT the fact that Mickey a mouse and has a… a tail and everything heh


Word kept telling me that the "What's it doing in there?" sentence needed to be changed to "what's it going in there" which isn't even?? proper english??

I feel sorta sorry for Goofy all of his friends are just super short I wonder how often he bends down to be on eyelevel with them I wonder how much he slouches ah

What if Mickey is just… naturally better at hearing things. Because of the ears. I mean. C’mon.

Mickey actually hasn't seen Vanitas's face so that is an important note
(Also really frikken good if I think about it yeah it would be interesting to have him go "???? Vanitas???" when he sees Shad but it's less complicated if he doesn't. A lot less complicated.)

THE SARCASM. IN. THESE. NOTES.
Mickey’s processing that this is Sora’s Shadow because hmm well idk he looks exactly like Sora it’s probably obvious not to mention Sora’s mentioned sensing him around here and it makes sense and stuffy

Why can’t Donald see or hear Shad? Because it’s funny that’s why


SHAD SAID “MALEFICENT TOOK SORA FROM ME” AND IT TOOK ME A SEC BUT I REALIZED WAIT NO NO HE CAN’T SAY THAT SORA IS NOT HIS
HE DOESN’T WANT TO IMPLY THAT ODES HE?
DOES HE WANT TO IMPLY THAT TO MICKEY?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ?
I’M SO
Conflicted it seems like good words for this situation but I feel like he wouldn’t say that he wouldn’t want to say Sora’s his
But wait didn’t he tell Maleficent that didn’t he say those words to her “you stole him from me” oh
Nvm then


I was totally going to cut the Mickey vs Shad battle honestly because I'm really done with battle sequences but then I remembered it was actually important that they fought so that Mickey could attempt to kill Shad and have it not work because that's a really important thing.

Shad needed to know this. You readers needed to know this. It was important.

And I"m well aware of the fact that I may feel slightly out of character for Mickey but. This was a plot point that really needed to happen.

THEN!! AGAIN!! CANONICALLY HE BELIEVED DARKNESS = ULTIMATE EVIL UNTIL CHAIN OF MEMORIES AND THE EVENTS OF CHAIN OF MEMORIES NEVER HAPPENED IN MY UNIVERSE SO THERE IS THAT

I wonder if,,,, Mickey’s a little wary of Sora because of previous meddling with the darkness
Tho more likely he doesn’t mind because Sora doesn’t actively use darkness and has made it pretty clear that that was a huge mistake and he completely regrets it and Mickey is very forgiving almost to a fault

Of course Shad is NOT an exception because despite his strange behavior Mickey knows what he’s supposed to be so he’s treating him like he would any other dark being which is with No Sympathy


!!!!! Shad drummed his fingers!! On the edge of the bookcase!!! This is Very Important! Trust me!!
Battle sequences aren’t supposed to be wordy but fuck it

OH GOSH I COULDN’T PUT IT IN but I just imagine Shad would flip/flop with what he calls Mickey and like around Hades he’d accidently be formal and say “the King” and even WORSE he says to Mickey “your majesty” and Mickey’s like “uhm you really don’t have to?? Of all people??? ??? that wasn’t even mocking???” and Shad’s just like “well crud that honestly wasn’t intentional”

No comments: