Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chapter 207

Okay so,,, remember,,, the Razia's Shadow musical I've been yapping about??

I found a group who adapted it to a live performance (it was NOT a live performance originally) and wow is it good




This is just part one but the related videos should lead you to the rest of the musical

Ah my two favorite acts are The Spider and the Lamps (in part 2) and Meet the King (in part 4)

The Spider and the Lamps is an obvious choice--though the acting only made the song better (tho imo they could've had a better voice for the spider but eh)
and I don't like Meet the King as a song but wow it was incredibly funny on stage

ANYWAY. I REALLY SUGGEST WATCHING IT.
(Tho the story does make slightly more sense if you listen to the original album because you can actually hear all the words--don't be afraid to have to look up the lyrics tho. I had to. Wikipedia also has a nice synopsis of the plot if you're super confused)

CHAPTER TIME

bc if it didn't go up today you really actually wouldn't get it until Monday (unless I'd remembered tomorrow but chances of that are sorta slim)

chapter link

tumblr notes link


I was gonna write Goofy reporting to Mickey but tbh I think I just won’t. I was all iffy about writing it and figured since Mickey’s just going to tell Sora and Minnie in all of three minutes that Goofy’s reported seeing things then hmm I guess I don’t actually have to write Goofy reporting he’s been seeing things

The only slightly important thing I can think of that would've come from it is Goofy saying “it’s been lurking a lot around Sora’s room” 
besides that still technically made it in so


I was gonna have a thing about Sora and Castles too but he’s been in a Castle before HB was a Castle and so was CO so uh

I may start portraying Daisy as House of Mouse Daisy you can’t stop me


My Sora is actually polite and well-mannered can you BELIEVE that?

Like canon Sora is v much a little blunt about everything but he was raised on an island and “how do you proper social interaction? With important people? Hmmmm I have no clue” plus he also is very  used to saying what’s on his mind/heart which isn’t always the tactful thing to say. Sora lacks tact. That’s what it is.

My Sora however was literally fed fantasy novels for breakfast as a kid and knows a lot about at least the concept of royalty and that they should be treated well so he’s pretty good around them at least (I haven’t been paying close attention to how he is around anyone else nor have I been making a conscious decision to write him a specific way in this area until like rn with him and royalty)


I was so conflicted about what Minnie was going to say she either is really mean about Mickey and even if she’s joking it’s still unlike her or she’s really really conceited sounding almost and that’s not her either
Finally I fixed it tho but trust me I went through like a bajillion different ideas before i finally found something that wasn't obnoxiously mean to Mickey or incredibly conceited


Like I’ve said a million times before I’m fairly positive that Minnie does all the actually important stuff while Mickey’s just kinda there if you watched house of mouse that’s how they did it and HE REALLY IS a big fat worrywart

There was this one episode where like a million things went wrong and he started panicking “oh know the power’s out and pete’s gonna shut us down not to mention all these unpaid bills” and Minnie was just like “MICKEY PLEASE its’ fine I will handle it you keep the show running okay ok”

(if you haven’t watched house of mouse you definitely should here look handy link to all of theepisodes for free online REWATCHING IT WAS LITERALLY THE BEST DECISION I COULD’VE MADE AND I WILL ASSERT THAT TIL MY DEATH)

And here like this is the House of Mouse wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Mouse

It says on Minnie: “Minnie Mouse is Mickey's girlfriend, show planner and bookkeeper. Minnie is responsible for much of the club's day-to-day administration. Her cool, rational personality has kept the club running in times of crisis.”

And on Mickey “Mickey is most visible as the club's flamboyant theater host and, in practice, leaves most of the club's management to the other staff.”

And like their Kingdom in KH is so peaceful that literally Minnie just does everything Goofy is the captain of the guard but there probably isn’t an actual guard tbh just because they don’t need one


Ahhh that smile you smile when someone you love walks in the room in other words Mickey and Minnie are literally trying to kill me

Gldskfjidsfoij Minnie why why must you hurt me this way why must you two be so

I literally will assert to my grave that rewatching House of Mouse was probably the best decision I ever made
(it was definitely ONE of the best)


It’s so weird to say “Goofy and Donald” tbh it’s like “Jelly and Peanut butter” or “dad and mom”

I’M SO EMOTIONAL ABOUT THESE DISNEY CHARACTERS YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND Minnie’s trying really hard to keep everyone focused and not panicking and Mickey’s a gigantic worrywart and Daisy’s a bit of an airhead and Goofy offers to do something only to remember that he’d forgot he had something else to do and he has to apologize and nnnnnnngg


I WAS GONNA HAVE A THING WHERE HEARTLESS SHOWED UP RN AND THEN DAISY KNOWS MAGIC SO SHE ENDED UP CLEARING A LOT OF THEM
But then the scene flowed differently
(also it’s comedic if they show up later trust me)

Sora keeps saying Shadow even tho not once did Mickey or Minnie or anyone say it

IT NEVER MADE IT IN SORA’S NOT OFFERING TO GO TELL MICKEY HIMSELF BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY DOESN’T WANT TO ABANDON MINNIE TO CHECK ON THE CORNERSTONE HIMSELF PARTIALLY BECAUSE THAT’S RUDE PARTIALLY BECAUSE HE’S SURE MICKEY WOULD BE VERY UPSET IF SORA WAS THE REASON HIS WIFE DIED ALSO THE CORNERSTONE SOUNDS HELLA IMPORTANT AND HE WAS ASKED TO HELP LOOK AFTER IT HE CAN’T SAY NO WITH A GOOD CONCIOUS

Daisy was intended to have more lines but they were cut because flow I am really really sorry

No comments: