Friday, March 14, 2014

Ch206 commentary

Dream Team is,,, a really,,, good game you all should really get it. So far it's been easier than the other Mario and Luigi games, but I'm not sure if that's an "it's actually easier" or "the last time I played the other games was five years ago every game seemed hard then". I think it's a little of both tho

IT'S ALSO REALLY GOOD NOT IN TERMS OF EASINESS. IF YOU'VE EVER. ENJOYED. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MARIO AND LUIGI THEN YOU JUST NEED TO GET THIS GAME BECAUSE MARIO BROS FEELS
LONG SIGH

Also if you're interested in more Mario feels I have a tag on tumblr for that


Anyway this song is "the Spider and the Lamps" from the Razia's Shadow musical audio drama
It's probably my favorite song off the album
listen to it and it becomes,,,, really obvious,,,, because the song is basically "musical version of misunderstood character being tempted to darkness" and that's really great. I think it's really great.

I wanna do a parody of it for Sora but I'm not sure which part of FtP I should cover. I'm thinkin like beginning sorta section even tho the obvious choice is Ansem tempting Sora into joining him
*shrug*
Unfortunately which event I choose will heavily influence the lyrics so I'm stuck until I decide

but enough of that!!

Chapter time bc I need to get this up now or it won't be up until Monday

read it

tumblr tag

omg this is the first thing I have in my notes
“but what if I have to go to the bathroom”
VEXEN NO
Then again he’s been here for a while how long as he been holding it?
*snorting commences*

idk I just. It's making me laugh now. yay.


UHM ON TUMBLR I MENTIONED SCENES I HAD TO SCRAP except honestly now that I think about it they got worked in?? I think they did. The only one I actually scrapped was the Wolf vs Mickey but my other two scenes still sorta made it in
fun fun

anyway back to Vexen

I was gonna have Vexen be like “wow Xigbar you are super overconfident right now” and stuff but then I remembered he gets all offended about his pride next so nvm

I PUT IN MY NOTES “HERE WE HAVE A DISGRUNTLED VEXEN IN HIS NATURAL HABITAT"
(if you missed it)

Vexen can remember factorials off the top of his head but he can’t remember all of the mechanics of how to solve an equation using them he’s better versed in science than math. Yes they do go hand in hand but I’m not sure how often he actually had to used factorials. Then again
This really only came up because I was studying factorials and I think the conversation “it is Even, right?” came to my head and then he was like “how many times can you rearrange Even?” and I may have gone “Vexen would know the answer to that” but I definitely went “hang on I can math this” because I’m pretty sure rearranging a word was one of the problems we had to do but
Y’know
I know the answer is actually 12 because I wrote all possible combinations down but 4! = 24 so??
(I think I got confused after the 4! = 24 bit and decided “well at worst I’m writing down like 24 different combinations and I’d probably want to write them down anyway” but I only came up with 12 and I think it’s because you have two e’s? if you rearrange them you end up with 24 different combinations but only 12 names if that makes any sense)

and the math bit is really only there for humor. /I/ thought it was funny.

I mean just the idea that Vexen regularly would go way too in depth about his answers and Xigbar would go “alskjflsdf wait no no I didn’t ask for that sort of answer it was really just rhetorical oh my gosh shut up” makes me really happy



I was going to have Merlin actually track Sora down but then I realized there was literally no reason to keep them from going 
because even if Tifa and Cloud came up with reasons not to, most of them involved “not sure if they’d appreciate unexpected company” Merlin would counter with “oh no I know the King and Queen they won’t mind one bit” and then they’d go and
And plot says I have to keep Sora and Kairi apart for just like… until the end of the Disney Castle sequence. The spell failed instead.

yup

that's actually it


No comments: