Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ch209 Commentary and another Really Important thing

LET'S START WITH THAT REALLY IMPORTANT THING
Which is this petition for the US Government to legally recognize nonbinary genders

have it as a URL too
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legally-recognize-non-binary-genders/j5KvDVvh

And before you say this is an incredibly stupid cause
Don't
Just don't

There are a ton of people (a lot I know personally) who would really appreciate it if this petition could get signed. And just as there are trans people in this world, there are people in this world who don't identify as either male or female. Their struggle is just as real as that of those out their trying to get the rights to marry whoever they want regardless of gender.

DON'T CLICK AWAY

This is a real fucking issue and you could help. It's not stupid. It's not worthless. The comfort of these people is a lot more important than the two minutes of your time it'll take you to sign the petition.
No, the petition won't fix everything right away, but that's also not a reason not to sign it. The petition will bring the issue to the US Government's attention, and that's a step in the right direction.

You can help.

The site asks for hardly any intrusive information. Just a name and a zip code. That's basically nothing.

Please. Sign. This. Petition.

I get a lot of traffic on this blog and on my fic. If every one of you signed I know we'd be a lot closer to our goal. Don't look over this. Don't say "someone else can do it" because it won't happen. Sign it. Get your friends to sign it. Get your family to sign it. Signal boost a link to the petition on tumblr. Make your own post about it. Spread the word get this signed. You are not a bystander. You can help.


(also pssttt please read this post. And maybe this one. And this one?)

Anyway

There's this whole ftpverse war au going on on tumblr but I'm going to put off talking about that right now because this petition takes precedence
 I'll talk about the war au definitely before/when I upload the next chapter (it's complex enough it could use it's own post but whether or not I remember before I upload the next chapter is another story)

but have a war-themed mix anyway and by that I mean badass lady warriors yay



Chapter!

Read it

tumblr tag (which has like five posts whoops)

FOR A SECOND I PANICKED AND THOUGHT I’D HAVE TO ACTUALLY PUT THIS BEFORE MICKEY AND SHAD BECAUSE I WANTED THAT TO FLOW STRAIGHT INTO A SHAD AND HADES CONVERSATION EXCEPT INFORMATION SHAD NEEDED WASN’T INTRODUCED UNTIL THIS CHAPTER
And I was just gonna swap them around only to remember that Mickey sends Donald off while they were dealing with Shad meaning if he showed up to deal with maleficent before you read Mickey sending him off
It’s not impossible it’s just jarring and I’d rather not

So
I decided I’d just move the Shad scene back sigh


I swear the “ah, Queen Minnie” with the slightly mocking bow is a parallel to Sleeping Beauty buT I haven’t watched Sleeping Beauty in a while so uh

I may have exaggerated the Audience Chamber’s size a little but honestly it’s only a little that room is frikking huge (so huge it needed a skateboard so you could not take five minutes getting from one end to another)

rAGES THEY ONLY HAVE ONE THROWN IN-GAME NOPE NOPE NOPE NO PE heh but what if it’s technically Minnie’s throne because she’s the only one who ever is there long enough BUT THE IMPLICATIONS MAKE ME UPSET BECAUSE IT’S IMPLIED IT’S MICKEY’S AND MINNIE NEEDS A THRONE AH


That hand-shaky thing you do tho it’s like not even logical you’re just in pain so you shake your hand?? Like??? What’s that do?? but everyone does it!! I just don’t know how to describe it because like logically I don’t think it helps much it’s just one of those human things

I COULDN’T CONVEY IT QUITE AS WELL IN WORDS but the way Maleficent bows to Minnie and the “radiant as always” line from the game was the bomb like that scene was really well orchestrated I only wish Minnie had been a little more up front with Maleficent because she could’ve been and it would’ve been 100% in character but I digress
I just think it’s great how in the game all Maleficent has to say is “radiant as always” and it’s just those three words with her mocking bow and smirk and it’s so great I just couldn’t to get it to flow the same in words sigh

I can do amazing things with words but I will never deny that sometimes a visual cue like a picture or more often a video game/anime/moving picture is better. Especially moving pictures WHICH IS NOT ME BEING LAME ABOUT SAYING MOVIES it’s me trying to find a general term that includes cartoons and anime and video games and tv shows all in one. Sigh.
Animation? Maybe that’s the word I’m looking for. (not that that includes live-action do you see my dilemma)


I wanted Minnie to be BA by herself without Mickey anywhere around and here we are
(that’s like my only regret about her bits in KH2 is that she could’ve afforded to be a little more BA. Like I know it’s ridiculous and unnecessary for every female character to be BA but she could’ve chewed Maleficent out and it would’ve been in character for her. So.)

Minnie doesn’t threaten tho
AND WHAT I MEANT BY MINNIE DOESN’T THREATEN is like she wouldn’t pull a weapon (or in her case, Large Amounts of Light) to convince someone into doing something. She’d pull a weapon for self defense but otherwise she doesn’t threaten unless she has to and that’s when she’s cornered and has no other option
Ahhhh
(I wanna say Mickey’s that way too but he also has duties as a Keyblade Master so,,,,,,)


“Ooh, Maleficent, you stop this, right now!” I can hear this in my head it’s great

Donald is a duck and Donald quacks and that’s weird to use in a setting like this because you just imagine everyone human but no Donald still quacks

This timing actually very logically makes sense I mean it’s not like the Castle’s small it takes a while to get from whatever wing the bedrooms are in to where the Cornerstone is I’m sure not to mention everything was happening sort of simultaneously with Maleficent vs Minnie and Shad vs Mickey. In fact you could almost argue Donald got there sooner than he should’ve but I digress

No comments: