Monday, February 17, 2014

Ch201 commentary yayyyyyy

HELLO WELCOME TO THE START OF THE DISNEY CASTLE SEQUENCE. WOW DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS THE LAST SEQUENCE BEFORE ENDGAME? It's gonna be about 12 chapters and then straight into endgame yowza I am so close to finishing Dead Inside it's literally surreal.

ANYWAY PLAYLIST FIRST



have a happy video game playlist

I was gonna share the Mother 3 mix I'd made but like none of you have probably actually played Mother 3. So.



FIC RELATED UPDATE THING

This is a short list of scenes I plan to rewrite (so far) throughout the series
  • Actually write the Riku and Maleficent fight in Falling to Pieces (to include recent thoughts on it)
  • Edit the scene with Kairi and her Dad in Dead Inside to address a more accurate concern he'd have for Namine (at least) and also change the fact that he has red hair because he shouldn't she should've inherited that from her mother
  • rewrite the Larxene and Riku battle from the Truth Hurts because while the "he doesn't remember everything" yet is a legit excuse to the fact he's not scared of her, his body is still going to react really negatively to lightning and it may potentially trigger a few memories
  • edit a couple of continuity things concerning Replicas in the Truth Hurts
and I felt like I'd let you know but none of these will probably be touched until after Dead Inside is finished unless I'm suddenly very inspired (potential)


AND NOW CHAPTER TIME



tumblr tag for the entire sequence -- please note it does not include every post I made while writing this sequence, but it does include a couple of post that filed under any chapters. And I think there are minor spoilers if that's gonna bug you. It all looks minor tho. But it would be rude not to warn you.


THEY’RE STILL IN HYRULE LITERALLY CANNOT UNSEE but y’know it makes sense that Hyrule could potentially be somewhere in this universe just outside the regular ring of worlds you visit and
Y’know Cloud literally drove and drove and drove because he was like “something is tracking us and I’m going to drive for an hour straight and if I switch worlds enough maybe it’ll lose our trail”
AND SINCE HE DROVE FOR SO LONG AND SO FAR IT’S. FEASIBLE HE’D END UP IN AN OUTSKIRT WORLD. WHICH COULD BE HYRULE.

And besides if I hadn’t have given you this note specifying that that is indeed Hyrule you never would’ve kwnon like it’s referenced with the “there’s like no heartless” “yeah we’re really really far out guess they haven’t made it this far” thing but otherwise you’d have to be good with scenery and have played Twilight Princess and put clues together and even if you did YOU STILL WOULDN’T KNOW FOR CERTAIN BECAUSE IT WOULDN’T BE MENTIONED FLAT-OUT IN STORY yeah
I think that made sense??

Oh yeah why Twilight Princess? Because TP is my favorite Zelda game like Skyward Sword was REALLY AMAZING but I haven’t played and beaten it seven times I haven’t nearly 100% it I haven’t even played it more than once yet
I know TP by heart and the landscape by the back of my hand not only was it the most obvious choice it is also the choice I won’t need reference for PLUS THE SCENERY FOR SKYWARD SWORD IS KINDA LACKING which is alright I guess but it was just second nature to do Twilight Princess
(and I can’t do both because Timeline)

AH ALSO I had a thought that not only does the amount of heartless lessen as you get further out (from like radiant garden probably. Either it or Disney Castle is in the center of the KH-verse “bubble” of worlds) but also worlds get bigger?
Because Hyrule’s huge by KH standards if it was a world in KH it’d be like the town and that’s about it
(okay more accurately probably just the Lanayru province, maybe cutting off a large portion of Hyrule field depending…..)
Which makes sense because if heartless separated the worlds and thus made a larger world crack into smaller pieces (this is somewhere in KH lore I think about the worlds separating and junk)
But further out where there are fewer or no heartless the worlds are still big because they’re a) supposed to be separate worlds not a larger world that’s been fractured and b) …oh that was it I only had a point a my bad

My headcanon for Cloud’s world is the same as magik’s. Whatever world FF7 is is a world in KH and Cloud’s from Nibelheim etc. Tifa’s also from there and Zack’s from Gongaga. Midgar is also on that world of course but yeah.
BUT IT HELPED INSPIRE THE IDEA THAT WORLDS FARTHER OUT ARE BIGGER because it’s a pretty big world it’s got multiple towns while most worlds in KH only have one town really and of course Hyrule’s big and got at least four different towns and stuff and it’s got absolutely no heartless problems because the Heartless haven’t made it out that far
(the Heartless have likely made it to Cloud’s world tho. It’s pretty much safe to assume my canon is the same as magik’s unless stated otherwise. At least with background stuff like this)

And like I said if say the KH verse was one or three worlds originally that were later split by town??? and surrounding areas of course
Like say Enchanted Dominion and Snow White’s world and Cinderella’s world in the distant past used to be one world which had multiple countries and Kingdoms but then Heartless and they split into three separate worlds which largely consisted of the kindgoms and surrounding areas
Y’see?

Meanwhile Destiny Islands probably split earlyish on potentially but it doesn’t have much surrounding areas because it’s an island when the world split off it only took the island and there was so much water around it that it managed to take a lot of water and nothing else that made sense
AND I MEAN LIKE LOGICALLY IT’S NOT EASY TO SURVIVE WHEN YOU’RE JUST ONE TOWN AND DON’T HAVE CONTACT TO ANY OTHER TOWNS so maybe I’m wrong maybe KH worlds are bigger and Sora never visits all of the scenery and places he could
That’s legit
I’m just theorizing

There was a convo thing that was like “between the local monsters and the humans (on Cloud's world) the heartless get killed pretty quick” but it never went in
(besides there are an endless supply of heartless and not necessarily an endless supply of other monsters)

HERE IS SOMETHING FROM MY BRAINSTORM THAT I THOUGHT WAS FUNNY

The wolf kinda shakes its head all frustrated and narrows its eyes at SoraHe is bound but are his orders worth this?Can’t he just go tell his Master that frikken Jara ni Raerí showed up like that’s a reason to not fight ain’t it?Maybe he should at least trySo he does and they fight a bit but Jara ni Raerí keeps throwing light at him and even tho Sora’s clearly out of it and woozy as hell and stumbling every five secs he’s not doing too bad eitherAnd the wolf could strain himself and forcibly drag Sora awayBut he doesn’t care to follow orders that much and he’s not that fond of his master andAnd all this light is hurting and the Keyblades sting and great I’m bleeding in places and my paws are sore and I’m tired and damn you Jara ni Raerí

Okay and Shadow Tongue translation time even tho it technically doesn't come up in-story until next chapter

Mickey's Shadow Tongue name is Hyri Jara ni Raeri (I can't put in accents sigh)
Hyri - means he's born in the light realm
Jara = king
ni = is a sort of possesive/of thing
Raeri = Light Realm

(the ri suffix--pronounced  like the begining of light but with an r--means light while Hy--pronounced like the word "he"--means born in or something and rae--pronounced ray--means realm)

The more you know


The list of things Mickey can randomly do and no one is/would be surprised about is literally endless
(He speaks Shadow Tongue probably. Can definitely understand the wolf AND sense it is Bound to someone not to mention notice that it used to be a Heartless that he’s previously fought)

translation sorta of what the wolf's saying:
“are my orders worth this?
“you could if you tried, you know, given who my master is”
“I won’t have you disrespect my master!” which didn’t actually flooooowwww but *shrug*

No comments: