Friday, November 8, 2013

CROSSSOOOVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR also review replies whoops it's been ages (Can't Escape ch62-63)

I wasn't sure if I could scrounge up enough for a blog, but I think between two chapters and a bajillion review replies we should be fine




I felt a Namine mix was appropriate between the Crossover and CoM feels. Also it's very good. 

ye

SO WE'LL DO CHAPTERS FIRST

link to the first chapter and you can get to the second chapter from there

here is my tumblr thing (but only page one has notes relevant to these two chapters from what I'm aware of)

my lack of notes in general stems from only writing for half of this so I only have like liveblog notes for half of it obviously


Like magik mentioned we've been teeeeeeechnically planning this for two years (it's the whole reasons Can't Escape exists ha) 
whiiiiich in the long run meant a loooooooot of editing because there's a VERY BIG difference between what Riku acted like in the beginning of Dead Inside (the attitude he had when this was first written) and his attitude now.
I mean it's been two years real time, and five months in-story time. There's been. yeah. A lot of changes.

We also cut a lot of stuff…
A lot…

Like there was more in depth discussions about what was going on but then we were basically recounting everything and I felt it'd probably be a little boring to readers, not to mention conversations don't always tend to work like that.
(The second chapter of this is actually a very very good example of what real conversations look like actually. I'm so proud.)

Also another interesting thought is that the Original Draft completely didn't talk about magik's universe. Ever. It all focused on mine. Whoops?


anyway so some of my liveblog notes

Haha yeah he was having a really nice day. He’d been given a family, he’d reunited with Namine, there’d been a bit of alskdjfas about her meltdowns but it was all good. They were still good. And then, of course, they nearly—

HE’S LAUGHING BECAUSE HE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO

I FEEL LIKE VEXEN JUST WANTS TO JUMP OUT AND TELL RIKU NO NO YOU SHOULDN’T GO AFTER LARXENE GOSHALDARNIT DON’T YOU DARE
(but Vexen also doesn't want to blow his cover ha)

Sora is so optimistic—and I don’t get why he’s explaining everything, really!

In which Sora does all the talking and Namine’s really quiet for some reason


NO BECAUSE KAIRI’S USED TO GETTING LEFT BEHIND AND SHE KNOWS HOW MUCH IT SUCKS AND KNOWS HOW WORRIED NAMINE PROBABLY IS ESPECIALLY IF HE LEFT WITHOUT WARNING WHICH HE’S SORT OF IMPLIED

I THOUGHT NAMIKU WAS BAD BUT GOSH DARNIT SOKAI
Like holy shoo Namiku has the market on awkward cuteses covered but Sokai’s in charge on the Cuddle Corner

It’s not like SoKai KISSED
I think
(They totally could've and we'd NEVER KNOW because Riku wasn't looking ha)


Anyway that's all my notes have and I can't think of anything else so REVIEW REPLIES

ACTUALLY HAHA I REALLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING REVIEW REPLIES?? it takes so much thought lately and half the reviews ask questions that are answered in story at a later-ish point

And a lot of the other reviews are praise and wow! Praise! Is really! Nice! And I love all your positive reactions to ch174 (along with 175 and 176) and they're great to read I just don't know how to respond largely because. Idk. It'll either be awkward thank yous or reaffirming what you've said because FEELS.

Like a general overall thank you to all the things you've said because it makes me really really really happy that you guys enjoyed ch174 and such because those were my favorite favorite chapters and they were a lot of fun to write.
It is more than awesome that I managed to give y'all the same feels I had while writing them. Because. Feels. And. Junk.


I dooo want to do a quick reply(ish) to the reviews on the crossover so far? Actually just on the last chapter--ch62

It just made me laugh that Peach was like "yay focus on conversation" and then KKBeckett immediately honed in on the "OH SHIT LARXENE" bit
It just. Made me laugh. Haha

Also KKbeckett you should be both scared and disturbed. Trust me on this one. Both emotions are good.

No comments: