Tuesday, August 20, 2013

pretend there's something witty here thanks (ch163)

OKAY SO I'mma just cut straight to the chase BUUUUTTT there are things

that

you may have missed

and they are:

A rant about Roxas and training!

An explanation of Vanitas and my fic! (only on tumblr)

And that's it! (except the review replies and the chapters I posted to ASAS)

have a video!



I stumbled on it about five seconds ago and it was really good so.

chapter time!

convenient link

notes on tumblr
(about half of these are for this chapter from Aerith's POV which I'll post to ASAS tomorrow whoops)

AND WOW MY NOTES ARE REALLY ALL OVER THE PLACE 
(but i'm a nicebutt and I sorted them for you)

Yuffie probably sits with that tennis ball for hours on end. (Idk what else there is to do around there, though, when you’re not being attacked by heartless, doing rounds and getting rid of heartless, and… what else??)

Riku you little poop, trying to get away with not telling them!!
(trying to just say “well, y’know, needed to get out of CO for a while…”)

I really was going to have Riku tell them why he was there. But then I thought about it. And I went no. He’s going to lie.
Because it’s in his character to lie—this is something he doesn’t like talking about, so he’s going to lie to avoid discussing the subject, plus he’s usually on the down-low about having people know any more than they need to about his personal life. (At least that’s how he should be. I’ve only been semi-consistent with this character development/traits/quirks thing.)

It’s a hypothesis not a theory

Cid bakes. Yes. Those cookies from ch63? Well, actually, Aerith might’ve made those, but it’s not specifically stated, and I can believe Cid did if I want (she was just getting them out of the oven for him, or something). The muffin Leon has in ch68? Cid made it (well he made an entire batch)
Yup. Cid bakes.

Leon’s only so good at cooking, and so when he cooks he’s just like FOCUS ON NOTHING BUT COOKING and really hones in on it. (He may be something of a perfectionist? Ahah??)

Yup. That’s Aerith for you. (Also reminds me of the first chapter of magik’s new fic for some reason idkz actually it’s just because Aerith has to include Yuffie in being special too yeah if you read magik’s fic you’d understand I think the connection is obvious)

Yuffie you’re not Joseph (I’ll sit on him if I have to!)

Wow I just typed Namine instead of Yuffie. ARE YOU MISSING HER ALREADY RIKU??

Rebuilding the town has only been going so well because they hardly have any idea what to do and Leon and Cid can’t come to an agreement on anything and Aerith has no clue how she’s supposed to help, and Yuffie’s anywhere between super helpful to downright obnoxious depending on the day so

If Riku knew/was told that they were rebuilding HB, it’s since slipped his mind/he’s forgotten about it


AERITH IS ALL ABOUT BEING POLITE but you probably all know that but still

ALPHA WHAT IS WITH YOU LATELY YOU FEEL LIKE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PERSON??

I’m assuming Namine formed the corridor for Alpha because Alpha would most likely have been polite enough to use the door. Most likely. (There is a chance he’s a bit annoyed right now and forwent manners)

Imagine how that conversation between Joseph and Alpha went, though

Joseph: Alpha! Riku’s leaving!
Alpha: He is? (faintly annoyed) When?
Joseph: Uhm… now. He was saying goodbye to Namine last I checked. (He pauses) He might’ve left already…
Alpha: (now very annoyed) Really?
Joseph: He was supposed to tell you before he left?
Alpha: Yup.
Joseph: Mm… I can form you a dark corridor to where he’s going!!
Alpha: That’d be great

OKAY so Joseph forms a dark corridor for Alpha then

I mean it makes sense Joseph has only really been inside Aerith’s house, and he’s not thinking about doors or manners and he’s just like this is where Riku is! and forms a dark corridor and of course it’s right into Aerith’s living room
(I could have it form in the dining room but that seems like a lot of work)

Alpha wants to bow??? At least slightly they are a polite bunch, at least towards complete strangers: polite by default, I suppose you could say

For some reason in my head Aerith’s sitting on the floor (I know she’s sitting on the couch though I just??)

As amusing as it would be, Aerith did not actually cast a mute spell on Cid but it would’ve been funny

Alpha have you and Vexen talked about Riku’s habits that formed during CoM? (sneaking off to see Namine was definitely one of them)

I waffle so much on whether or not I should type out what Cid says like it sounds in my head. I’ve heard doing that too much distracts, but I don’t feel like I’m doing it too much. (However I have to do it to a certain level otherwise his speech patterns look like Mickey’s)

Cid and Alpha can have semi-intelligent conversation with each other. (I only say semi because Cid has a much more laid back attitude toward it all)

Cid gets it because he’s a mechanic and apparently he thinks on sort of the same page. That or he’s worked with scientists, in which case he understands how they think. That’s likely.


Pretty sure that the conversation between Leon and Aerith about Riku staying for dinner happened in the kitchen and it wasn’t very loud but Riku’s got super sensitive hearing soooooo yup (I just thought it important to point out)

I’M ACTUALLY PRETTY CONFLICTED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THAT DOES HAPPEN IN THE KITCHEN AND—I guess Riku’s just eavesdropping though it’s what he does


Oh hello Namine

Oh look you fried Riku’s brain again

But she KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK
UHM
HELLO
SHE’S NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE
I DON’T’ THINK RIKU’S EVER EXPERIENCED THAT KIND OF AFFECTION
RIKU’S PROBABLY NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT KIND OF AFFECTION OHM Y GRACIOUS

Okay now I have to figure out a way to balance Riku being how do I emotion for Namine being cute and Riku being what is this affection I’m not used to this. What. What? WhAT???

I mean he’s gotten used to hugs and hand holding and sitting close and holding each other tight and taking faces in each other’s hands—which apparently is my favorite thing since I use it so frequently. I don’t know I guess I just like it because it’s all intimate. It’s intimate but it’s also reassuring and comfortable at the same time because you’re holding them in a rather intimate way but it’s to steady them and anchor them and maybe you’re just going in for a kiss on the lips but there’s also kissing on the forehead and that is so reassuring and sweet and idk I guess I have a thing for this

But anyway he is certainly very much not-used to being kissed. At all. Anywhere. Because. No one has ever kissed him. Not on the cheek not on the forehead not at all. Wow. I am just making myself sad here.

But it’s more than true. There was definitely no one being affectionate to him in CoM. [Larxene is Larxene. Marluxia by no means cared at all about him. Vexen was… well… Vexen, but he was rather cold and distant from Riku back during CoM because… CoM.] Like, I mean, Namine is literally the only person who might’ve been and even then she wasn’t. Not really. To an extent, sure, but definitely not to this extent.
And then post-CoM and in my universe I’m fairly sure the only person who’s shown any affection towards him is, of course, Namine. This Namine. My Namine. (Though I did make a note that Kairi might’ve thrown some jokingly affectionate quips in his direction just because she felt like being obnoxious I’m sure it happened I totes see it happening in canon)

And like I said he’s gotten used to the hugs and the hand holding and etc. because that happens semi-frequently.

But unless I’ve missed something I’m 100% positive that Namine’s never kissed him, even just on the cheek like this.

So anyway long rant short it’s really no wonder his brain is fried

Then of course you have to wonder what the crap is going through Namine’s brain and why she even decided to do that—because it was just a short random quick kiss on the cheek they weren’t even having a moment or anything. But then again Namine’s probably as impulsive as Riku because that’s how they are so she was probably just “this seems like a good idea!” and then she did it and then she was like “wait was that really a good idea??” (which is also how Riku’s brain works haha)

Okay so how to explain all this in the least amount of words yet still cover everything and portray everything without actually flat out saying it all

What’s the line I cross before being descriptive in a weird way, ah?

I don’t think I give a crap about how awkward this all may sound this is literally the first time Riku’s been kissed. Ever.

I mean, really, it’s nothing to most of us—not a kiss on the cheek, anyway—because most babies are coddled with kisses from over affectionate parents or siblings. Riku? Was never a baby. Was born and raised in CO during CoM, and we all know how bad that went. It’s not like he’s been kissed, ever, over the course of this story.

NAMINE YOU REALLY AREN’T HELPING

THEY ARE DEFINITELY HAVING A SEMI-PRIVATE MOMENT IN PUBLIC WHOOPS

Riku can’t think of another word besides nice, apparently. His brain’s a little asldkfjsldfjsdf at the moment though so I guess you can’t blame him ahaha

Riku you’re over thinking this stop
(heheh he gets that trait from Vexen bwahahah)

Riku stop this is not attractive
(no jk he totally finds this attractive)

RIKU, NAMINE BEING THREATENING IS CERTAINLY NOT CUTE

Namine baby are you just mimicking what you’ve seen Riku do aaaawwwww


RIKU COME ON STAAAAHP
(lol y'all can see how well that went)

~
That's everything!

No comments: