Saturday, February 9, 2013

"You're harder to wake up than Axel!" (commentary on ch55 of Can't Escape)

I have the sudden urge to post a video here

but, I am also currently too lazy. Or, rather, I don't want to waste time looking up a video at the moment. I have a scene that I just need to look over one more time, and then I can start writing the Heckuva long raid. OH. MY. GOSH. This is exciting, kay? Be excited!

Now, as for the chapter...

Magik, actually, isn't right when she said she wrote all of this chapter. I wrote the beginning with Joseph waking Toby up. I believe. (I distinctly remember writing it, so I'm not sure why I'm suddenly doubting I did...).

Magik, however, did write the REST of the chapter. And... all but the end of the next chapter? That'd be funny if it is the way it turns out (and I think it does turn out like that...)

Anyway, so, originally, it was going to take Joseph FOREVER to get to magik's universe, and when he finally got there, he ended up on Destiny Islands and ran into Xion. (Why Xion? Because... in my head, the scene took place late at night, and Xion would've been up then, since she needs less sleep... at least I believe that's what my thought process was is it scary that I can remember that when I planned said scene two months ago?)

And then there was this huge rant about Vexen that was rather amusing that Joseph gave me. With luck, it'll end up in Dead Inside! Or most of it...

But, magik was like "Joseph's going to corridor straight into Ienzo's study, and Ienzo's going to be pissed" and I was like OKAY because it sounded like a much better/more interesting idea. Except she didn't write it that way. Oh well. It's fine the way it is.

Heheh, my notes say next:
"Whoops. Accidentally typed Xehanrot instead of Xehanort"

And then my notes... look like they talk about later chapters from there on... okay!

*reads through chapter to see if I can think of anything else*

Well, Toby's "You seem to know what you're doing" (to Joseph) reminds me of BBS, where Sora's like "I don't know, Riku. You say some pretty weird stuff sometimes" or whatever it is that he says
Idk why, exactly I'm reminded of that. It's just... how Toby says the line in my head

And... uh...

Actually, that's it

Huh.

I guess... back to writing!

btw, I did a blog on the last chapter of this sequence, just in case you missed it or something or other...

EDIT: Oh, happy 100th post! Apparently. I believe some of these posts listed in my thing are drafts, but... it says I've got a hundred, total. YAY! *throws confetti*

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Shows how much I remember... *shifty glance*
Regardless, I can't remember why Xion didn't sound like such a great idea, but I do remember that the way the scene ended up turning out just was a lot better (when I was writing it) than Joseph just showing up in Ienzo's office. *shrug*

rar said...

nah, that's okay. I used a lot of ideas that you gave me in the very short scene, so it does kinda SOUND like you wrote it. So... ...I'll just shut up
I don't remember. I think you just changed your mind and I went with it because I wanted you to write it. And the scene definitely works fine the way it was written, so... no complaining!