Thursday, February 7, 2013

What? A chapter commentary? (commentary on ch54 of Can't Escape)

On Can't Escape?

BEFORE the sequence has been completely posted?

I know, you must think I'm crazy

But I took notes during this entire sequence. So. I have things to blog about.

First of, though:

faskdjflsdfjlfdj--This behemoth of a sequence (which I wrote almost all of, as magik mentioned) is the reason you've been seeing only sporadic updates to Dead Inside! I just COULDN'T seem to finish it! I stared it like, two months ago (early November, finished in January) and it just... TOOK AGES!
I mean, I got sick and didn't write for three weeks. And there was the R sequence. But. Still. TOOK AGES.

Now that I have that out of my system.

This whole thing started, back in November, like I said. It was most likely inspired by eiahmon's "Burning Heart" fanfic (though it was probably Completion, since that centers around Vexen) and uhmm... darn! I didn't copy it down!
Well
I said to magik one day "Vexen wants to talk to Ienzo" and she was like "what?" and then we started plotting out the sequence
That wasn't exactly how it happened, but I'm too lazy to hunt down the IM conversation itself, since I only copied down the plotting part of it...

now, to my notes!!

See, my inner 29, while I was writing the beginning here was like "No! I'm not doing anything! I can take Joseph to Twilight Town" and I was like "No, 29~! I need Vexen to take him!"

A lot of this chapter was letting Vexen rant. Because he's good at ranting.
Seriously, I had paragraphs of him just ranting on my page, and after I had most of his rant out, I'd go back and put it into a more story-like format. He just ranted for this chapter.

And... we're capitalizing Experiments, now! Vexen likes to capitalize things. It's because of him that most of the things in my fic (and magik's...?) that I capitalize are capitalized. Like Replica. And possibly Program. And maybe even Rewrite.

And then, when we get to the Rebellion portion of the rant... I really was like "forget all story/plot important observations of the rebellion!" and let Vexen just think about it. Logically. Which he is very good at doing.

Is he right in any of his observations? I hope not.

Heheh, I love how Vexen keeps nearly calling Xemnas Xehanort.

Speaking of Xehanort, he kept trying to worm his way into the sequence! I was like, WHAT THE CRAP, DUDE!?
It wouldn't have worked. I wasn't going there.

And here's one of my favorite quotes of this sequence:

"Are you alright? You look like you nearly had a heart attack!!"

Speaking of this sequence, did you know, that, so far, it's the longest sequence I've ever written? It's about 30 pages. Twice the length of Nothing's Fair!

"Are you kidding, Vexen? There was nothing logical about what you just did!"


So, when I originally wrote this, Vexen knew about Lexaeus’s death. However, magik was like “no he doesn’t” and I was like “what!?” It turns out, Omega, that stupid Replica that replaced Vexen towards the end there, is such a good decoy that he even fooled me. Gragh.

Then I had to rewrite it to fix this problem. My notes complain about parts of the scene not working right due to the rewriting, but it looks fine to me now... 

I'm running out of notes...

But, at the end there, when Joseph started getting angry, I was like:
"What the crap, Joseph, did you just get angry? Do you not like watching people sit and mope? Do you not like it when people give up when they have no need to? Is this why Xion’s death upset you so much?"
Because Xion's death did upset him. Apparently. Idk, that came up in an AU crossover that I really should maybe post... it's not like it's terribly long or anything... but it's also currently purely dialogue, so I'd have to edit it

...

Those were all my notes

But, I really love this sequence as a whole. It was a fun sequence to write. Even though it took forever. Vexen's fun to write for. 

And I should... post this. I've been sitting here for the past two hours composing this blog. Enough of my ranting!

3 comments:

KKBeckett said...

This is mostly a completely random question... do you just add the "~" after names for fun? Or is there a reason behind it?
(Yes, I am aware that this has NOTHING to do with the chapter...)

rar said...

Uhm... sometimes it's just me hitting the ~ button while trying to hit the ! and then not going back and fixing this. This time, I think, I just copied it from my word document and that's how it was there... Not sure why it was like that in the word doc...

KKBeckett said...

Huh. Okay then.