Wednesday, December 14, 2016

ATRch65 - BRAINSTORM! (extra content!)

Heya folks! No chapter commentary for this chapter because, honestly, I'm so tired of doing them, they're exhausting. Instead I've made sure to post all the thoughts I had on my tumblr, and I'll probably doing that for all future chapters!

- > Ch65's chapter tag is here, on my personal blog!

- > Or it's here, on the ftpverse blog? If I'm swapping over to posting near exclusively on tumblr from now on I'm gonna try and make sure everything finally actually makes it onto the ftpverse tumblr lol...


Anyway, I had some initial thoughts for this chapter that either a) happened differently but were pretty good anyway! or b) couldn't really be conveyed in the chapter itself becuase, I dunno, I wasn't in Yuffie's POV mainly.

So here's the near-full brainstorm! Typos and all! Throws confetti!!




Vexen shows up and knocks on the gainsborough house door

Someone opens the door!! Yuffie, probably, seeing as she does NOT get enough love lol

She frowns at vexen, idk if she even recognizes him, and she’s like

“yo…….?”
“hi” vexen clears his throat awkwardly “is, um. May I speak with riku?”
Yuffie looks him up and down, protective of her little brother!!! Oh no!!!! and then, hardly taking her eyes off vexen calls over her shoulder “riku, there’s some guy looking for you?”
“some guy?” riku scowls and puts down whatever he’s doing, either he gets up and comes to the door or he sits up enough to like, look and see who it is, tho I thiiiiiiiiiiink he’ll stand up and come to the door, since that’s what’s in my head!! ((idk how much taller he is than Yuffie)) ((HOW TALL IS YUFFIE)) ((ok per always w/ riku he’s like nearly a foot taller than her))
So yeah riku comes up to the door and he scowls at vexen, scowling harder than before
“oh. It’s you” he says ((HE’S PROBABLY STANDING A LITTLE BIT BEHIND YUFFIE!! Listen))
“do you want me to get rid of him?” Yuffie asks
Riku sighs “no, it’s fine,”
Yuffie either shrugs and moves out of the way, or she like, shrugs and then steps so she’s not between the two of them but is still kinda hanging around for Emotional Support. She’s trying, bless her
“what do you want, vexen?” riku asks
“um. I wanted to speak to you about something”
Riku raises his eyebrows, or maybe he’s just, he may totally be resigned about this, so he sighs again and rolls his eyes “I suppose you want to do it alone”
“that’s up to you” is all vexen says, trying to respect riku’s!!! whatever. Boundaries. Yeah
Even though vexen is trying nto to pressure riku into anything, riku still like, looks around a little (takes stock of who is in the room?? Or he’s just looking over at Yuffie). He appreciates the sentiment—if he even realizes there is one, that is—but it seems silly to talk about ANYTHING with vexen wher Yuffie [and everyone else, if there are other people] can hear
a) Yuffie and riku may HONESTLY be the only two home rn??? Oh, well, namine’d be there too unless she’s hanging with Aerith! It depends. b) RIKU’S HOME BECAUSE THEY’VE ABSOLVED HIM OF ALL DUTIES SEEING AS HE’S DYING??? MIGHT AS WELL BE DYING??? The question then is everyone else chilling w/ him Just In Case or not. I think since they’re pretty confident he’ll be ok, they might not be?
Riku may like. Address that??? Bc I want it to be a thing that’s up. The hb gang do all love him!! Ofc he spends every day with them but, yanno. Idk. Either they’re there and we talk about it ((tho mb today is an exception since he’s gonna hang out w/ sokai later)) orrrrrrrrr they aren’t riku comments how it’s kind of nice they aren’t crowding him all the time. He doesn’t mine the affection he guesses but constant attention is tiring
IDK TEHRE’S NO PLACE TO BRING IT UP THAT’S NOT HERE SO WE’LL!!!! See
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Riku is like
“well, seems silly to do it here, come on” and like, shoves vexen outside or gestures as if, that,, ((he may say something else but idk what!!!!))
They walk a respectable distance from the house, not far, but, like, enough that unless yuffie’s following them she won’t hear ((UMMMM WHAT IF SHE DOES FOLLOW THEM!!!!!! WHAT IF SHE RECOGNIZES THAT RIKU’S UNCOMFORTABLE AND THO SHE’S BAD AT MORAL SUPPORT SHE WANTS TO BE AROUND JUST IN CASE!!!! I’LL DIE!!!!!))
If she does, riku PROBABLY notices ((unless he’s too busy being grumpy about vexen lol)) so he’ll have to think something about it!!! Or at least go “did he hear??? No, no, can’t have”
I think if he realized she was there before like, towards the end of the convo, he’d be too embarrassed during everything vexen’s telling him!!! Well when it gets into the end stuff anyway
But maybe he does like see her slipping behind a crate or a building and he knows she’s there but he decides that he doesn’t care because he doesn’t feel like telling her to go and he supposes if things take a bad turn in this convo ((WHICH I GUESS HE STILL SUSPECTS A LIL BIT?)) then hey at least yuffie’s hiding behind a box for me. I’m sure she’ll diffuse the situation if she needs to
I’LL CRY, ACTUALLY
“so, what’d you want?” riku asks. He knows Yuffie followed them but he’s not going to stop everything just to call her out because actually he’s a lil bit ok with her being here ((HE’LL GET EMBARRASSED LATER WHEN VEXEN STARTS SAYING THINGS BUT IT’S FINE)) ((I’m not missing this opportunity only to save riku a lil embarrassment lmao))

and that's everything until the end of the chapter that has Yuffie in it and I care about ((I mean I care about Vexen but that brainstorm doesn't have neat stuff that didn't go in the chapter))

NOW WE COVER YUFFIE!!!!
Either riku just turns around and “yuffie I know you’re there” or he walks over to the box or whatever she’s hiding behind ((WOULD SHE LET HIM THO)) and scares her out and she jumps
“yIKES" she flails amoment and then “uhhh listen riku I just. Um. I only followed because I thought maybe the situation seemed uncomfortable so I wanted to be close for??? Emotional back up???? Idk I’m not good at that sort of thing all I’m good at is sneaking around lol”
“wait seriously?” riku asks and, this is a feeling he can process because it’s not coupled w/ vexen. He’s legit touched. “that’s, not, like an excuse so I don’t get mad right”
“WHAT NO I DEFINITELY,,,, I definitely followed only bc I wanted to help!!! I wasn’t sure what I was gonna do but I was thinking about, finding a way to, pull you away if things started looking like they were super uncomfy for you,” Yuffie tells him
Well I saw that you seemed super uncomfy about talking to him so I thought I’d….??? I dunno. I’m good at sneaking around and hiding, I’m not good at being emotional support
“oh, wow, I appreciate it???” riku says. He still has some trouble processing this but it’s significantly less
“oh!!!!” Yuffie brightens up “I’m glad!!!!” she kind of looks to where vexen just was “looks like it went ok tho, I guess”
“yeah” riku agrees, and he makes a confused face bc he’s still mulling everything over. Then he flushes as he thinks about it and remembers again Yuffie heard all that “uhhHHhhHHhhh please don’t make fun of me”
“why would i??” Yuffie begins then laughs “nah riku it’s fine. I won’t mention it to anyone”
“GOOD. THANKS”
Pause. They may start moving back towards home
“who, uh, was that, anyway?” Yuffie asks
“vexen”
“oh so THAT’S vexen”
“did you not know???” he looks at her, surprised
“I mean, maybe I did, idk” she shrugs, unbothered

Uhhh I guess, mb I won’t, but there was gonna be
“who is??? Like??? He’s….”
“the guy who built me,” riku finishes, sighing “and the replica program.”
But idk where it goes from there
Besides, like
“OH. Oh. Things make more sense now”
He scowls at her
She claps hands over her mouth
“I MEAN I’M NOT GONNA TELL ANYONE I’LL SHUT UP OOPS SORRY"
OR LMAO
SHE JUST
“I WON’T TELL ANYONE!!!!!!! GEEZE!!!!!!!!” w/o apologizing or covering her mouth lol

No comments: