Wednesday, December 21, 2016

ATR beta - Sora explaining things to his parents (ft: some REAL old ideas about Shad)

Hey!! Just some quick notes regarding this thing.

I was digging through old ATR drafts last night and found the initial draft for Sora explaining things to his parents!! It's from 2011, so it's super old, and it's kind of weird to look at because a) my ideas were super different back then b) it's weird to realize that I had this stuff planned since the beginning. 

Anyway, the draft is here, ch101 of ASAS! This writing is suuuuper old but I thought it'd be cool to share.

I did a post on tumblr last night regarding Shad's attitude / presentation [ here ], which struck me as most bizarre, so check that out because I'm too lazy to type the whole thing up again. The basics is just he was really chill instead of being angry about everything, and also he and Sora still didn't totally get along and while some of the dialogue was funny it made me frowny face.

That's about it!

Another thing about Shad that I didn't bring up on tumblr, is I guess I'd intended all of his actions to be presented from the heartspace. That's what's up with all the italics, as far as I can tell. It's especially noticeable when he's talking through Sora's mouth, because all of his actions ((which are descriptions of his actions, and not Sora feeling them!)) are in italics. But the final scene is also in italics (and was like that when I found it), and acts as if they can see each other, so. I figure it's heartspace interaction.

I mentioned in the author's note but, also featured in this chapter as far as ideas-that-changed:

- Riku and Namine were still living on Destiny Islands in this take ((to be fair, them moving to HB wasn't planned until very very late in Dead Inside, like 2013 Dead Inside.))

- don't even get me started on Kairi's character. she had a completely different personality and, yikes

AND THAT'S, that's it actually

Cool!

I hope you enjoyed this!!!

No comments: