Monday, February 1, 2016

ATR 56 - a VenVan, and, not a yelling

This was supposed to go up yesterday, but, OOPS, it managed to slip my mind - probably because I started feeling sick. Well. You didn't need to know that. Whoops. (I feel fine now.) (It's all good.)


Ftpverse News!

I posted a few things on this blog that were largely just reposts from my tumblr, but, hey, if you missed them!

- FtPverse main five + Hogwarts Houses. This is less an AU and more of a personality/character analysis, because it's based off of a complex system made by a tumblr called sortinghatchats. It's pretty cool and super works, so, you should check it out, probably.

- NamiKai dynamic details! I was having trouble wrapping my head fully around their relationship, and since just thinking through it wasn't working, and I can't be bothered to update character sheets, I went with a tumblr post for it. It got ported here, because, hey! It's interesting. (I kinda wanna do these for other relationships in the future, but, who knows when that'll happen!)

- Misc things about the main four! Some good SoRiNamiKai details, ft three separate ported posts detailing random facts/situations concerning the four of them. COOL.


Also!

I still haven't edited more of Dead Inside than chapters 1 and 2, but, hey, I uploaded them finally! That's progress.

You can check out ch1 here!

And, ch2, here!

(And, a changelog, here)

UPDATE! These updates will be constantly filed in the "di bloggin" tag on the ftpverse tumblr, which is Just Updates and none of me yelling about how much early Dead Inside sucks, like the "di bloggin" tag on my personal tumblr


Aaaaaaaaand!

I did a 2015 year in review ft Things I Did and general accomplishments. It has a big whopping section at the end related to FtPverse things. It was a lot of fun to write, so, it'll probably be a lot of fun to read, too!

2015 was a real good year for FtPverse, so, check it out!



MOVING ON



I guess I should've linked to my VenVan mix, but, [stares right at you as I leave this Kagamine song right here]

Look, I dunno how I posted about it when it first happened, BUT, the Kagamine Twins got a V4 update (finally), and included with it was an English voicebank! English Kagamine is real! This song is super addicting!! It's, like, the only song I know of where they're singing English and it sounds good, but. It's good. It's so good.


SO, YEAH, TAKE THAT, AND NOW


CHAPTER TIME!! 

Read ch56 here!

Tumblr tag, here!


There's a lot of things to like about this chapter but it's mainly just because I get to tease at my two fave ships, haha, ha, bye.

Also I had a potential yelling slotted for this chapter but managed to work out another option! I won't say it's Better, because the results of the yelling were Pretty Good, but, I think it still worked out super well.




Like I said, I considered doing a yelling for this chapter - I plotted it out, went "HOLY MOLY THAT'S PRETTY GOOD!!!!!" like I do with most yellings, but, then I realized that like the last ten chapters have all been (or have mostly been) yellings, so, I figured we could use a breath of fresh air here.

My solution to the problem actually ended up being "what if I just take Kano entirely out of the conversation" and it actually! Worked out pretty well. It meant he wasn't there to yell, and though I lost some growing friction between Certain Characters, I ended up with SoShad hints instead? Heck yeah.

What tided me over more than anything else was the idea of Sora purposefully trying not to bug Kano, so he wouldn't upset him, because he didn't want to make Kano upset, because he wanted to protect him from something that would upset him. I thought of that and just started, melting, because,,,, it's so good. Weh.

Also it was pretty fun to try this without Kano, with Sora flying relatively solo in his head, because, he hasn't done that in a while? And, we already know how Kano feels about this subject, so it was for the best that I could explore Sora's feelings on this, on Ven, without Kano around to taint his actions.


The yelling for this chapter was pretty good, and I'd looooove to post the outline of it to ASAS, but, I may end up using some of this stuff later! So, until then. 


I realized that Ven and Sora have actually discussed this before, back in chapter 30, they talked about Vanitas and Shad and had the same sort of "what's a Shadow?" vs "what was Vanitas?" conversation. But, I reiterated it here for, well, reasons. At least I had them say "I know we discussed this before, but I forgot" instead of just, not, bringing it up at all.


“rar that’s gay and not even for the right gays” you wanna fight me

            (this is about Sora’s comment on Ven’s smile)


[cups hands around mouth] gaaaaaay

((for all Sora is exasperated to have to tell Kano to leave it be, Sora’s glad to hear his voice. It’s been quiet, empty without him all day))


Aaaaaaaaand that's it! [tapdances off]

No comments: