Saturday, January 23, 2016

ATR 55 - In which we visit the beach

DHFHSFHFSD

So many things to talk about and it took me half the day to even start. Well. We're just gonna go w/ the short and easy version.


V-video  game news????

Look I did a review of Yoshi's Woolly World on my other blog and you should read it maybe!!!

What a cute fun game. I love it.


FtPverse News

Nothing too major,,, er, YET???? Actually I guess this is pretty major.

I've started editing Dead Inside. Not rewriting in full, just, editing things. The first 100 chapters are the only ones that are up for consideration in terms of Serious Editing buuuuuuuuut if there are parts later that piss me off those will get edited too.

So far I haven't uploaded any edits, though I have edited chapters 1 and 2, and parts of later chapters (around ch20), those later chapters for Kairi Related reasons.

You can keep track of my progress / read into why I'm doing this under the di bloggin tag on my tumblr. Updates Only, with no yelling, is all under the di bloggin tag on the ftpverse tumblr!

The short version is "I was just making the scene breaks uniform / deleting obsolete author's notes" but then I got a little grumpy faced at 13 y/o me for not even having Namine mention Kairi when she got to CO (and pretending they didn't have a heckin' friendship??) and in my search to edit that so there was at least a reason Namine didn't bring Kairi to CO I read earlier chapters and went "wow this sucks" with a lot of them.

It's generally continuity errors or dumb things that need to, not, (like Kairi inexplicably just forgetting the entirety of Falling to Pieces???) but I'm!!! going through and editing them. I'll probably post edits when I have five edited chapters to post.


For now, though, I have edited a few chapters of Falling to Pieces, the book!! The final three, chapters 30, 31, and 32.

There's a changelog here!



CHAPTER COMMENTARY FOR ATR CH55 NOW FINALLY

tumblr tag here!

read it here!




Kairi’s distaste for / rudeness towards Yen Sid is entirely pulled from Dream Drop Don't leave me Behind, lmao

It’s less she doesn’t like him and more she just has a general lack of respect for authority and he has even less respect because she doesn’t’ take him seriously and is a little mad at him for pushing her out of training—but mainly she doesn’t respect him and is pushing that to a lot of limits

I thought about tall Ven (because, he’s 17 here) and got a little weepy (I get weepy about mature / older Ven in general, literally just because People My Age Ish feels) – Kairi sauntering up to him and nudging him while he’s taller than her is a good thought
But I think, he’s just, her height
((for a while he’s been an inch shorter than her bc he’s short and Sora’s shorter buut!!! I’m feeling same height as Kairi. maybe. idk.))

“Kairi’s a kind!!! Compassionate!!! Dainty princess!!!!” haha fuck that, she’s rude as hell

I nearly forgot Riku coming to get Kairi was a thing until I reread ch52, but, it’s fine,


HHHOOOOO I HAD TO CUT THIS, BUT, IT WAS GOOD

“man, and I wanted to see sora’s first day of training!” kairi groans, when Yen Sid is taking much longer to examine the spell than she would like
“if it makes you feel better, you probably aren’t missing much” ven tells her, with a shrug maybe “aqua’s probably just taking him through forms, and, trust me, that’s not fun to watch. Or…. to do.”


I should probably save the original of this

“YO VEN HAVE YOU EVER GONE SWIMMING?”
“ummm yeah. duh?”
“HAVE YOU EVER GONE SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN THOUGH”
“at Neverland kinda”
“WELL OK FINE WHATEVER W’ERE GOING SWIMMING NOW”
“what”
“I’M BORED AND THE OCEAN’S RIGHT THERE AND I’LL BE DAMNED IF I’M THE ONLY ONE SWIMMING”
“um, no?”
“I WILL LITERALLY SHOVE YOU INTO THE OCEAN”  



I carefully studied kh2 cutscenes to figure out what the outside of Sora’s house would look like, landscaping wise. Architecture wise, it’s kinda like this, except the windows are a lot bigger and more rectangle/horizontal



Oh and here's a pic of the house on Destiny Islands from KH2 I was using as reference



You may be surprised about the grass but a) it’s there ingame, as you can see and b) an island isn’t 100% beach. but you probably knew that. so. yeah.


THAT'S THAT

No comments: