Wednesday, November 25, 2015

All That Remains ch51! - in which there's still, kinda, some yelling??

HEYYYAAA!! Happy day before Turkey Day to fellow Americans, and for non-Americans, happy Wednesday. Or Thursday. Or whatever day it is when you're reading this.

So, that's cool.

I guess to keep with the Thanksgiving trend I'll say I'm thankful for: all my wonderful family and friends, that Cucumber Quest exists, that Undertale exists, that I'm a writer and really good at it, and uh, probably that I have a better grasp on what I want to do with my life than I've ever had? Cool.

Also, um, that Sonic is a series that exists, that SA2 is the wonderful trash it is, and that Drak and Gigi play Sonic 06 is a thing. Lmao.

Oh and oh my god you have to read Cucumber Quest you literally have to the last update literally flipped the whole story on it's head and it's soooo gooood you have to read this. You have to read this comic. Bye.


hi I'm rar and this is my trash child. I. I legitimately enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog.

You can read about why I'm mad the episode he got in the Sonic Boom tv series here.


CHAPTER TIME

read here!

tumblr tag!

This chapter was fun, and the first of which I started the "reread and rewrite the chapter the day after you finish it" trend. It's a, long, exhausting practice but it yields really good results. Also I love SoShad. fight me.




I really REALLY wanted to stay in Riku’s pov except outside of a want to stay in his pov I, was better off in Sora’s, for literally all the reasons

I’m going to call him “Ren” and “Kairi’s dad” interchangeably with no warning and you liiiiiterally can’t stop me


Slowly borrows from magik and implements the “Cid gets harder to understand the angrier he is” thing

I’m really REALLY into the way Sora words this

“right. well.” Sora licks his lips, chooses his word, chooses his story
And he settles on
“we fought, and then, afterwards, well…. it…. some things, happened, while we fought” he says, and he’s telling it this way, because it’s less embarrassing to Kano, and Kano is a million times grateful for that “and it stopped being a battle, and it was just yelling, and then it was… talking. And so we talked, and he told me, that, well- he didn’t want to be my shadow anymore. He was tired of being required to drag me into darkness. he didn’t want to. and the only way he could really get out of that was if he… died.”

I feel like he’s broken a lot of promises he made to Kano, at least with the Why He Died etc and a little of You Can’t Tell People I love You buuuuuuut he’s keeping what he can of Kano’s death secret, namely, the whole bit that Kano walked up to him and said “hey, kill me”

He paints it in a different light, and it’s not exactly the truth, buT IT’S REAL GOOD

AND I DON’T GET IT BC, AS COOL AS IT IS HE’S KEEPING THIS A SECRET STILL, I DON’T NEED TO, REHASH, THIS

ALSO I DIDN’T EVEN GET “VAGUE PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING IT” LIKE I’D INITALLY INTENDED BC I REWROTE THE CHAPTER AND IT WAS EASIER TO DROP THAT AND FIGURED I’D, CUT MY LOSSES, the HB gang doesn’t Officially have an explanation for how Shad’s in Sora’s heart, but also, the readers don’t need that explanation AGAIN so I’m, nope, it’s fine


((also I think Aerith knows enough to explain it and Ren could also probably pitch in with a “I have no idea what it means but I heard this” soooo it’s, it’s fine, it’s fine, it’s fine))

No comments: