Monday, September 7, 2015

All that Remains ch43!!!

There's quite a bit to cover, and not quite a lot of time to do it! So!!

things to, yanno, mention!!

  • I played, and finished, FF8!! It was a lot of fun, I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy this much in a while, and it was great to have magik / a friend around to enjoy the experience with me!!
  • If you missed it: the events of FF8 in FtPverse feature Zack and Aerith because, why the hell not, this is already a Kingdom Hearts AU fanfic, I can do whatever I want ((details I'm willing to share on tumblr are filed here---I'm being quiet about specifics because I fully intend to write this in the future))
  • Aerith and Leon have secretly been siblings this whole time, and oh my god, the thought of this dynamic is absolutely destroying me, (aka it's really REALLY good)
I need to continue in a not-bullet-point-list about this

The short explanation is basically: Raine and Aerith's mom were good friends, so, I decided that it would make sense if Aerith's mom just took in Squall after Raine died. The resulting thoughts I've had about Aerith/Leon siblings have been reaaallyyyy good and proved that it was, a good idea.

You can check out either of their character pages for more details, or their tags on my tumblr! (Aerith's, Leon's)---specifically Leon's on tumblr, he got the beef of new ideas / explanations.

You wanna be sad about the aftermath of Zack's death ft devastating Aerith/Leon sibling feels? I got you covered, because, I like pain.

ASASch57 and DIch102 were both edited to better reflect the Aerith/Leon sibling dynamic, and in the future I'll most likely tweak more chapters of Dead Inside for this reason (and only this reason, I can't, rewrite all of Dead Inside, that would take years of time I don't have).

Also, more oneshots ft them and sibling feels are probably to come, I have one and mind and one all plotted out to be written, lmao. I'm real deep into this.


ANYWAY I GOT NO TIME FOR A YOUTUBE OR A FANMIX SO, LET'S JUST


CHAPTER TIME!!!

read here

tumblr taaaag


LESSAGO





There was actually going to be a Yen Sid to Sora about Shad convo here buuuuuuuut it was kinda written to go Before Shad Was Revealed, but now that he’s very actively working within Sora’s heart this is, not, a convo I want to touch with a ten foot pole.


Lmao but there was “I sense your destinies are deeply intertwined…” “he’s dead” “well I mean I could be wrong it’s not like any of my other abilities of foresight work anymore” and that was really good B))) but, irrelevant, now



You probably don’t care but since I nearly put this on tumblr only to not finish bc spoilers:

I was leaning towards Riku or Namine’s POV for this chap and decided to go with Namine’s finally because her Full Feelings on Riku being back haven’t actually been touched,

NOT THAT THEY, REALLY, WERE,,,, but,,,

She just seemed like the better option.

((Also it dragged out the reveal of "Riku's from a parallel universe, that's the reason" a lil.))


It feels strange to call Yen Sid a wizard?? Probably because sorcerer is the word used for him elsewhere, now that I think about it

Though now it feels strange to say sorcerer and not add the ess at the end so it’s sorceress, thanks, ff8


OH, I GUESS,,,,, I never thought about this at length, and none of this I’m about to say is definitive canon, but I think probably a universe can cope w people jaunting back and forth for short trips and stuff, maybe?? So like, if you’re only in another universe for a day or less and don’t do anything Ridiculously Important (like, kill someone) it’s probably not going to make a huge enough impact for “the stars” to go UHHH WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW THE FUTURE’S GOING TO GO FROM THERE

So, theoretically, in magik’s universe, Yen Sid can read the stars just fine, though a missing Vexen may impact it a bit

REGARDLESS, THOUGH, RIKU’S MERE EXISTENCE IN THIS UNIVERSE SHOOK THINGS UP BECAUSE HE STAYED, AND IT’S NOT EVEN LIKE,,, the stars don’t predict the future, the stars have the entire course of the future written in them,, BUT WHEN THE COURSE OF A UNIVERSE’S FUTURE IS FRIKKED UP BY AN OUTSIDE FORCE AKA RIKU, THE FUTURE THE STARS TELL IS NO LONGER ACCURATE

So Yen Sid can't get an accurate reading from the stars anymore. Not for the future. He can see the present pretty okay still, just not Riku (and, not Vexen)


This is actually one of my favorite FtPverse thoughts. The fact that Yen Sid can't see anything about Riku. I like it a lot.


This was kinda important?? Or, you might find it interesting, anyway.

Riku shrugs
“I mean. yeah. it’s real. I don’t need to go get concrete proof do I because while I could go get Vexen for you that’s only one not-exactly-reliable person and I don’t think I could go back to the other—”
“we believe you, Riku,” Mickey breaks in “I talked with, uh, Vexen about it and he’s reliable enough in my opinon” 
((RIKU JUST DOESN’T THINK VEXEN’S RELIABLE, THAT’S ALL))
“and it would certainly explain why the stars know nothing about you” Yen Sid trusts Mickey, along with his own senses



“Shouldn’t this be serious? Shouldn’t you not say boobs?” I see your argument but consider: they are 15  years old and if were they normal kids / I could put up with it they’d be making jokes that were a lot worse. Kairi asking if Yen Sid can see her when she pees and Sora saying “boobs” is pretty tame, really.

No comments: