Thursday, May 14, 2015

ATR ch29 - Aqua's POV!!

Sorry this is a little late, magik's in town, so I kept forgetting!!!

I was really excited for this chapter because I've always enjoyed writing things from Aqua's POV!

If you're curious

Remember how I made a "life-story" mix for Shad?

I made one for Riku, too


If you haven't yet

You should really read ASAS ch35 (Aqua vs Xehanort)

And also ASAS ch82, which I mentioned last blog post (Aqua escaping the Dark Realm)

Oh and maybe ASAS ch10 which is Aqua meeting Sora/Kairi???




art // tracklist

I'm pretty proud of this mix, too!! I'm pretty proud of most of my mixes lately, tbh. It's also relevant to this chapter because BBS.


Chapter time!

Read ATRch29

ATRch29 tag




I’M WRITING FROM AQUAS POV….. I’M SO GLAD…… I LOVE AQUA………..

People who know about Xehanort returning: 
  • Riku, but he doesn’t think it’s a big deal
  • Mickey
  • Yen Sid
  • Aqua/Ven bc Mickey told them that Terra would be returning w/ Xehanort
  • Namine (she wasn't there when magik's characters told Riku, but he told her in DIch190 or so. He mentioned Xehanort coming back, then Larxene)
  • Even and Vexen obviously



Sora and Kairi do not know

I also, when I initially wrote this list, put "Aerith potentially knows, but only as of these past few chapters, and only if she asked Riku after Even mentioned Xehanort" WHICH, SHE DID NOT, THIS CHAPTER CONFIRMS SHE DIDN'T KNOW UNTIL RIGHT NOW

((I just hadn't determined that yet))


I’m ReAdressing things that were already in ASAS, but, like, I can’t be certain every reader has read ASAS, and if Robert Jordan’s books are any clue, you’re supposed to reiterate Important Information when it comes up in a New book, so, here we are


I was going to have Riku mention he knew Xehanort was coming back, but then it wasn't flowing, and then magik said I could probably use it, and then I shifted it around so Namine said they knew instead, and, somehow, I felt a lot better about it

This note about Sora

ALSO THERE WAS A THOUGHT OF SORA LIKE WANTING TO HEAR IT BC HE IS REALLY INVESTED THEN HAVING TO STOP HIMSELF “NO!! NO!!! IT’S NOT MY MESSAGE TO HEAR!!! IT’S FINE!!! BYE!!!”


I won’t be able to explain this in canon because no one (except maybe Xehanort) understands Terra’s “feelings” enough to explain them. Terra is clairvoyant, which is something I believe I’ve brought up before—definitely on tumblr, and I think on this blog as well. Yeah, I did here.

His ability to “see the future” is something that’s poked at a few times within BBS, most notably when he speaks to Riku, but it also happens when he visits the Badlands (I think, for the first time.)
In FtPverse, this ability is less “seeing” and more “feelings” which make them harder to make sense of. He also only gets them once for any given person/place/thing, and only gets them if said person/place/thing has a strong enough “aura” or whatever. The Badlands obviously has such, and while he never meets Riku in FtPverse, there being no Riku to meet, I’d imagine in KH canon Riku has such an “aura” that would make Terra’s clairvoyance kick in

The reason he hasn’t had any feelings “since he and Aqua were kids” is because he only got them ONCE per thing, and 
I feel like the wayfinder trio lived something of a secluded life largely on Land of Departure, so he never interacted with new things for his feelings to trigger. He probably got some during the events of BBS (probably from Maleficent, at least, if not anything else) but he wasn’t around anyone to tell them about it


((I also figure he met Xehanort once when he was much younger, which is why he never got any bad feelings about Xehanort during the events of BBS—his “once per thing”  was used up already, and if he did get bad feelings about Xehanort then, it would be long enough ago that he did not remember))


It's been nearing six months since Aqua got out of the Dark Realm, since she got out at the end of Falling to Pieces, but her sense of time is skewed and she doesn't concretely know how long it's been so she's just like "WELL OVER TIME SINCE I GOT OUT OF THE DARK REALM IT'S BEEN EASIER TO THINK ABOUT TERRA"

Ven is actually only two years younger than Terra, and four younger than Aqua! He's 17, Terra (was) 19, Aqua's sitting around 21 or so (there was a four year gap before BBS)

I explain their ages / my reasoning for putting Ven so old here (TL;DR --> it fixes my "but if he gets help from Sora's heart after Vanitas is split from him and Sora's a newborn, that means he would've had to been 8 years old, and that's fricked up. 10 years old is still fricked up, but a little less, at least")


And that's all I can think of!!! Plus it's getting late at night and I need to shift my attention to something else!!!


No comments: