Sunday, May 10, 2015

ATR ch28 - Aqua and Ven!!

I'm so glad for this chapter!! I'm really happy to be introducing Aqua and Ven into FtPverse mainstream, because I love them both a lot!! They won't have huge roles throughout ATR, but they'll be around again, for sure.

Now's a good time to, if you haven't yet:

Read Aqua leaving the Dark Realm in FtPverse

Read the Aqua/Ven sparring thing that touches on how powerful Aqua's gotten


Have an Aqua mix I'm pretty proud of!!!

A mix for the girl trapped ten years in the hell dimension, for the endless hours walking paths that all look the same, for thinking she’d never see the sun again, for all the nights she could not rest lest her heart be consumed
tracklist: http://rarmaster.tumblr.com/post/114164221195/

(My favorite in the mix is Carry Me Home but really they all make me cry about her tbh)


Chapter time!

Read ATR ch28

ATR ch28 tag




The convo about Sora’s scar was supposed to go slightly different, but when I was actually writing it it flowed differently.

Aqua’s first move in ftpverse mainstream is casually decimating a horde of heartless B))))

Sora had a more rambly thing about terra’s wayfinder but I wasn’t feeling it So Much when I got to actually writing it

For clarification on timing: it’s been closer to two months since the Neverland thing aka DIch135 

The thing is Aqua has become terrible at keeping time since making it out of the Dark Realm, and Ven just wasn't that good to begin with (same with Sora) and the conversation went elsewhere before they could really discuss it (which is okay)


OHHH!!! OH when I realized that I’d have to have Ven/Sora about Vanitas (just about him and Ven feeling him, not about them discussing Shad) while Aqua was around I’d kind of planned to have her Really Press Ven about it bc she knows the memory of Vanitas bugs him but he never says why (and since he’s already talking about it…)

Also she knew Vanitas and Ven being hopeful, longing when he’s brought up again kind of has her go ??????????

BUT ANYWAY I shifted things around again and it ended up more like the Initial Draft of the convo which only had Sora and Ven


I had Thoughts about Sora getting and talking to the charm and his dad being like “yo what’s that” and he’s like “THIS MAGIC THING HERE LOOK” “son take it back” “SEE SEE SEE IT’S MAGIC IT’S WORKING” “son seriously I think it wants to go with you” “THIS ISN’T THE BEST PROOF BUT HA!!! HA!!!!”

If Ven had not gone w/ Sora, I probably would’ve put that in, honestly


Here's my initial thoughts for it, actually:

(as he’s on his way to his house/running up the stairs)
Sora: hold on, I’m coming! Quiet down, sheesh. Sorry I left you here. If you wanted to go with me, you should’ve said something!
(he picks up the charm, turning it over in his hands, chuckles. Terra says nothing, but the spell nags him)
Sora: I just have to give you to her, right?
(pause, but he receives no answer?)
Sora: Kay, I will. As soon as I see her

SDad: Son, who are you talking to?
Sora: *holds up the charm*
SDad: it talks…?
Sora: Here (hands it to his father)
SDad: (examines it for a second, grimaces) I think you should have this back, son
Sora: See? Haha! *dances slightly* Why?
SDad: I… don’t know. I just feel like I need to give it back to you
Sora: That’s the spell working! I felt the same thing when I first saw it—an inexplicable need to have it
SDad: I want to give it back to you, though
Sora: That’s because I need to take it to someone. I can’t do that if you have it.
SDad: Take it back
Sora: (laughs and takes it from his father) Impatient, are you? (he asks it, teasingly)
(It strains in his hand, causing him to stumble slightly)
Sora: Okay, okay, I’m going! Be back later, dad!
SDad: where are you going?
Sora: To give this to the person I need to give it to.


Honestly, this was from frikken ages ago when book 5 started off with Aqua dropping in on Destiny Islands (without Ven for some reason) and told everyone about Xehanort returning and then they were gonna go to HB but then Sora realized before they left "OH I FORGOT A THING I'LL MEET YOU THERE", etc

I MEAN IT STILL COULDA GONE NOW but Ven/Sora convo is more important.

GEEZE THOUGH in that initial draft Riku/Namine still lived on Destiny Islands lmmmao


The original book 5 drafts are a riot, honestly, I'll post 'em when I've finished ATR (if I remember)


No comments: