Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nothing's Fair Chapters 10-15

Well I guess five six chapters in one thing isn't too bad (most of the chapters only have two notes, anyway, which is why I'm doing multiple chapters at once besides otherwise having to do a commentary a day)

Nothing's Fair Chapters

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

NFRW Tag for this portion (Page 8 + 9)


This album vaguely reminds me of FtPverse RokuShi and Nothing's Fair in general... Uh the lyrics are hard to understand (which is unfortuante), but, you can read them all here. It helps line out the story... which like I said.... Reminds me of RokuShi (I could see as a FtP RokuShi AU sweats)

Anyway

Chapter Commentary



Chapter 10

While Fred the heartless would’ve been an interesting scene to write flow wise it’s better off in ASAS

The thoughts I had on it, though:

Xion throwing a fit at Roxas “YOU KILLED HIM YOU KILLED HIM HOW COULD YOU” and Roxas just “LAKDSJFLSJF I DIDN’T MEAN TO HE WAS JUST IN TH WAYYYYYYYYYY” and the two of them on their knees clutching each other fake crying about a heartless they only remotely care about “WHYYYY” “HE WAS SO YOUNG” “LIFE IS CRUEL” “but seriously roxas how could you”

If you're wondering where Fred even came from, this was a thing that was mentioned in the Original Nothing's Fair, and was one of those things I Couldn't Cut Completely. I still couldn't have fit it in this Nothing's Fair take, though. Sorry.


I kind of important note from the R/7 conversation that didn't make it in

--I’m not an idiot I know saix isn’t as lenient as Vexen. It’s amazing how lenient Vexen was. I’m surprised we survived the Demyx virus
--really? I’m surprised we survived the 6 virus!

And the thing is, about Vexen being lenient, at least about the viruses (bc he knew), he just...

He started talking to R about them and he saw the spark in her eye because he’s a creator too and he understands the thrill she gets from making them he understands
So he tells her:
“I wont stop you, but promise this—none that kill”
“Got it”
“None as obnoxious as the demyx virus”
“Got it”
“And dear lord none as serious as the 6 virus”
“Yeah I don’t plan on making another one like that ever again that was dumb of me in hindsight”
“Then you’re good”

I almost had 7 make R come up to them “bc we’re dealing with sensitive info aka Xion not being dead that I can’t discuss over the com system” but that lead to R looking at Xion’s file and while 7 did indirectly inspire her to make the Xion virus he can’t KNOW that he did because that messes with plot (plus he’d try to talk her out of it) and since it was better he didn’t know it was better if they discussed it over the com-system

If she did come up there was going to be a bit where 7 was gonna be like “do you want to look at her data maybe you’ll puzzle something out I couldn’t” and R was like “yes PLEASE” real eager and then 7 realizes what he’s doing grabs her by the hood of her cloak pulls her back “actually nevermind I’m not giving you any ideas”


Though, I mean, honestly, I don’t see how Xemnas doesn’t know about Xion anyway don’t they monitor Roxas on missions?? ((his opinion on Xion is really, basically “yay another Keyblade she’s not screwing anything up so what’s it matter” which is what Roxas/Axel expected it to be and they aren’t wrong))

AND TBH 7’S JUST BEING CAREFUL HE DOESN’ T WANT ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO HER he takes after Vexen (ftpverse Vexen) in that way—Vexen didn’t mention the Weapons for fear the idea would be shot down. He didn’t want to bring them up until he was sure they’d be fully functional, until he had something to show, until he had a reason to be proud and not knocked down by Xemnas’s disapproving glare

ALSO VEXEN WAS GENERALLY VERY PROTECTIVE OF HIS REPLICAS THAT’S HOW R SURVIVED THAT’S HOW THEY SURVIVED HER VIRUSES THAT’S WHY 6 IS STILL ALIVE

HE WAS VERY VERY PROTECTIVE AND DID NOT LIKE KILLING THEM UNLESS IT WAS THE ONLY OPTION LEFT


Chapter 11

“So is R actually doing this to help 7/because 7 asked?” [turns dramatically to look directly at the camera]

“The basics yeah but 7 won’t tell me any specifics” FOR GOOD REASON

 This though:

“YEAH OMG HE’S JUST KILLING LARXEES HE SAW ONE THE OTHER DAY DROVE A BLADE THROUGH HER GUT ABD THEN HE WAS LIKE [riku voice] next Larxene I see gets the same treatment under stood and everyone else just [mocking voice] yes sir ofcourse sir would you like me to wash your feet too  sir

Laughs I’m so so so so glad for R so glad for all of this

Magik’s reply to this chapter consisted entirely of “wow, R. wow.”


Chapter 13

I didn’t even start this intending it to be from Roxas’s pov but. Okay.
((I didn’t even realize what I was doing tbh until I was like five or so paragraphs in and then I was like ahhhh yes))

Why do I capitalize Code and not data? I’m…. I’m not sure.


Chapter 14

I meant to make a post on tumblr about it but after Roxas was like “talking to Xemnas makes me so clammy it’s infuriating but he’s kind of scary” I had a passing thought though of Roxas being like “but familiar….??” Which isn’t concrete nor exactly canon but basically ~Ven feelings about Terra~ seeping through and I was Upset

Was either of those Xigbar’s clone? I can neither confirm nor deny

Axel’s body language is fascinatingly easy to write and also leaves me realizing that everyone else’s is severely lacking

At first I was going to make the other Vexen 2 but then it occurred to me, why shouldn’t it be 23


Chapter 15

There is a chance Roxas knows (more concretely) about Neverland because Ven. just. saying.

It’s habitual to go magical =/= logical but you have to remember that KHverse is a verse where magic is a part of (near) every day life and therefore is completely 100% logical in so many ways

I’m laughin tho

“alright, fine, I believe you, but we gotta find that fairy first”
“pixie”
“does it matter??”
Tink comes out of nowhere at high speed kicks Xion in the ear
“OW”


Suddenly I can write for Tink and I am so glad???

Just so we’re clear—Peter Pan himself couldn’t be around bc if he had been he would’ve remembered Roxas when he showed up in Dead Inside. His memory’s not great, but it’s certainly not terrible enough that he’d forget Roxas after only a few months. Forgetting Ven after seven years? That’s another story entirely

I didn’t intend for this to take a full chapter but okay then

Tried a lil harder with body language


I know you’re gonna be yelling at Xion but as dumb and irrational as her thought process is, it’s 100% legit (and I say this having thought like she was thinking before)

I mean, it’s not healthy, but…. It’s legit

No comments: