Saturday, January 3, 2015

ATR ch13 commentary

I wouldn't call this chapter my favorite chapter of the sequence but I do definitely love it a lot because of Reasons which I will get to in a few paragraphs.

Magik's side (this time from her Namine's POV) is over in Remnants ch67

She got all sappy about how she's happy to be a part of this and I can only happily reaffirm that I'm so glad we got to do this and while this isn't my favorite chapter for being a Great or Exciting part of the sequence or whatever, it does cover something really close to my heart, so....



I.... I'm always really embarrassed to admit how bad I've got it for RepliNami but GOSH if it wasn't my first KH ship it was definitely my first "I WILL SHIP THIS TIL I DIE" ship and ugh I'm

I don't want to ramble too much about this mix right here because I'm actually going to a break down of this mix in my next post (in fact, here is a link to the next post with me babbling) but to put it simply: RepliNami is probably my favorite ship and I'm so so so glad we got to develop it to this point in FtPverse---that they got a happy ending, even if it was not with each other, and there's really no bitterness left between them.

I'm glad FtPverse exists IF ONLY to have developed my favorite ship that far

Granted, I understand that currently this mix is more resolution than the chapter was, but I know that she says they've changed and moved on, and while his feelings haven't been touched yet, I know how Riku feels in response. She says it and he looks at her and he agrees without a moment's hesitation. "You're right. We're different now. I may still love you, and I may always love you, but I'm willing to let you go."

Sighs.

Read ATR ch13 here

ATR ch13 tag



Gosh I did all that rambling about RepliNami when in reality this chapter is just as much about my Namiku

And if you're wondering why I didn't do this from Riku's POV (especially just to get his opinion on magik's Namine's "we've moved on"), well...

This just has so much more impact from Namine's POV. Like, I could've done Kairi's, but we already know why this frustrates her. We've covered why Namine stumbling over herself to keep from angering Riku frustrates her.
I could've done Riku's, too, but that's also unnecessary. His feelings about magik's Namine can be touched later. The only other thing I would've gotten from him is all his bitterness and anger and that is also something we don't need to be in his head to understand. His anger is blatantly obvious, and we understand why, if not because we've known him for five years and can predict him, then because Namine knows him well enough to predict him as well.

But touching this from Namine's POV, and seeing how Riku's anger affects her.... that's what's important, for this sequence. That is the bones of this. It's about Larxene, yes, but it's about so much more than that.


I probably should stop tooting my own horn so much (and let the novel speak for itself) but it really hits me how magik's Namine stutters over this too, stutters over explaining to my Riku, and how my Namine sees it and, exactly, she says. "It was nice to know she was just as tongue-tied, speaking to him, Namine supposed. Or was it terrifying?"

Even magik has her Namine hesitate and think "now how to phrase this without completely setting him off?"

She knows just as well as my Namine does that he is a ticking bomb, and a wrong word in the wrong spot could be disastrous

Namine consistently refer to magik's Riku as anything?? pfffffffff
(She doesn't want to call him Real Thing, but at the same time, it's habit)


“If you want to help us take care of her” – that is actually a surefire way to turn him off from the idea of him getting/using your help. “if you want to help us” THAT IMPLIES YOU ARE GOING TO BE DOING THE WORK AND HE IS ONLY HELPING HE IS ONLY HELPING
HE DOESN’T WANT TO JUST HELP
HE WANTS TO DO EVERYTHING
IF YOU HELP HIM? FINE
BUT HE WON’T HELP YOU
UGHOSFJFFFFFF
Proof that Riku is basically a five-year-old at heart

P r o o f

((if him LEGITIMATELY covering his hands with his ears wasn't enough proof, anyway)



“Because if you think I don’t care about you, you’re stupid” bye

I think magik gave me that line and I hurt

“I got over my fear of Larxene and stood up to her” wow that is a low blow suggesting that he isn’t over his fear of her
But then again
He isn’t
(magik also gave me that one)

I always expect magik's Namine to say “NO LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS” when Riku’s like “the pain Larxene put US through” but she doesn’t


And I know I've already said it, and I know that this chapter is in just as many ways about my Namiku as it is about my Riku and magik's Namine (if not more so), I just

I am so glad that this happened, that their relationship was able to come to this. I'm so glad she tells him that they've both changed, that they've both moved on, I'm so glad it was able to develop like this. I'm so glad.

No comments: