Monday, January 12, 2015

All That Remains ch17 commentary

I'm not sure if I ever made a post about me playing Kingdom Hearts 2?? Well, I have been, and I'm nearing the end of the game!! Of course, since this is Final Mix, I have a lot of post-game stuff to get to, but, yanno!

Me livebloggin kh2fm can be found here, if you want it.


This playlist probably goes best with the first half of the sequence (chapters 11-14ish) ((if not goes best with the initial draft of the sequence laughs whoops)) buuuut better to have it late than never

This was severely inspired by this post

Which is wonderful

And so relevant to this sequence

Also, if you want the image on tumblr as a graphic (((mmmmmade by me!!!))) then it's over here

I've been waiting to post the sequence tag for fear of spoilers, but I'm pretty sure we've hit the point where there are no future chapters to be spoiled!!! So, here is the sequence tag for this sequence!

Read ATRch17

ATRch17 tag



Magik's corresponding chapter is Remnants chapter 71, though it doesn't really provide information that my chapter hasn't already??? If you feel that. It's not from Axel/Roxas/Xion's POV so yanno w/e ((Though I think Axel's POV of this is covered in a later chapter))

I am well aware that the HB gang not thinking that through well enough (as in, to make sure someone stayed with Riku) is a problem, but, uh

Maybe Leon was thinking about it but figured he'd get the ethers to Aerith first and then head back inside. In the initial draft I addressed him staying inside w/ Riku so I'm not entirely sure why I didn't this time around....

I mean

Besides

Plot


Namine accidentally calling magik’s Riku “Real Thing” is so much fun

And I’m really upset I didn’t get a chance to have her call him Real Thing out loud like
“REAL THING!!! I- I mean!. You. That Riku. Sorry”

And he just shrugs “don’t worry about it. I’ve been called worse”


Namine wanted so bad to call Vexen a bloody coward here. The initial line was “oh, let’s see, I can’t fight, you’re a bloody coward, and no offense to Aerith, but I doubt she can pull both our weight”
Which I think is exactly the same minus the bloody


The interlude of Riku/Larxene I thought up in the car I think. tbh. I was like “I should put something there” “naahhhh I can’t even think of anything” “WAIT ACTUALLY SOMETHING”
It may have been longer initially (though I can't find where I wrote it down.....) but short and sweet and vague seemed like the better route in the end

If it were a movie or whatever, likely, it’d just be a black screen while you could hear that in the background. Just saying. ((Or vague camera shots with the voices being the only clear thing))


“that squall kid seemed pretty reliable” “leon” “what?” “his name’s leon” “really? I could’ve sworn he was that squall kid I met—” “no he’s squall he just goes by leon” “oh”

There may have also been a comment like “you’re one to talk Vexen when it comes to changing names” but flow. Keeping the Squall thing hurts flow enough as is, honestly


“but when did Vexen meet Leon” obvs not this universe’s Leon and it hasn’t happened canonically obvs or in magik’s canon BUT I mean they lived on the same world them meeting long enough to give each other names in passing isn’t impossible

((That or lil Ienzo knowing him/his name and telling Vexen back when he was Even))


“wouldn’t Aerith know him as Even” WELL NOT NECESSARILY 
She knows him better from Riku’s description of him than a chance meeting with him years ago—also they’ve all met 29 they know what Vexen looks like they know that 29 is a Vexen Replica she knows Vexen is a person and with what Riku said Vexen is the most logical conclusion here 

And we are past the point for her to go “wasn’t his name Even” because this may be the first time she’s seen him but not the first she’s heard of him and with Squall insisting to go as Leon I COULD GO ON


No comments: