Monday, December 15, 2014

HI WELCOME TO MY FAVORITE SEQUENCE (ATR ch11)

This is the Big Crossover Sequence I have been talking about for a bit, and I'm sure it's obvious why I'm so excited about it--if it isn't clear in this chapter, it certainly will be later.

Magik's side of this chapter (written from her Kairi's POV) can be found here, in Remnants ch61

Obviously, you don't have to read it to know what's going on, at least concerning my side and ATR's plot as a whole. Sure, you'll be missing some details (like about a certain nort), but those details are not relevant to ATR, they are relevant to her Remants.
We wrote it this way on purpose, so that readers who aren't fans of both our fics can get the Important Plot (and this is Very Important Plot) without having to entirely put up with a crossover

I mean, it's still a crossover, and that can't be changed. But, we don't have to redirect you to Can't Escape to read it and understand what's going on, and risk readers not understanding our own separate plots because they didn't read it.

Fantastic.




I know I've already posted this playlist, but I'm posting it again because I was listening to it while editing this sequence (I wrote it before starting ATR, so I had to go back and check for continuity stuff) and it made me really emotional about Riku

I also want you to keep in mind that Riku is only 15, has only been alive for a little over a year, and is for all intents and purposes, still a child

I want that knowledge, along with the weight of his actions, to sink in.

Of course, I'm not saying what he's doing is okay. I'll be the last person to say that. But I think the fact that he's only 15 adds a little more gravity to this situation, and I want you to keep it in mind because I remembered that and it absolutely ruined me.

What is the point of writing fic if I only ruin my own emotions, and not those of my readers, too?

Read ATR ch11

ATR ch11 tag




NNNNNNN I DON’T LIKE WRITING THIS SEQUENCe I mean I love this sequence it’s just really. painful. To write. What Riku’s doing. it’s made my skin crawl ever since I thought it up and it’s justhh hhhhh elajrlsfnlsekjrwahhh I don’t like it but

I had to write it because you—the readers—needed to know what was going on to know what he was doing to know what was so bad about it

But that didn’t make it any easier to write


IAMX is a very strange band but omg it fits the tone of this perfectly tbh
            (also the name makes me think “I am master xehanort” every single time)


IT’S NOT JUST COMFORTING TO SEE HER DISGRUNTLED BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHE WON’T BE THINKING AS CLEARLY/WHATEVER IT’S COMFORTING BECAUSE THE DARKNESS IN RIKU CAN LOOK AT THE DARKNESS IN LARXENE AND GO. OH YEAH. I’VE DONE SOME NICE WORK ON THAT damn it all


THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THIS SEQUENCE and remembering that Riku’s still only 15 physically and who knows how many years less mentally but he’s got it in his head for revenge he’s still treating Larxene like this still going through with this he’s
He’s
What Larxene did to him wasn’t okay but him reciprocating it onto her is even less okay


I just


Fun fact: in magik's canon, Larxene's eyes are full-gold. I would've stayed true to that, had I not felt it implied Larxene had been norted. She has not been, but readers who have not read magik's fic would not be aware of that, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Granted, I have considered a Larxene!Nort AU....... not in depth but "what if she was norted in this??" which honestly ends in my Riku getting norted because he definitely doesn't stand a chance against Xehanort, especially not when it's Xehanort combined with Larxene, and Larxene knows all his weaknesses


I never wrote any, but assume there has been general (lesser) heartless battles going on in HB. Someone out doing rounds every day. Someone plus Riku out doing rounds every day. Someone that isn’t Namine.

Wondering for a second how Larxene didn’t pick Riku and Real Thing apart
Remembers that my Riku is now Real Thing’s height because he had his growth spurt (I think his hair's a little shorter, but when that's the only difference besides the whole radiating-darkness thing? It's not that easy to tell.)

I don’t know what’s with these metaphors (first balloons, now gum) but okay y’know. That’s fine. They’re pretty accurate, even if they hardly work in-universe. I’m getting the point across to you right?
(Riku has always been a piece of gum on her shoe, to her, though)


WOW RIKU OKAY “SOON SHE’D BE BEGGING FOR HIM TO STOP” WOW. WOW I’M not even surprised I just. this infuriates me.

Oh my gosh I’m so upset about this I’m so upset about him he’s just a child he’s 15-years-old and really kind of younger mentally and look at how fucked up he is look at how much she fucked him up look at how much abuse fucks you up this is horrible this is
This is horrible
Horrible



Tbh I’m looking at this combination of people and even though Kairi’s thinking “oh it can’t hurt” I’m….. a little…..
Real Thing and magik’s Namine are probably the last people my Riku wanna see but. Yanno.
(plus putting him and magik’s Namine in the same room with Larxene has bad idea written all over it but okay whatever we’re fine. It’ll be great.)


Kairi actually has a pouch on her hip and that was PROBABLY where the star shard went. Then again. I doubt she wears her book 5 outfit exactly 24/7 and she’s probably missing her gloves right now and very much regretting it ((unless she hasn’t quite bought anything battle prepared quite yet))

Still she likely doesn’t have the pouch/gloves rn in fact she’s lucky if she has shoes because she definitely did not have time to stop and the chances of her actually wearing full battle stuff in the middle of a game of cards with Sora—

I’M OVER THINKING THIS OF COURSE AND IT'S HARDLY RELEVANT BUT Y’KNOW JUST FOOD FOR GENERAL THOUGHT

Also I’m sure Cloud/Tifa plus the whole HB game will eventually tell her/everyone that it’s best if you are as prepared for battle as you can be 24/7 because with this life you’re leading you’re going to get unpleasant calls at god awful times of day and you can’t always take the time to stop and grab your armor or put on shoes

Kairi learns from this day on to wear her shoes basically always because that was a close call she could’ve gone into this barefoot and that would’ve been horrible


AWWWW MAGIK'S NAMINE DOESN’T REFER TO MY RIKU AS "THE OTHER RIKU" OR "THE RIKU REPLICA" SHE JUST SAYS RIKU AWWWWWWW
I'M SORRY I GUESS THIS MAKING ME AS HAPPY AS IT DOES IS A LITTLE WEIRD??

No comments: