Sunday, December 14, 2014

ATR ch10 commentary

This is probably a little late but I was much busier yesterday than I'd intended to be so......

I've moved on to Aqua's story of BBS, though I haven't gotten far! Though the latest bit of the tag has had a lot of musing and meta bloggin so check that out?


I have been meaning to post this for forever but I keep forgetting/having other mixes to post

But this is a really neat instrumental mix featuring tracks from the game and tracks with similar themes/tones that all together makes it sorta like playing Twilight Princess without, y'know, playing Twilight Princess (or listening to the Twilight Symphony)

It's really good!!!

Chapter Time bc I don't have a lot of room to babble I have other things I need to do today

Read ATR ch10

ATR ch10 tag




There isn't much commentary wise for this chapter but there is extra content

Initially, for Sora, I was going to have  few paragraphs explaining how he'd been avoiding his parents, later descending into Kairi's Bday party and how he was glad he had more munny than he'd ever had before because it meant he didn't have to ask his parents

But it killed my flow something awful, and it was going to end in the nightmare anyway, so I figured why not start with the nightmare?

If you want those first few paragraphs I actually have them saved
            Sora’d been avoiding his parents, for the most part. He knew it wasn’t the best tactic, after the other night, but every time he was near them, he just got frustrated again. He feared for their safety more than he didn’t want to be near them. They at least believed he hadn’t really meant to shout, that he’d just caught in the moment, though they still didn’t believe him when he said he’d been in another world. That was still frustrating.
            And hopefully, that’s all that’s frustrating me… I don’t know what it was the other night, but I thought my darkness was pretty in check!
            They didn’t ban him from going to Kairi’s either, though he had a sinking suspicion that was because they knew he and Kairi could meet up anywhere on this island.
            Do they really think I’m secretly dating her or something? Boy I hope not. And how would that explain the six month absence, anyway? If I could just talk to them… if they could just listen!
            The annoyance writhed in him like a snake, along with whatever was bred with it. A sick feeling in his stomach was all he could really describe it as. It didn’t feel like darkness. He would never forget what darkness felt like, and he was certain whatever squirmed in his chest wasn’t it. It was just…
            At least Kairi’s birthday party went okay. And at least I’d


It cuts off there, but, you get the idea


I also left a note to myself to post the brainstorm for Sora's nightmare so
do you want to play a game?It’s Luxord who asks and Sora writhes at the thought
But he’s not controlling his limbs he doesn’t even have a chance to
His limbs are on strings like a marionette and his Shadow is pulling the strings
It’s not even Luxord he’s fighting it’s maleficent???
Fool boy, you’d be better off serving me!Luxord and his Shadow playing some dumb game, using him and Maleficent as pieces
I’m doing this because I love you, his shadow says I’m doing this because I love you
That’s even worse to hear
IF YOU LOVE ME WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME??I’m doing this because I love youAnd then he’s on his knees before his parents
Crying
Please just listen to me please I wouldn’t lie to youI’m doing this because I love youSora there’s no such thing as other worlds!WHY WON’T YOU LSITEN TO ME??I’m doing this because I love youYou cannot hide from meThat is a different voice, a voice that jolts him out of it, a voice that is more felt than heard, that makes all the other images fade
He seems to be in a grey mist
He can hardly see a foot in front of him, perhaps he waves a hand in front of his face to judge that
He can see a dark shape in the distance though
A shape that looks vaguely
Like a wolf
Don’t I recognize that shape…?If you thought you could hide from me, Mahtas, you were a fool.


And actually I see now why I wanted to post this it's very stream of consciousness and probably how Sora remembers the dream in hindsight---though I have to say I'm quite proud of how the nightmare in full turned out


That's really all there is to say??

I guess I could clarify about Sora vs Shad's battle stance:

Sora holds his Keyblade like we expect him to, in two hands at his center with a low stance

Shad holds his Keyblade much like Aqua or Mickey would, at his side, though much more casually. His chains are in his left hand, of course, and they are the main reason his stance is not a carbon copy of Sora's (or, say, Vanitas's)

Sora and Shad actually do the same combo, though, the only difference is that Shad does it onehanded and Sora does it with two


Yeah. Other than that there isn't anything else. Happy Holiday season and all that! Time to make homemade ornaments for a party that's in six hours.

No comments: