Friday, December 5, 2014

ATR ch 7 commentary

Right!! There's nothing to address update wise, so let's get started



((tracklist along with source for the art are aqui))

I kept somehow forgetting to post this mix??? somehow???? I'm not sure how but.... the events relevant to this mix have already started!!!
Admittedly, the mix does bleed into parts farther than part 1 of All that Remains, but like I said, the events have already started! This needed to go up now!

Anyway, if it isn't obvious, this mix is about Namiku and how their relationship evolves/will evolve/is evolving throughout All that Remains

I could gush at length about it, but the most important song to consider from it, at least at the moment, is Which to Bury, us or the Hatchet, and maybe you laugh a little at that because "rar it's a Relient K song" and, yeah, it is, and yeah, I guess they have gotten that sorta reputation

But while a lot of these songs are really relevant to them (don't get me started about Under the Tide or Make this go on Forever), Which to bury, is extremely relevant to what's going on right now.
"The memories you select: you keep the bad but the good you just forget" alllllloong with "I tried to hold your hand, you'd rather hold your grudge"
And though I can't quite in depth explain why it's relevant right now, I'm hoping it's pretty obvious/will get obvious as time goes on

Chapter Time!

read ATRch7

ATRch7 tag (there's not a lot but lately most chapters haven't had a lot)




I dunno if you're interested in writing music I listened to for this chapter, but while writing this one (and, well, most chapters with Namine) I nonstop listened to this mix (which was created purely so I could listen to that kind of music to write to), though this mix is a continuation of the other mix and had I created it sooner than I had I would've listened to it too

"What the heck is 'music c'??" well I shouldn't really be spending time at all on shameless and irrelevant advertisement, but I made music tags on my personal tumblr to sort songs by style/tone and music c is "calm or soft pop" or well what you'll hear in the music c mixes


I habitually started to write this in Riku’s POV before remembering that I definitely needed to be in Namine's


Aerith’s house does not have a basement. (It may have been implied but never officially stated) And I’m going to keep it that way. The house is near-unreasonably big enough as is. It doesn't need a basement.

If you're wondering why this came up because Cid working in the basement was a thing, or an implied thing, or a thing in magik's universe OR SOMETHING and so I was going to put Cid there. Then, like I said, I decided Aerith's house did not need a basement.


I was on the fence with myself for a while about have Riku kiss Namine on the forehead or not because I wasn't sure if he fully understood the gesture or not
Then I determined enough people had done it to him that he at least generally understood the concept, and while him being confused about affection is Really Important to me, him being inappropriately cute won out.


The initial draft of this had Namine yell “YOU’RE NOT LISTENING” at him but then it occurred to me that would actually get his attention so back to her barely stammering things and not getting a full chance to finish them

Super sensitive hearing? Yes. good attention skills? No.


I FEEL BAD ABOUT ALL THESE UNINTENTIONAL INNUENDOS THEY DO MEAN THIS ALL COMPLETELY 100% INNOCENTLY I PROMSIE what do you expect from Namiku they don’t even know what an innuendo is
(if this was SoKai you’d need to be a little more worried about the innuendos)

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT TIFA AND CLOUD IN THE INITIAL PARAGRAPH. AND THEN REALIZED THAT I HADN’T EVEN MENTIONED THEM IN THE NEXT SEQUENCE. THE BIG SEQUENCE. DIDN’T EVEN REFERENCE THEM ONCE. GO ME. I decided it was easiest to send them off traveling again so I wouldn’t have to deal with them during that sequence

((It's not that I don't like Tifa and Cloud, it's just the sequence had already been finished and it was easier to send them off than to go back and rewrite parts to include them))

That's everything!! See you next chapter commentary!!

No comments: