Friday, September 5, 2014

Chapter 244 commentary + updates

Updates first, per usual

if you missed it, I updated ch87 of Dead Inside, which is the convo where Kairi and her dad talk

"Why did that need to be updated?" well for reasons I've said literally everywhere, including the chapter itself, and my commentary on it.

But, in short, continuity things concerning Destiny Islands + parents


UPDATE NUMERO DOS

Introducing the FtPverse Character Resource!

The FtPverse Character Resource, or as I'll probably call it in the future when I become more lazy, "the ftpcast blog", is a separate blog created to be a holding space for character posts so they don't have to clutter the front page of this blog

The Home page will be updated with every (important) character eventually, but for now you just have the main cast.
Full character bios/character pages will all be put up eventually, too, but as of today it's only Riku's and Shad's and Kairi's. I'll probably put up Namine's or Sora's later this afternoon

All non-character pages (like gallery and playlists) are under construction.

"Rar this is like the third time you've come up with a new format for character pages can't you stick with one already??"
WELL, the reason for this change--which will hopefully be the last--is that it doesn't require much work outside of copy+pasting for me.
The Original Character Corners were great, except, y'know, they're three years old by now. The Updated Character Corners were also great, minus two things:
1) the bio which includes a summary of their role in all the fics
2) lack of my favorite thing when it comes to character pages, namely, a relationships with other characters section

The New Character Pages fix both of these problems--actually, they fix all three.
See, the New Character Pages are basically just copy+pasted info from my character masterdoc, which I keep up-to-date already for my own personal needs. Since I have to update this info for my own uses, it only becomes one smaller extra chore to update the pages online. All I have to do is copy+paste info, like I said.
The Updated Character Corners, on the other hand, required me to go through and write summaries and... that is a lot of extra work for information that doesn't even benefit me.

"Well I liked the bios/summaries of their roles." Did you? Great. Do you want to write them yourself and include links to chapters and all that other stuff? Because, honestly, if you do, I will be more than happy to let you. PM me or place a comment below or send me an ask on tumblr and I'll hook you up with my email so you can send that stuff to me
(I'm not comfortable giving anyone the admin rights to this blog)

moving on

I suppose I could post a playlist but this is long enough as is, so.......

Chapter Time


read ch244 here

ch244 tag on tumblr


I was going to mention Sokai getting food from some of the replicas because obviously they have food in this castle somewhere (Vexen has to be surviving somehow) but it got cut because flow

Namine’s not even gonna bother with the “you tried your hardest and that’s all that matters” she’s gonna cut right to the “okay no this is MY FAULT I was an idiot”

I’M KINDA PROUD OF THAT PARAGRAPH ON THEM HUGGING IT’S SO SIMPLISTIC BUT I FEEL LIKE IT’S SO GOOD?? I don’t have to go in depth on how their bodies press together and yata yata you’ve heard it all before

(though there was a kinda amusing note that Riku could feel Namine exhaling against his chest and he was like “ye I need a new shirt”)


Speaking of clothes, I actually intend to address them getting new ones in book 5. It doesn't make its own scene, but it is definitely mentioned. That's good.

"Hey isn't Namine's dress technically covered in blood I mean she stabbed Riku in the gut and they were basically hugging and" YES TECHNICALLY I mean not now I figure
that 7 was like
"okay change into an org cloak for like twenty minutes so I can wash your dress"
I just
I wasn't sure how to bring that up in-story
and decided
I didn't care enough to try


FUN STORY 
In the original draft of Dead Inside Namiku had their reunion on Destiny Islands, but I decided nah because, y'know
Them having the reunion touching moment scene in CO makes 100000x more sense for convenience (like SoKai’s getting moved--it was initially supposed to happen on Destiny Islands too) and because neither of them have strong ties to Destiny Islands

There may have been a meteor shower in the original draft
but like
the meteor shower didn't even become a big significant thing between the two of them
Like
Initially I had this scene where Namine asked Riku “okay so what’s this good luck charm I keep drawing” and he sheepishly explained it to her and chances were it’d have been after she saw the memory when they kissed so she’d be like “OH YEAH I REMEMBER THAT”
And then there was something real cheesy about “since the memory doesn’t belong to anyone we can just make it our own!!” but nah man not anymore

(And for reference, there isn't actually a full written out "original draft" of Dead Inside. there's a few written scenes, but otherwise, everything concerning the "original/initial draft" is stored somewhere in my head and largely buried by three years of time.)


OH LAUGHS THIS IS RANDOM the word count for this scene--according to MS word anyway--is my birth year still
I remember mentioning on tumblr "hey it's my birth year" but I expected it to have changed because I wrote more or added something or whatever
but nope
it's still my birth year

No comments: