Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fire Emblem Awakening has ruined me (ch237)

I finished watching a playthrough of it and woooow it's a good game and I'd love to play it for myself (largely just because there are are so many choices based on player decisions and I'd play it differently and

however I am broke and want a Wii U a looooooooo t more so unless I see the game somewhere for $10 I ain't getting it soon

Here's the liveblog tag for it if you're interested -- oh, and a link to the playthrough I watched

ANYWAY LETS MOVE ON TO SOKAI FEELIGNS


PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS ALBUM WHILE READING THE CHAPTER THANK YOU


(source) hhhghhghgg SoKai feelings s






omg I love the sokai dynamic I love sokai I love them as bfffs I’m loving this soo so so soso much I ‘m loving them I love them

I CRIED. LEGIT. REAL. HONEST. TEARS OVER THIS

Which is like,,,, surprising honestly I know I say I cry a lot but but it’s not?? legit I’m not honestly crying I don’t tear up easily like
I watched the end of Crisis Core but I didn’t cry

I may have legitimately cried over ch174 but I don’t remember I just know that I don’t often cry real tears I get this feeling in my gut and a tug in my chest and have to sit back and look away and process but real tears are kidna rare for me??

But I’m sitting here going though like five different drafts of how this will go and I got to the “sora I’m a little hurt you thought I wouldn’t forgive you???” and I started crying like
It wasn’t a waterfall of tears but I was tearing up a little I just
She says that and he sits there and HE starts crying because hes’ not even baffled he realizes
Once those words leave her mouth
That he can’t exactly
Remember
Why
He ever thought he’d hate her and he feels SO DUMB because he realizes HOW DUMB it is once she tells him
And I just
Ahhhhhhhhhh I cried real tears this is so good this is so good I love this


See the thing is I GET SoKai
Like I understand Namiku I understand the Riku/Aerith dynamic yes they tug at me but
SoKai is something so natural to me because it’s me and my bff it’s me and grace it’s me and the girl I’ve known for more than half my life and I know how that works I know how that friendship works I understand it I have LIVED it
I’ve never been in a serious relationship with anyone I’ve never dated seriously so I don’t FULLY know what it feels like to be Namiku y’know??
I kinda get the Riku/Aerith dynamic a little more but not
Not as strongly as I feel the SoKai dynamic
Because I know what it feels like to be them. I know what it feels like to have a friend that might as well be family. I know what it’s like.


There were a lot of ways the SoKai apology could’ve gone (though I only found two written down?? Very strange) but the moment I started crying while typing this one up I knew I had to go with it
I had to

Proof that Roxas is a piece of shit:
            HE’D STAND THERE FOR A MOMENT
Lean against the back of their couch drum his fingers on it
“am I interrupting something? Sorry—” NO HE’S NOT “—I just wanted to know if we were still on for that beach date?? If not I totally understand” very pointed look at Sora


TUMBLR USERRAKATAKAT MENTIONED IN A POST THAT DESTINY ISLANDS HAS IT’S OWN LANGUAGE like she is all over rich background stuff for Destiny Islands and it actually being an island community she has so many good headcanons on it

ANYWAY BUT SHE SAID THAT SORA AND RIKU AND KAIRI ALL HAVE THAT NATIVE TONGUE and I figure they probably never use it because they are also fluent in English/whatever it’s equivalent is/whatever everyone else speaks
But they do use it when talking to each other and just
Imagine
This chapter specifically Sora and Kairi having this whole conversation in their native tongue—and if not all of it then definitely the part with the apologies and the crying because they’re both too upset to English

Meeeeeanwhile Riku does know said language because a) he has real thing’s memories and b) he’s already super good with languages it’d be dumb for him to not be
And even if he’s not legitimately super  good with languages (seeing as that’s not exactly canon), then Real Thing’s memories should be enough
He’s really rusty with it at first but after a few months (if that) he picks it up again just fine

I’m not sure if Namine’s picked it up entirely like?? Idk if Namine in canon knew it (though I wouldn’t be surprised because she’s kairi’s nobody ((+ the amount of time she dealt with Sora’s memories which some of them had to involve him speaking his native tongue.)) Perhaps Roxas knew it too??) and even if she got transferred some of it from riku’s memories there’s no guarantee she got all of it
She’s picking it up okay but it’s almost like teaching her from the beginning

MEANWHILE FUN THOUGHTS ROXAS IN FTPVERSE MOST LIKELY KNOWS IT because that’s one of the things that seems likely to get transferred because Replica
And he doesn’t speak in it much but just
Imagine
Him walking up to Sora and Kairi in this chapter and instead of speaking to them in “english” like they expect he asks Kairi in their native tongue “so how about that beach date?”
And Sora and Kairi are just like “??? ????? HOW DO YOU KNOW OUR LANGUAGE??” that’s so fun to think about

Shad probably knows the language too tbh and just imagine all the conversations that happened between him and Sora in Dead Inside happening in their native tongue and Sora’s probably surprised to hear it when they first meet but he suppose it makes most sense once he considers it

Also Kairi and Sora bad mouthing maleficent in their native tongue during falling to pieces
Oh man I’m so in love with this idea


that's kinda all I have but I'll finish off with this upset picture of Sora


bbbecause Sora's real upset over the entirety of endgame about what happened with Shad about what happened in general and just
There are moments for a while where he'll just pause and get this sorta look and just
be upset

Sora's so upset

No comments: