Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8/13/14 (chapter 239 commentary)

Happy AkuRokuShi day folks




Have an AMV

Uhm if you want I (sorta) liveblogged the Days Movie, and general AkuRokuShi feels from today are all under the 81314 tag on my tumblr
if you want 'em

If you want a playlist, there's this one, and this one that popped up on my tumblr dash while writing this blog

Chapter time then, I guess




read ch239

ch239 tag


Even though it's AkuRokuShi day, this chapter actually has a looooot of SoRiKai feels

Haha


This image actually has very little to do with the chapter besides being SoRiKai but. Y'know. SoRiKai.


Now to you're regularly scheduled commentary

ahem 
*clears throat dramatically*

OH GRAVY GOOD GRACIOUS IT JUST HIT ME SO HARD

RIKU ACTUALLY FULLY INTENDED TO KILL NAMINE

HE WAKES UP WORRIED WHERE SHE IS BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE DIDN’T SEE HER BE SUBDUED AND. WHAT IF SOMEONE KILLED HER. WHAT IF THEY HAD TO. WHAT IF.

Like he didn't fully anticipate the consequences of it initially and so they didn't hit him until right about now

Thankfully for him, Namine's not dead


Also thankfully for him, the patch of dark suit on his skin isn't the bright purple lavender color, but the blackish/purpleish color that you see closer to his neck. It's still extremely obnoxious, but at least it's not an abnormal color.

It’d be mean to make Riku walk around with a patch of BRIGHT LAVENDER PURPLE on his skin yanno

Did I mention that the shirt is actually most likely too short to even cover that purple spot?? I didn't, but that's because I didn't want to embarrass Riku further
Namine missed most of his vitals, thankfully for him, scraping a lung/his stomach at worse

I mean, considering the angle of the blow, she probably hit him about the stomach going in, but the blade exited somewhere close to between his shoulderblades
Thooooooough Riku's also a good foot taller than me and probably has a.... taller chest. I guess is what I want to call it.
So there's a chance that Namine only narrowly missed vitals but
hey
she missed vitals

Oh yeah Riku mentioned she'd stabbed him in the same spot Sora did, right?? That's roughly right between his lungs and somewhere under his heart

Though I still think based on the angle of everything her blade would've gone in a little lower and come out a little higher
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT STAB WOUNDS


I already talked about the Darkness + Replicas thing in the previous chapter commentary, but if you need a recap, basically I just said "making Riku an exception to the 'darkness can't effect Replicas' rule inevitably made more sense than changing the rule to fit him constantly"

Factors such as Shad meddling and Replicas being at risk of other darkness-related dangers still come into play, but Replicas are generally immune to darkness thanks to the darkness protection protocols.
(unless you're Riku)

And if you want to bring up the "okay but back in Falling to Pieces he himself said Replicas can't be harmed by darkness", the answer is very simply he didn't know he lacked the darkness protection protocols and therefore assumed he was safe


MOVING ON

It didn't happen exactly as I said it did on tumblr, but Riku about had a panic attack and I’m just so. Touched. By how Vexen dealt with it he didn’t drop everything and try and calm Riku instead he directed everyone’s attention away from Riku by going into an in-depth explanation and
In the middle of explanation indirectly told Riku that hey. don’t worry. I’m not making you go back to that universe.

Gosh

Gosh I love their relationship so much I know I know I know Riku hates him trust me I know

But still

I hope I am able to reach a point where Riku hates Vexen less. I really hope I have a chance to write their relationship when it doesn’t involve Riku hating Vexen with near every fiber of his being

It’s not gonna happen now it’s not gonna happen soon but maybe. One day.


Where do they come up with the random objects in Castle Oblivion? I don’t know.


I’m literally going to spend the rest of forever making notes in my head about when Sora and Kairi are and are not speaking English
(as Riku’s asking Vexen about returning to the other universe, they are definitely speaking Destiny Island’s native tongue)

RIKU IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE SOMETIMES AND IT PISSES ME OFF
Like normally I don’t mind too much but I’m sitting here and he’s beign a jerk to Vexen and then he’s a jerk to Sora and I just. why. why is that necessary Riku. why.

Oh no and then I get sad because I remember Larxene acts like this probably a lot and he learned it from her and he’s hardly had enough time to unlearn it gosh

Nothing is more painful than drawing parallels between him and Larxene

I LOVE WRITING SORIKAI AS MUCH AS I LOVE WRITING SOKAI HHHHHHH

They're last little exchange is so great--I never realized how refreshing it'd be to write them all interacting as friends until I was doing it sighs deeply

No comments: