Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chapter 225 commentary

I don't even have anywhere interesting to start??

Wait I lied. I've been playing a little (a little) Reverse/Rebirth and I hit the part where Repliku showed up.

The breakdown for his intro scene plus a little with Vexen and Ansem afterwards is here
And if you want everything leading up to that it's on this page

I WAS GONNA TALK ABOUT SOUL EATER BUT. MEMORY CASTLE AU

I literally keep forgetting to mention this. There was a prompt about "if your team loses their memories of their adventures would they still be a team" or something and it spawned this whole AU where the main cast (Sora Riku Kairi Namine) end up in this castle and they've lost all their memories. And then they slowly regain their memories as they escape the castle.
And, yeah, I did just give you the whole plot but it's still fun to read them being super suspicious of each other at first.

The post that spawned the whole thing is here
The tag for the AU is here

I also wrote an intro/first chapter for it which you can read here

I may post the AU to FFnet some day but only if I finish it or know I'm going to finish it. Chances aren't high I will, considering I have so much on my plate--but, it was really fun to write, so maybe I will! Who knows! I'd like to finish Dead Inside first though

That's kinda it but I guess highlights

  • Sora calling the Keyblade a "keysword" until he remembers what it's actually called
  • Riku and Kairi got into a fight before Sora woke up
  • Kairi and Riku actually argued the entire time
  • that was fun
Anyway!




I made a mix on 8tracks which is basically the Falling to Pieces soundtrack. Mind you there's only 10 tracks that still fit FtP that I had saved but hey. any more than 15 and it becomes too long for a mix imo -- tracklist here

(I do have "soundtracks" planned for all the other fics too I'm just gonna wait a bit before uploading them)

Chapter Header

read link

tumblr tag

Riku’s scene is exactly 800 words

Idk even what sorta notes I had on this omg whoops

I censored Kairi between the brainstorm and the actual story tho I do that a lot (she said fuck at least twice)

As for sora’s scene
Have this bit of brainstorm I'm not even sure why I saved
Sora watched Riku go—just to make sure he was going—and then turned back to Xaldin and Kairi. Xaldin’d put Kairi in some sort of wind cage LIKE UGH THIS ISN’T COMING OUT RIGHT BUT HE GETS FED UP OF HOLDING HER PLUS SHE’S TRYING TO SHOVE HIM OFF KICK HIS KNEES THROW LIGHT AT HIM SO HE SHOVES HER ASIDE AND PUTS UP A BARRIER OF WIND AROUND HER AND THAT’S NOT COMING OUT


Among the words kairi wanted to call Xaldin first she wanted to say “real fucking life” but then I was like “no” and so she wanted to call him a name but “idiot” wasn’t strong enough but “bastard” and “asshole” were too strong and then I had “jerkface” “jerkbutt” and “jerkcow”
Jerkcow
Jerk.cow.

Between yelling over this wind barrier and potential Later Things Kairi is going to definitely lose her voice by the end of the night and I’m going to have her be in CO and look at a Vexen and be like “holy crap can I please have a glass of water or something”
(tbh the only way Later Things aren’t going to happen is if I can’t make them flow otherwise I really wanna try because it’s one of my favorite thoughts + super funny honestly. Though,,,,, im’ maybe a little embarrassed,,,,, a little)

Wait this brainstorm note
The wind picks up in attempt to drown kairi out and Xaldin sends an annoyed look over at her he doesn’t get paid enough for this shit


I was gonna have Sora go antiform on Xaldin because irony
(antiform is like the worst drive form to get during the Xaldin battle and like every time I played kh2 I was always right around triggering it so if I used a drive form during that battle chances were I’d get anti and while anti is fun it also means I can’t cure and when you’re underlevel and playing survival it sucks)

But then I realized that having sora go antiform severely screws up later scenes and I really can’t afford it
(plus sora hasn’t had a lot of trouble with his darkness lately??)

I tried for a bit to do antiform but it wasn't flowing and the flow of what happens in ch228 aka the start of the soshad battle is so much more important to me than Sora going antiform for poops n giggles/irony/whatever the heck I wanted it to be


The initial plan was to have Kairi screaming over the wind barrier become so obnoxious that Xaldin sent her off because of it but it was faster to have him invade her personal space. unfortunately.

(also Kairi yelling + the increasing noise made it very hard for Xaldin to Convince Sora To Join Them. Initially.)

No comments: