Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grrr.... chapter titles... (ch160)

But before I discuss the chapter, let's talk stuff that's been going on on the blog

Namiku blog! (though I doubt you've missed it)

Post discussing people's ages! 

ASAS ch50 and it's blog (that was a sadorable scene with Joseph and if you haven't read it yet then aslkdf)

And official post about what I'm doing for the anniversary in case you want more details than what I'll give you in just a sec

Update!! The Meltdown Project page has been moved to clear up some space (and the pages have been rearranged a little too) The Meltdown Project can now be found here

Also, today is Namine's birthday! And by today I mean yesterday/ten minutes ago. August 6th. I had a little thing on the fic's tumblr about it, though to be honest it wasn't nearly as fun as Riku's birthday, back on July 9th. Oh well.
(My internet's been... lacking lately. I still have internet, but our router died, meaning only one person can use the internet at a time. It's a little annoying, but I'll manage.)

Now, as for the anniversary!

Like I said in that post I linked to above, I'm going to be posting the OFFICIAL Timeline on the anniversary, along with recording me sitting and talking about it. Whoo! It's not nearly as exciting as last year's Question thingies, but, again, the anniversary kinda snuck up on me this year, and I wasn't even planning on doing anything for it...

Then I kept having to delay posting the timeline, and discovered how fun it was to sit and record myself talking about my fic. So. Yeah.

And it'll be an in-depth discussion about the timeline and the events that happen. I cover like, ten (or fifteen, now that I've expanded it) years before the Truth Hurts, which, of course, I've written very little scenes for. Which means I'll end up explaining how things fit together, expanding on certain events, and hopefully recounting amusing stories about some things!
(I have a lot to say about Vexen and the Replica Program, but I'll likely just post my initial discussion about it that I recorded on Sunday. I'd planned to just post highlights, but, idk... I think I'll just split it up into five minute clips and stuff and just post 'em because I discussed a lot of interesting stuff and it's not like I can recreate it all. though I'll probably try...)

And... yeah. That's sort of it anniversary wise

chapter time!

convenient link

~let's talk~

Oh look

I hardly have any notes on this chapter

and there's only two posts in my tumblr tag

da eff??

I might have written this in one go and not paused to rant on tumblr on it/turned my internet off for it. I'm not giving you a link since the two posts are boring, but if you really want to see them just check the ch160 tag.

Now as for the notes I wrote down...

Apparently this is their first fight. I'm coming up blank for any other fights. I know they fought a bit over Riku's darkness back in HB in ch... ah, ch112? Somewhere in there. I think the chapter title was "Friendly Frustration".

Besides that... they've obviously argued about a few trivial things and had those little fights that don't last more than ten seconds and they get over nearly immediately.

But yeah I don't think they've ever fought and it's gone this badly before...

My notes say:
"Riku, baby, I know you’re suddenly feeling very attracted to Namine but really? That was the thought that crossed your mind?"

lol idk what I was talking about. I wrote this about ten chapters ago, so I don't remember what he was thinking. (It might've involved kissing her. He's been thinking about that a lot lately and I just have to keep telling him no because he still aren't quite there yet)

My notes go on to say that the flow of this chapter felt really different. Like, it's rawIt's more raw than it is gut-wrenching but I think raw is good.

I really don't think I'm aiming for tears. But if you get the same raw "holy shoot this is painful" feeling that I did while writing it then I will feel accomplished.

(Magik went "nurrrrrrrrr" after reading it and KKBeckett commented that it felt a little like a real argument. And that's actually enough reason to feel accomplished.)

Also I commented in my notes that it was "raw and intimate and that probably makes it hurt more than anything" because not only is it an argument and not only is it raw but it's also really intimate and they're holding onto each other and breathing each other's air for a moment there.

And being that intimate but also arguing at the same time? Idk I feel like that's gotta be a little more painful than a regular argument. Maybe.

Fun fact! I listened to a non-stop mix of Linkin Park (particularly the albums "Living Things", "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory") while writing this!

Now for me yelling at Riku:

"Riku please I know you want to but even kissing her on the forehead is a step too far for you at the moment..." 
(to be said with a little frustration but also a little sadness and also this is probably stemming from whatever thought he was thinking earlier)

"You’re breathing her air now Riku. You gonna comment on that?" 
(to be said with a little bit of amusement because hey Riku I'mma let you get away with something though he didn't get away with much oh well)


And.... that's it! Cool!

No comments: