Sunday, July 28, 2013

Namiku Playlist

I don't know why I didn't do a post on this... I should've...

(also expect a Namiku blog in 5 minutes kay? I just have to read through it and make sure it's fit to post)

~

My Namiku Playlist (listen)

       Touched by Her Hand - Two Steps from Hell

       Your Guardian Angel - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

       Gift of Life - Thomas Bergersen

       In My Arms - Dead By April

       Breathe Into Me (acoustic ver.) - RED

       Right Here - Ashes Remain

       Run - P!nk

       Cry on my Shoulder - Overflow

       Not Alone - RED

       Undone - Lifehouse

       In Your Skin - Lifehouse

       Make me Over - Lifehouse

       Goodbye for Now - Two Steps from Hell

       She Is - the Fray

       Anywhere but Here - Safetysuit

~

(also on tumblr)

AND BECAUSE I LIKE HAVING REASONINGS FOR SONGS

here are my reasons for picking out each song/why they give me feels. (It's in very simple terms but breaking them all down?? maybe another time)

Also, hey, I'll give you the line that gives me the most feels, kay? (and there's a * next to the songs that give me the most feels)

Touched by Her Hand

            Official Namiku theme.

Your Guardian Angel

            Riku protecting Namine. Simple as that.

“I will never let you fall - I'll stand up with you forever - I'll be there for you through it all - Even if saving you sends me to heaven”

Gift of Life

            Ties in witch ch133. Mainly in here because of that reason.

In My Arms *

Them looking out for each other, protecting each other, or at the very least holding each other through the pain because there is a lot of pain in their lives

“Don't give in, don't let your, memories break you…
In my arms you'll be fine…”
It was hard to pick a good line… the entire song gives me feels

Breathe Into Me *

            (Acoustic because I like it better and it’s a bit more raw)
            Again, them looking out for each other and stuff.

“And this is how it hurts when I pretend I don't feel any pain - And this is how I disappear when I throw myself away”

Right Here

They’re always there to protect each other, comfort each other, I’m being repetitive but that is literally the core of their relationship

“I can see every tear you've cried - like an ocean in your eyes - All the pain and the scars have left you cold - I can see all the fears you face - through a storm that never goes away - Don’t believe all the lies that you’ve been told”

Run

            Another protection-feelsy song

            “I wouldn't hurt you, like the world did me - Keep you safe, I'd keep you sweet”

Cry on My Shoulder

Namine comforting Riku. Because he’s got a lot of pain, too, and she wants to protect him just as much as he wants to protect her

“You say you're falling apart - Reached the end of the line…
…You just want to feel loved instead of all the pain.”

Not Alone *

            More being there for each other and helping each other through the pain
(This is literally all they do in Dead Inside. Or at all. They are very rarely happy and cute lol)

“And everything's gone but the pain carries on - Lost in the rain again - When will it ever end? - The arms of relief seem so out of reach - But I, I am here”

Undone

I feel this song reflects that hurt/comfort aspect of their relationship (though tbh I don’t remember adding it to the playlist so my reasons for WHY are a little skewed. I mean it fits them but pegging WHY EXACTLY I DECIDED TO PUT IT IN THE PLAYLIST again)

“Tell me everything you need now anything at all - And I will be the one who's waiting anytime you fall”

In Your Skin *

This song is specifically directed at Riku, and, in this case, Namine’s the one singing it. It gives me a lot of Riku feels because it’s all about breaking down those walls you built up and letting go of all the lies you’ve made yourself believe about yourself

“Give in, give it up, you're the only one believing in all of your lies”

Make me Over

            Sort of Riku agreeing to the last song I guess
            (That is my reasoning for it. Tbh though I’m only 50% into this song for Riku but)

“Wrap my arms around your name - Feel your breath against my pain - As I breathe out… the past is gone”

Goodbye for Now

I think this was supposed to be their book 5 theme but I’m also pretty sure I changed it. Oh well. It sounds like it could fit them.

She Is

            Riku realizing how much Namine means to him *cough cough*

“This is going to bring me to my knees - I just want to hold you close to me”

Anywhere but Here

And realizing that he really doesn’t want to leave her. Ever. (And vice versa because she feels the same)


“And when I'm not with you, I know that it's true - That I'd rather be anywhere but here without you”

No comments: